• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Carracosta vs. Archeops

Carracosta or Archeops

• Total voters

bubz41

So Archeops vs. Carracosta. Teach Archeops Hidden Power (Grass) and it'll do 3x damage to Carracosta due to Rock Solid ability or if it has Sturdy 4x damage. Btw if you're going to use aqua jet, Archeops has quick guard and perhaps breed it roost so it can recover its hp. Endeavor is quite useful in this case, if Archeops survives, however. Although Carracosta definitely looks cooler and has better abilities/ defense.

Guywhoiam

Dr. Researcher Man
So Archeops vs. Carracosta. Teach Archeops Hidden Power (Grass) and it'll do 3x damage to Carracosta due to Rock Solid ability or if it has Sturdy 4x damage. Btw if you're going to use aqua jet, Archeops has quick guard and perhaps breed it roost so it can recover its hp. Endeavor is quite useful in this case, if Archeops survives, however. Although Carracosta definitely looks cooler and has better abilities/ defense.

Give Carracosta Ice Beam and a Focus Sash, and watch it kill Archeops.

Last edited:

BlazingCold

I love unovas fossils. I gunnuh start over my black wheni get home firm my vacation and trade my recents 2 Unova, then start over and have an awesome team.

XXD17

Draco rex
Give Carracosta Ice Beam and a Focus Sash, and watch it kill Archeops.

wha? is that how we are comparing pokes? by pitting them against each other rather than see how they do in the grand scheme? I mean if that's the case then palkia is definitely not as good as dialga considering dialga resists all of Palkia's STAB's and can OKHO palkis with a roar of time...but that's obviously not the case considering palkia is much more versitle and resistant in the grand scheme than dialga...both carracosta and archeops are good...carracosta with great defenses, abilities and physical attack but speed so abysmal that shell smash can't even help it...archeops is super fast with great attacking stats along with crippling defenses and a WTF ability...of course when put against each other carracosta would win considering it does get sturdy and a waterfall (or maybe even an aqua jet) will take out archeops...but in the grand scheme, carracosta dies very easily to haxorus, any grass type save tropius and abomasnow, hydreigon, and most fighting types...as for archeops, its speed and monumental attack allows it to take out virtually most threats before taking a hit itself...it can outspeed haxorus and hydreigon and take then out with d-claw or u-turn away, it can take out most fighting and grass types with STAB acrobatics, and rock, electric and steel types with EQ...its only enemies are the sturdy pokes like gigalith or magnezone, ferrothorn of course, and bulky waters like milotic, vaporeon or swampert...all in all I prefer archeops but from an ability standpoint, carracosta might fare better in competitive battle but not because it can beat archeops...also, carracosta's special attack sucks about as much as its speed....

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Archeops is BOSS

It's an archeopteryx. That is beyond cool. And it looks more like a Microraptor. THAT MAKES IT 20% COOLER.

And its stats are retardedly huge and Flying Gem Acrobat WRECKS SOME S*** YEAH.

And you can get around Defeatist if you play it safe, just take out the priority users and Stealth Rock isn't omnipresent in 5th gen anyway.

Oh and if Defeatist activates, well HEAD SMASH IS STILL AS GOOD AS FULL-HP ROCK SLIDE HELLS YEAH.

[/OVERDRAMATIC]

Carracosta's Shell Break is pretty sweet too. :3

~Chibi~;249;;448;

Geekachu

Despite this, I've heard some very good things about Sturdy-Shell Break Carracosta which I really want to try.

They've both got awesome designs, perhaps I'd consider them quite equal.

XXD17

Draco rex
Archeops has got very good stats meaning that in-game you barely notice it's ability. I used it on an E4 team and it was the powerhouse of the team.

Despite this, I've heard some very good things about Sturdy-Shell Break Carracosta which I really want to try.

They've both got awesome designs, perhaps I'd consider them quite equal.

shel smash turtle is good....but it kind of has to be jolly or naive to actually do anything...considering even neutral nature makes it too slow...

FireTheAbsolLord

Bad Username
Both have nice designs. They tie for that. You can't argue because the design's appeal is a opinion, and thus, if you argue about it, there is no winner.

But really, they tie. You should see it this way. Your going wifi, and you want a defensive Pokemon on your team. Carracosta or Archeops? Carracosta. Want a fast Pokemon? Archeops. Want a Water-type Pokemon? Carracosta. Want a Flying-type Pokemon? Archeops.

I personally prefer Carracosta myself. Tirtouga is awfully cute. Like, Joltik cute. That's saying something there. Carracosta is also half water, while Archeops is half flying. I needed a Water-type on my team. Favorite Water-type of the region? Carracosta. So, pretty much, I do prefer Carracosta, but I wanted to be fair to both.

Last edited:

Poke_Cannon

Beck is my boy'
Shell Smash + Aqua Jet + Sturdy = victory

Design = both

Highest Tier = Archeops.. but barely.. and soon.. probably both UU.

Meowth City

Staff member
I prefer Carracosta - at the moment I'm using Tirtouga on my team because I love the design of it. I just love aquatic animals especially turtles and the like. I prefer the typing of it, but Archeops is a decent Pokemon.

Icing Sugar

Carracosta because Archeop's ability sux. Besides, I prefer turtles over birds.

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
Archeops>Carracosta everytime.

jangst

awesome kid
I like carracosta because it looks and is cool and because archeops is so easy to knock out if you have a defensive water type such as carracosta.

auryn

Eevee Breeder
I love Archeops for its versatility. With a wide range of attacks, it can handle almost anything you can throw at it.

pokeplayer73

I chose carracosta. The reasoning behind this is carracosta is one of the few things that can wall an Archeops and KO it. Even if Archeops had a move like earthquake, Carracosta would still survive with its high defense with guarenteed survival from sturdy or high chance with solid rock. Archeops also has defeatist which is a slight damper to it. Carracosta can also work on trick room teams, sandstorm teams, and rain teams while Archeops only benifits from sandstorm. Also, Carracosta can carry aqua jet to overcome its main flaw of its lack of speed.

Carracosta seems to be the more responsible and quality choice. However, both can be used effectively in game and competitively.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
I'd like to stand up for Carracosta, since I know a lot of people who think Carracosta is ugly, but sadly, Carracosta is one Pokemon I just can't blame people for thinking it's ugly. On looks, I'd get Archeops. On stats, I might get Carracosta, though.