• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Carry On, Blissey (PG-13)

Would you like to be added onto the PM list?

• Total voters

Feeshy

muse of snark
I love this fic. Great concept, amazing characters, everything is good. My only issues are a few grammar mistakes, but I'm just really picky about those things. When I tried to re-read the chapters and find the mistakes, though, I didn't see them, so I can't exactly point them out... Guess I'll look again later. The medical stuff seems pretty accurate, but that comes from someone who has never had any interest in medical stuff. I can't think of anything that you could improve, really. I'm just going to say that this fic is focused around a very good subject that I haven't seen before and has a nice plot to keep things going (Unless the whole Domino thing was a sub-plot). Overall, applause to you and this wonderful story.

Please add me to the PM list. I really want to read more of this when you write it.

Last edited:

ChloboShoka

Writer
I love this fic. Great concept, amazing characters, everything is good. My only issues are a few grammar mistakes, but I'm just really picky about those things. When I tried to re-read the chapters and find the mistakes, though, I didn't see them, so I can't exactly point them out... Guess I'll look again later. The medical stuff seems pretty accurate, but that comes from someone who has never had any interest in medical stuff. I can't think of anything that you could improve, really. I'm just going to say that this fic is focused around a very good subject that I haven't seen before and has a nice plot to keep things going (Unless the whole Domino thing was a sub-plot). Overall, applause to you and this wonderful story.

Please add me to the PM list. I really want to read more of this when you write it.
Thank you. I certainly will. :D

I actually just discovered this section of Serebii and, I must say, I love your fic! I read it all morning as I was getting ready for work and I'm now disappointed I read the last chapter. I have to applaud that you are able to keep Blissey's character throughout - she is so blunt and analytical; I was most impressed during the chapter that she had Lavender. She was mostly unfazed, as most Pokemon would be. It was a surprise, yes, but it was not overly dramatic as it would be for a person. And that's good! You didn't break character. It impressed me. :) Too often, people lose sight of the character's quirks and views on things. You haven't. Bravo!

I'm eagerly awaiting developments with Spiritomb. I want to see how he is getting on, as well as Lavender! I shamelessly shipped Spiritomb with Blissey from the get go. Yes, I'm silly and ship Pokemon. :p I ship everything, though.

Anywho, I babble! Great fic, I am eagerly awaiting the next installment. ♥

P.S: This is the first Fic I've ever read!!

Pink Harzard

So majestic
I am bad, really bad. I haven't reading your story because I thought that is was a candyfloss-sweet story. I'm glad that I'm totally wrong about that.
Now I really wonder how those medic Pokémon in the series are always doing so happy-go-lucky. I like Blissey's character, caring but also a bit like House. The way you write the atmosphere in the hospital is very interesting. Also a lot of characters from the series are paying a visit in your story. But the thing that impress me the most is the fact that there is always something happening in each chapter. I haven't found a chapter that was like a filler. Everything contains new surprising facts.

May I be in the PM-list?

ChloboShoka

Writer
Augustine

They put Pikachu's implantable cardioverter defibrillator in the wrong place. It has to be under the collar bone and not beside it. So Pikachu had to have another operation just to put the ICD in the correct place. That was why it wasn't working. Mrs Swanna thought I was going mad, but I knew that something wasn't right. Now that it's been corrected, I feel a lot more better. I wanted to supervise Mrs Swanna with her operation with Garchomp. Even though the operation was successful, I still couldn't trust her.

When I said Spiritomb shouldn't be working, I think I might take that back now. Operations and palliative care are one of his areas of expertise. It certainly wasn't Mrs Swanna's areas of strength. Mrs Swanna acted odd behind machines, which I could understand due to her quadruple vulnerability against electricity. She would sustain a lot of damage from an open electric volt. I know what Mrs Swanna is like, if she knows she's made a mistake she will quickly go into a defensive mode. She will use her weakness against electricity as an excuse.

I keep telling her to have some wacan berries, but she always says she hasn't got the time to find them. All she needs to do is ask Swampy, the pokemon head of the catering department, and he will give her a berry. I'm pretty sure he has wacan berries around considering he uses hundreds of berries for his cooking. I know they're rare, but once obtained they're so easy to grow.

"I'm surprised Garchomp lived through the operation," Mrs Swanna confessed to me. She sounded as if a great weight had been lifted from her wings. We were wheeling Garchomp back into his room as Iris' Haxorus followed us all the way back to her dad's room.

"How did the operation go?" Haxorus asked.

"Better than expected," Mrs Swanna announced. I didn't like the flamboyant tone she used. "The cancer shouldn't spread anymore now."

The lack of proper diagnosis in the past helped Garchomp's cancer spread all over his body. I don't think there could be anywhere else the cancer could spread to. The most infected area was his wings. The body tissues in Garchomp's wings were dying from the lack of blood supply. We had no choice but to remove them. We also had to remove Garchomp's claws and spikes to stop him from hurting himself or damaging the syringe driver if he rolled over to the bed.

Four times a day, care assistants would go into Garchomp's room. They would clean him up, roll him over and apply cream to vulnerable areas. It would stop him from developing pressure sores and ensures that he's comfortable. We have to wait a few weeks until we can operate on Garchomp again. But I'm not sure if Garchomp is going to last that long. If we were in the Kanto Clinic I used to work at, they would have put the pokemon down. I had been involved in euthanasia and putting pokemon to sleep before. It's illegal in Sinnoh. One on hand it's good to see a patient finally free from their pain, but on the other hand, it's our duty to preserve and protect live, and not to end it.

Euthanasia hasn't been brought up yet. I hope it doesn't. Patient's right to live or die conflicts with our duty. Garchomp appears to be in a lot of pain, but I've yet to hear him complain. I wonder what he's thinking off right now? He rarely talks, but cries a lot.

"My son is meant to be coming soon," Garchomp croaked.

"He'll be here in a minute," Haxorus told him. She held onto the bed bars, being careful of the wounds and the syringe driver. "He's gone to see a friend of his."

"Which friend?"

"Red's Pikachu."

"Pikachu is young. What's he doing here?"

"He got hit by Officer Jenny's bike."

"Reckless women drivers," Garchomp croaked.

"Hello Dad!" A dragonite glided through the door as he spoke. He came to the other side of Haxorus and held onto his hand.

"Alright, Son?" Garchomp puffed and became dependent on his oxygen mask.

Dragonite nodded. "I'm good. You've got lots of people looking after you."

Garchomp yawned. "I want you both to stay here. That will make me cozy."

I left Garchomp with his kids and made my way to the nursing office. Then as I took a step outside the cancer unit, I discovered a familiar face. A tall man with dark blue hair and a white coat. When I knew him, he wore a blue tunic and had curly and less stylish hair then he does now.

Augustine Sycamore used to work as a health care assistant here when I started working here. He was studying evolution at university and he was here for ages. He left to start his new job in Kalos. It's been eight years since we've last met and his face is like a breath of fresh air. One would expect it to be a happy situation, but the circumstances are not so sweet.

Augustine had just walked out of the morgue with a female friend. She was a tall, slim and modest looking lady with dark hair. She was carrying a little ralts in her arms. By the looks of it, they were sharing their grief together. That gardevoir who died from a complication of AIDS and being hacked belonged to Augustine's friend. David had kidnapped the Gardevoir and altered her to the point where people would thing it was David's gardevoir.

"I'm very sorry about your Gardevoir," I told the lady. I didn't know her name, as it was the first time we ever met. But I was assuming the ralts in the lady's arm was a child of the deceased.

"When I heard the news I was shocked," Augustine admitted. "I will never understand why some people are horrible to pokemon. I have some sources that a gang in Kalos are behind some of the pokemon prostitution rings. The same ring that kidnapped Gardevoir and forced her into prostitution."

"Who do you think is doing this then?" I asked. I had a feeling that they were going to say that Team Rocket were behind the prostitution rings. It wouldn't surprise me if it was true. But Augustine said it was a gang from Kalos: Team Rocket's head quarters are in Kanto.

"Team Flare," Augustine replied. "They want to make a beautiful world."

"By stealing pokemon and using them as prostitutes?" I asked.

"I'm afraid so," Augustine murmured. "But I think they're doing much more than that. But Matron... I would like to introduce you to somebody. This is my friend Diantha."

"Nice to meet you," Diantha said.

"So what are Team Flare doing?" I asked. "Are they another Team Rocket Clone?"

"You could say that," Augustine replied. That meant yes.

"I'm certain that a special someone will defeat them for good," Diantha said.

"So what do you want me to do?" I asked. If it's all happening in Kalos, then I can't do much in Sinnoh. It would look really bad if the matron in charge leaves the ward when there are two league champions desperately wanting their pokemon to be saved. He can't expect me to run away with him.

Augustine smiled. "I need you to keep up with the good work."

"Believe me I will!"

"I would be just as bad as them if I sought revenge," Diantha said. She sighed and looked down on Ralts. "Maybe some day I'll be good enough to be a pokemon champion." The thought made both Augustine and Diantha smile.

"How are you going to take down Team Flare?" I asked Augustine before looking up to Diantha. "How are you going to be the champion?" They've got great ambitions, but their occupations require a lot of physical and social activity. They're going to be really short on time.

"I've already chosen four children in Vaniville Town," Augustine said. "They haven't got their trainer licences yet, but they have just the right traits that I'm looking for. By the time they pick their first pokemon, 69 species will be officially registered as pokemon along with fairy type being acknowledged as an actual type. This is a revolution Matron. Pokemon will never be in better shape."

"But Augustine..." As honourable as his research is, it was time to be realistic. "I don't think it's very sensible to allow young children to take on a prostitution ring."

"Now Matron," Augustine seemed pretty determined with his plan. "Many villainous gangs have disbanded because of trainer's dedication to pokemon."

"That is not the point," I snapped. "It's still dangerous. If the children got killed or were seriously injured you could be sued."

"It's gonna be fine," Augustine said. "Because Team Flare will go down."

His confidence nerved me. "There is such a huge problem with this."

"I've got the best team anyone could ask for," Augustine announced. "I've got a good friend called Lysandre. He promised he would help me out."

"How do you know this Lysandre isn't the leader of Team Flare?" I asked.

"I just don't know," Augustine said. Getting louder than ever, he continued. "I just have a feeling that I can trust my instincts. What will be will be."

"Listen to me," I said. "If those children die, it will be the end of your career."

"This is just the beginning." Augustine sounded very enthusiastic for such a dangerous mission. He sounded very delusional and different to the modest care assistant that I used to know. "By doing this, I'll get to discover more about the wonders of mega evolution. I can't discuss it with you yet: it's a top secret. But once Kalos pokemon are officially registered on the national pokedex, I will explain it."

"Please take care of Ralts," I said. I really couldn't think of anything else to say that Augustine will listen to, even if it was directed at Diantha. "Gardevoir would like that."

"I promise I will," Diantha said.

"Anyway I heard you're a mother now?" Augustine said.

"Oh yes," I replied. "Lavender... I haven't had the time to see her. I know she's quite happy with her father."

"It amazes me how you and Spiritomb were able to breed even with artificial insemination," Augustine admitted. He patted my head and said, "You two must have a special bond."

"Let me assure you that my relationship with Spirirtomb is strictly professional."

"So I guess he was sent home to spend more time with Lavender?" Diantha asked.

I shook my head. "Spiritomb has been signed off for health and safety reasons. He hasn't been very well."

"What a shame." Augustine smiled. "Oh well, I'm sure he'll get better soon. He's a true survivor."

"HELLO AUGUSTINE! I HAVEN'T SEEN YOU IN YEARS!"

Spiritomb's voice chimed through one side of the park to the other. Spiritomb appeared out of nowhere with a big malicious smile on his face.

"I thought you were signed off?" I told Spiritomb.

"I signed back on again," Spiritomb replied. "They can't keep me away for too long."

"See I told you," Augustine said with a cheeky blink. "Well I gotta go and let you guys go back to work. See ya."

Last edited:

ChloboShoka

Writer
I am bad, really bad. I haven't reading your story because I thought that is was a candyfloss-sweet story. I'm glad that I'm totally wrong about that.
Now I really wonder how those medic Pokémon in the series are always doing so happy-go-lucky. I like Blissey's character, caring but also a bit like House. The way you write the atmosphere in the hospital is very interesting. Also a lot of characters from the series are paying a visit in your story. But the thing that impress me the most is the fact that there is always something happening in each chapter. I haven't found a chapter that was like a filler. Everything contains new surprising facts.

May I be in the PM-list?
Sure! :D

Thank you. I'm glad you thought there wasn't a lot of filler in there. I always like to keep my fics interesting and make each chapter better than the first.

I actually just discovered this section of Serebii and, I must say, I love your fic! I read it all morning as I was getting ready for work and I'm now disappointed I read the last chapter. I have to applaud that you are able to keep Blissey's character throughout - she is so blunt and analytical; I was most impressed during the chapter that she had Lavender. She was mostly unfazed, as most Pokemon would be. It was a surprise, yes, but it was not overly dramatic as it would be for a person. And that's good! You didn't break character. It impressed me. :) Too often, people lose sight of the character's quirks and views on things. You haven't. Bravo!

I'm eagerly awaiting developments with Spiritomb. I want to see how he is getting on, as well as Lavender! I shamelessly shipped Spiritomb with Blissey from the get go. Yes, I'm silly and ship Pokemon. :p I ship everything, though.

Anywho, I babble! Great fic, I am eagerly awaiting the next installment. ♥

P.S: This is the first Fic I've ever read!!

Well I hope my fic can get you to read more fics in the future. There's a lot of gems around here. I was wondering when somebody would say that they shipped Spiritomb with Blissey. I'm a shipper too.

Thanks to both of you. :D

Pink Harzard

So majestic
My first serious review ever. I hope it will be usefull.

"Oh yes," I replied. ''Lavander, I haven't had the time to see her, but I know she's quite happy with her father."

"It amazes me how you and Spiritomb were able to breed," Augustine admitted. He patted my head and said, "You two must have a special bond."

"Let me assure you that my relationship with Spirirtomb is strictly professional. "

"So I guess he was sent home to spend more time with Lavender?" Diantha asked.

Ehm, this confused me a little bit. Is the baby called Lavander or Lavender?

Some nice references to the new games. But it seems like Diantha wasn't champion at the start of the game, in your story.

I enjoyed your chapter, thanks :)

ChloboShoka

Writer
My first serious review ever. I hope it will be usefull.

Ehm, this confused me a little bit. Is the baby called Lavander or Lavender?

Some nice references to the new games. But it seems like Diantha wasn't champion at the start of the game, in your story.

I enjoyed your chapter, thanks :)

It's meant to be Lavender after the town she was born in. Since the fic was written before Gen 6 was announced, so trying to fit the Kalos era in like I've tried to do with the other generations. Glad you enjoyed it though. Thanks for writing back.

ChloboShoka

Writer
Destiny Bond Syndrome

I wonder how Mr. Fierce is getting on? Even though we've had lots of patients, Mr. Fierce, Mew and Iris' Garchomp were the ones that stood out the most. I hope Mr. Fierce, Mew and her baby is safe wherever they are... assuming they're still alive.

Ever since Iris' Garchomp was admitted into hospital, I believed that he didn't have long left to live. He's been in and out of hospital for four months, but it's surprised me that he's lasted this long. He was the patient that was in my mind when I was asleep. Spiritomb sensed a desire to live. It's a common sign of Destiny Bond Syndrome. It's a syndrome not talked about in the medical profession: some even discard it.

Trainers and pokemon who spend a long time together will form a bond. These bonds are evident in any decent pokemon trainers. If the trainer died, then the pokemon would fall into a deep despair that no medicine will ever be able to cure. The pokemon would eventually die as it's whole body would just shut down. At the same time, DBS can also bring positives effects on the body. If a pokemon with the syndrome know that their trainer is alive and well, then it will make the pokemon want to live as well.

Iris must have been a great trainer, despite misjudging it's health. Garchomp was back in hospital again after falling out of bed. They tried to see if Garchomp was able to walk, but I knew it would be a bad idea. But what can I do if they decide to go home? With the new fairy type due to be announced, they've brought a new nurse into the ward. At first I thought she was grass/fairy, but it turned out she was just a pure fairy.

Zelda was an agency nurse. She was transported from a hospital in Lumiose City to work with us permanently. They wanted her to stay in charge of the night shifts. Zelda was a florges, a floral fairy species soon to be registered on the national pokedex. Zelda looks like a tall sunflower. The newly discovered fairy type is going to change the system, I just know it will.

I think she would be suitable working with dragons due to her immunity to dragons. The Dragon patients can get rough, she could counter their moves. Her special defense was something trainers could brag about, and her movepool made her an ideal nurse. She might be able to help comfort Garchomp.

Swampy stomped through the corridors carrying the tea trolley around the wards. He came to me and asked, "Would you like a cup of tea?"

"No thank you."

He smirked and looked to Zelda. "Would the beautiful flower like a drink?"

"Yes please," Zelda said. She chuckled. I can see why her trainer wanted to call her Zelda; she had that regal flare. "Green tea if you have any."

Swampy was starstruck, but it wouldn't last long. Soon Zelda had a green tea and drank it just as quickly as it was served. She'll fit in well.

"So I've heard you've had a couple of champions come in," Zelda said.

"We have a garchomp that belongs to Iris," I replied. "He isn't very well at all. He could be die at any moment. He's the eldest of his kind. He's the father to Lance's Dragonite and Iris' Haxorus. Wouldn't surprise me if he was related to Cynthia's Garchomp."

"How old is Garchomp?"

"He's 469."

"He must have been very well looked after to live that long..."

"I wouldn't want to live that long," Swampy said, and then he saddled away with his tea trolley. "I'd like to die in my prime. Wouldn't want folks fussing about me."

I found Swampy's words pretty ironic. Before he came working in the hospital, he was a wild pokemon that Domino picked up when she was on holiday. She thought it would someone like him would improve the food standards in the hospital. Well personally, I don't fancy any of the food on Swampy's menu because it's all too sweet for me. I prefer bitter food.

The place seems different without Domino. Even though she got what she deserves, a little of me reluctantly misses her. I think a lot of the staff are still shocked, puzzled and sad after Domino left, even now. They were deceived, but at least no one can know that I used to work for team rocket. I don't think any of the pokemon staff should know. They look up to me, and they would hold me responsible if they found out. No one would be able to do their jobs properly because there would be no trust or team work.

Zelda told Swampy. "I'm sure Arceus will call you when he's ready for you." It wasn't long till Swampy turned the corner and went out of their site. Zelda's got one friend already. She twirled over to me and said, "Do you believe in the Destiny Bond Syndrome? I sure do."

"I think there's a lot of psychological evidence that it exists," I replied.

"When my original trainer died; so did my mother."

"I'm sorry to hear that." One of the tutors in school advised us not to say sorry for something that wasn't your fault. Although sorry is the first thing that comes to your head when you hear someone's had heartbreak. Sure there are exceptions, but Zelda had to go through a lot.

"The funny thing was they died in the exact same way... only 48 hours apart. My original trainer drank herself to death and so did my mother. The alcohol they drank turned out to be a knock-off brand. It contained traces of mercury."

"Steel and poison does nasty damage to fairy types," I said. What a depressing way to greet someone on your first day. "And alcohol can be very poisonous. That's why fairy, grass and bug type pokemon shouldn't smoke nor drink."

"I don't see much of my sisters now," Zelda admitted, "Although I'm sure that they're fine."

"Are you sure they

"WELCOME TO KFC!" The gooey goomy sitting on the healing machine that we were passing by had cried out. Why KFC of all places? I'm really not sure, I guess that goomy's trainer is an immature loaf. To certain extents its true when they say pokemon are a mirror image of their trainers. I failed to see the humour.

"I think this is better than KFC," Zelda said.

"Where's my bucket?" Goomy cried out before returning to it's ball.

Zelda giggled. "He's sure nourished."

"He'll enjoy the taste," I said. "But what he won't enjoy is the diarrhea that comes with it."

"Oh, I see." Zelda shook her head. "Our next patient is a skuntank nicknamed Rupert. He was admitted at 4AM this morning by his trainer. MRI scan confirmed he had a stroke in the early hours of the morning. He just regained consciousness ten minutes ago."

Trainers don't expect it; but strokes can happen to pokemon too. I knew we were getting close to his room when we were greeted by a foul odor. By the time we opened the door, half the ward could smell Rupert. He was circling around the room and flooding the bed with liquids oozing from the tip of his tail. His head was tilted and he was using the side of the bed bars for protection.

"Where am I?" Rupert asked. "I don't know any of you."

The stench became stronger.

"I'm Matron Blissey and I'm the pokemon in charge of this hospital. I've come to check up on you."

"Where's Hikaru? How did this happen?"

"It's okay," Zelda said, trying to hold her breath. "You had a stroke a stroke last night and Hikaru will be seeing you shortly. Here, make a wish. It will make you feel better."

I can see that Rupert is going to need 24 hour care for four weeks. If he's kept clean and well medicated, he could make a full recovery within a fortnight. His blindness however, will take a long time to cure, if he is able to regain his sight. We'll have to call some pokemon in freshen up Rupert now. Zelda and I could do it, but we both have spot checks to carry out.

ChloboShoka

Writer
Strokes
The spot check was finally over. I was hoping Zelda and I would have finished by ten. The clock just stroke eleven, and I wasn't impressed with that I saw; dusty corners, wrinkled beds, slime on the windows and the clinical waste area was an absolute disgrace. Spiritomb and Zelda had to work together to destroy the waste whilst I was left doing the spot checks on my own. I can usually tolerate the workload, but this morning's work seems more hefty than usual. The sooner we get a new Nurse Joy, the better.

"We simply don't have the time to do anything," I heard Spiritomb say as he swirled around the room in a grump.

It was Zelda's first time doing the staff roster. When I saw it, I knew why Spiritomb was unhappy. He's been put in charge of the hacked unit. That was no problem, he liked that unit and has more knowledge about it then I do, but Solrock and Lunatone were on duty as well in that ward. He hates the rock types, I don't know why he couldn't just hold his tongue.

"I'm not working with them," Spiritomb hissed. He looked at me, hoping I would reallocate them to somewhere else.

I said, "I'm afraid you must."

"Matron, you can't let her control us. I thought this was our hospital."

"Look Spiritomb," Zelda hissed. "We are short-staffed, the chanseys and audinos have to cover other wards."

"Zelda's right." I nodded. "I have to fill in for Nurse Joy until we get a replacement."

"You lot are too soft with him," Zelda said to me. She didn't care weather Spiritomb heard it or not. He stormed off in a strop. Nothing like him, he's usually very professional. "He's only just got out of a nursing home."

Dr. Proctor came in out of nowhere without even the decency to knock. He was the area manager of the pokemon centres in Sinnoh. He's such a sleaze though: he's after any female human he can get. He had the potential to be an amazing doctor... if only he could get his head out of the gutter.

"I believe a congratulations in order," Dr. Proctor announced. He was holding a document in his hand.

"What?" I gasped. I don't know what this hospital has done to receive a congratulations.

Dr. Proctor had a huge smile on his face. "Despite recent events, we have been rated exceptional by the inspectors."

"But we haven't had one recently," I said.

"If you don't believe me have a look of the report. By the way Matron, I will be holding interviews for Nurse Joys next Monday. I was wondering if you could help me with the interview progress?"

"I guess so," I said. "How long will it be and how many are you interviewing?"

"So far two have confirmed that they're coming, but it could be as many as ten coming."

"I hope you're keeping it clean."

"We've got a good mixture, and I'm sure Zelda and Spiritomb will make a great team." I wanted to shake my head, but he was in charge. He seems to know exactly what he's doing/ Leaving Zelda and Spiritomb together without me seemed to be a recipe for disaster. Oh dear... whatever will happen next? Zelda needs more training and more time to get used to the hospital and its ways. "Anyway I've booked transport for all three of you to go to Kalos."

"Why do we have to go to Kalos for?" I asked.

"It's a special training day held by Professor Sycomore in his own laboratory in Lumoise City," Dr. Proctor announced. "All three of you will be going through the pokemon transporter and pokemon bank server."

"The what?" Spiritomb asked. "Say that again?"

"When you three have finished your shift tonight, return to your balls so I can send you over. Professor Sycamore will pick up outside his lab. There will be a lot of moving about, but it will be worth it. You will learn lots of knowledge."

Spiritomb shrugged. "I don't get it."

"You'll get used to it," Zelda told him.

"Can I have a look at the inspection report please?" I requested. I hope Zelda and Spiritomb don't try and outwit each other. I think Spiritomb has found a rival. I'm getting really concerned now. His mental health is so fragile and I often wonder if it was a good idea to come back to work, but it was his choice to come back to work, he'll have to accept the consequences. For the sake of my patients I hope nothing serious comes out of it.

"Of course." Dr. Proctor gave it to me with no questions asked.

We all heard a chansey cry out my name. I put the report down and skidded outside the office and saw Lucky running towards me.

"Matron!" Lucky cried out. "Iris' Garchomp just had a stroke."

"I'll have to look at the report later," I told Dr. Proctor.

Spiritomb and Zelda quickly followed me as soon as they could. When we rushed through the corridor to get into Garchomp's room, we saw Monica and Plum hoisting Garchomp back on the bed. His face was completely lopsided and his breathing was muffled. Iris was being dragged off the floor by Cilan.

"PLEASE HELP HIM!" Iris begged us. She was falling apart with only Cilan holding her back up. "I don't want him to die," she whimpered.

"Garchomp?" He was still breathing, but didn't respond to my voice at all. His skin was getting cold and black from his fresh bruises.

"He's completely unresponsive," Plum said.

Garchomp slumped over to the right side of the bed. Iris escaped from Cilan's grip and held onto Garchomp's hand. Cilan was trying his hardest to comfort Iris. When the machines went quiet I knew that it was time to announce the news they were dreading to hear. He was gone.

"Time of death 11:38."

"NO!" Iris squealed. She wouldn't let Garchomp go. "Garchomp..."

"Rest in peace," Cilan said. He stood behind Iris. We did everything we could for him, but we all knew that this day was coming. It dosen't make it any easier to take in.

Last edited:

ChloboShoka

Writer
Spiritomb's Breakdown​
After the shift, Spiritomb, Zelda and I returned to our balls and we assumed that Dr. Proctor would send us all to Kalos. It was a rocky ride, but we got to Kalos quicker than I imagined. We landed safely nevertheless and we all seemed to be accounted for. Apart from one person. Then along came Mrs. Swanna in Spiritomb's place.

"Mrs. Swanna?" I was convinced that Dr. Proctor did not invite the snoopy bird round.

"We were expecting Spiritomb to be with us."

"You see," Mrs. Swanna lowered her beak with regret. "Spiritomb didn't make it through the security check. I don't know the details, all I know is that they found Spiritomb to be problematic."

"Transfering through pokemon bank can be a draggy progress," Zelda explained. "However, there are barriers. If pokemon have illegal cells, they can't come to Kalos. We have a zero tolerance on illegal drugs and inappropriate names. Spiritomb is hacked. He will never be allowed here."

"Spiritomb is hacked?" Mrs. Swanna opened her beak and was petrified.

That was why he knew so much about the hacked syndrome, it was because he had it himself. It's possible that he could have also inherited it from his parents. I hate to admit it, but it all makes sense. That was why he knew so much about the disease. It was the reason why he hadn't been so well this year and the reason why he had been neglecting Minerva. I don't think he really meant to forget her. He was just a working class pokemon who worked to support his trainer and family.

A girl casually skated past us until she entered the laboratory. She looked like a girl who was on her way to become a trainer. That wasn't the scary part, it was the fact that the girl looked so much like my original trainer. Long blonde hair and a pink hat just how she use to wear it. She even had my trainer's eyes. I heard Augustine say that her name was Serena, but that's about it.

"But when Spiritomb first joined us, they didn't find anything wrong with him at all," I added. I refuse to believe that Spiritomb is the evil malicious monster that Zelda is painting him as.

"Technology in Kalos is superior," Zelda said in a firm voice. "Spiritomb is dangerous. He probably has the wonder guard ability."

It shouldn't bother me, but it does. We've been brought into Augustine's office to do some special training, and yet we have no idea what it's all about. Doctor Proctor made it sound as if it was a secret mission. Then I heard Mrs. Swanna panting. I faced her direction and there before us was Spiritomb.

"Spiritomb?" I tried to step closer but was dragged back by Florges.

"Leave!" Zelda demanded. "You're breaking the law being here. Hacked pokemon aren't allowed to be here."

Spiritomb cackled, but it sounded different to the one I knew. "So ill pokemon are banned, but criminals aren't?" All of a sudden I felt very uncomfortable. Especially when he glared at me with red eyes that pierced into my soul. "GO ON MATRON!" he hissed. "Tell them your secret? You don't want them to know that you used to work for Team Rocket?"

Spiritomb's body began to form a zigzag pattern which eventually curved into a question mark. I had never seen anything like it. How long had be been suffering for? Has Domino been drugging him up all these years? I didn't want my staff to know they work for Team Rocket because they would panic. I knew a nasty confrontation would happen if anyone knew.

"How did you contract the hacked syndrome?" I asked Spiritomb. He was glitching really badly.

"Why does it matter to you?" Spiritomb croaked. "You're a traitor. I'll never let you work again." Threats don't normally bother me, but coming from somebody who I had a lot of respect for, it hurt. What did I do wrong to make Spiritomb so angry. It can't be because he dosen't like rock pokemon, it's got to be something much deeper.

"Matron?" Zelda asked. "Do you happen to remember treating a flabébé who held onto a sunflower?"

I've treated so many patients so it's hard to remember every case exactly. The only time I can recall treating a flabébé matching Zelda's description was at the Kanto clinic. But since the secret is out, it dosen't make a difference. "Team Rocket wanted to destroy a flabébé because they didn't know what it was and decided it was worthless. I fought for that pokemon's survival and eventually they left it in my care. Once it was fully healed, I released it into the wild so it could find it's trainer."

"Then... you're the one who saved me. You're the reason I wanted to be a nurse. I never thought I would actually find you. Thank you, Matron."

"Guys," Mrs. Swanna shrieked. "Spiritomb's evolving!"

"But Spiritomb can't evolve!" Zelda shouted.

Spiritomb turned white and changed into the shape of an upside down tear drop with long grizzly hands. His body became pitch black and surrounded with purple gas. His eyes and mouth were blank. I haven't seen a Missingno in years, and it was the first time I have seen a pokemon evolve into a missingo. Could I even call him Spiritomb anymore?

"You made me like this," my old partner hissed. "You let that fake Nurse Joy manipulate Minerva and drug me up during the process."

It only took me until now how much damage Domino had done to the hospital and it's staff. I thought the death of the unborn phione was end of it, but I was wrong. There were probably things that I could have done to avoid all of this, but I can't think why.

"Don't listen to him," Zelda cried out as she surrounded me with a barrier. "He's trying to play mind games with you. Don't fall for them."

"Silence you little flower. How about some foul play! I will use your own power against you." Spiritomb charged at full speed at Zelda and tossed her about the street until she landed on top of a taxi car. Zelda got up with ease and made her way in front of me. Spiritomb opened his mouth and held his hands on either side of his face, shrieking as he knew he had failed to defeat Zelda.

"Your dark stab moves won't hurt me," Zelda announced as stars waved across her. She wished for her health back, and all her scratches has disappeared.

"In that case I shall have to show you my true form!"

The missingno vanished. I couldn't accept it as anything other than Spiritomb. The talented nurse who was on the verge of a disastrous breakdown. The ground began to rumble and emerging from the shadows of the gates was Spiritomb, he was back, and bigger than ever. But instead of his purple scheme he was a shiny aqua blue. He was worlds away from the cheeky nurse I used to know. He looked like a true menace, like the ones that haunt your dreams at night.

"BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Behind that wicked laugh was the presence of a frail and tortured soul that needed to be saved.

Last edited:

ChloboShoka

Writer
Farewell

"I will kill you!" Spiritomb hissed. I wasn't sure who he was directing it to, but he was trying to wreck everything in his path. Everyone was advised to evacuate the town, but I knew I just had to stay. If I can't return Spiritomb back to his senses then no one can. Spiritomb tried to throw some shadow balls at me, but I didn't understand why. All I could do was shrug them off because I am immune to ghost-type moves. So whenever Spiritomb would use a ghost-type move, I would be there to take it so there was no damage done.

"SERENA! WHERE ARE YOU?" I heard a woman's cry on top of the sound of stomping. There was a woman riding a rhyhorn. The rhyhorn must have been a racer holding a choice scarf because there is no way a pokemon with low base speed could charge that fast. When the woman rode past me, I turned my attention away from Spiritomb and over to the woman.

I gasped. A mixture of nostalgia and painful memories hit me. Was it who I thought it was. Was the girl I saw skating, her daughter? There was only one way to find out. "Grace?" I called out. Grace was the name of my trainer. We were forced apart after her drug scandal and I was forced to work with Team Rocket.

"Matron?" The woman responded. It was her. For the first time in so many years. "AGH!"

Spiritomb's shadow crept below Grace's Rhyhorn and shook Grace off. Her forehead banged against the pavement and she landed in a twisted position. I rolled over to help her. Rhyhorn was fine, as had really good physical defence and shadow sneak had a low base power which didn't make use of Spiritomb's new found power.

"Grace!" I said. "Are you all right?"

"I think so," Grace murmmered.

"Out of my way you filthy scumbag!" Spiritomb cackled as he threw blue flames of will-o-wisp around intending to burn anything he can find. One of the flames hit Grace and she screamed. Blood oozed from her face as I used aromatherapy to return her back her normal state. I left her where she was as Rhyhorn came back to defend her.

"Stop it Spiritomb!" I yelled. "You're hurting my trainer and everyone else."

Spiritomb floated around the pokemon centre as he stopped to take one look at me and laughed. "I thought you hated your trainer and wanted nothing to do with her. Now I know why, she humps filthy rocks."

"All types balance each other out," I explained. "Some are more common than others, but we are all equal. You can't do this to yourself and this town. You worked so hard to get to where you are. Remember all all those patients we saved."

"It means nothing!" Spiritomb roared. "I've been trying to destroy the hacked syndrome for years only to find that I have them inside me." His body slopped to one side and ran down to the floor like water.

Mrs. Swanna was paralyzed from the beak down. Despite her best efforts she couldn't land an attack on Spiritomb. Zelda had been using a calm mind to boost both of her special stats. Using her physchic powers she levitated Mrs. Swanna to the pokemon centre where she could be quickly healed from her paralysis. Good idea, I thought.

"You're not gonna like what I'm going to do," Zelda confessed. "But I have to do it. Spiritomb is dangerous. He is the worst hack I have ever come across."

"How dare you," Spiritomb yelled. Spiritomb huffed and with all of his might blew to Zelda one of the biggest shadow balls anyone could have seen. It didn't even leave a scratch on Zelda. I knew what was coming and when Florges waved her arms and created a giant pink ball that resembled a moon I was right. Before I knew it, Spiritomb smacked in the face with a moon blast.

It was the most horrific scream I had ever heard. It was a one hit knockout and he was back to being his regular self again. Poor Spiritomb was battered and bruised and his purple skin peeled. I could see the bad eggs exploding from him. He gasped for breath and heaved. Mrs. Swanna, Zelda and I gathered around him as fast as we could.

"Spiritomb..." I held onto his hand.

"There's nothing you can do," Spiritomb croaked. Black blood dribbling on his mouth. "This is where I have to say goodbye."

"You mean..." Mrs. Swanna lowered her head and buried it under her wing. "You're going to die."

"I'm sorry." Spiritomb coughed. "Domino had made a concoction of illlegal drugs. When consumed it would turn any pokemon into a killing machine. She made gallons of it. I couldn't stand there and let her make any more so I burned the recipe and when she was arrested, I drank every last drop of her concoction."

"Is that how you became hacked?" I asked.

"No," Spiritomb grumbled. "I was born with it. I had thirty-one individual values in every stat. I couldn't save that phione, but I was determined to save you all." His eyes steered towards me. "Especially you... Matron. You cared for me as if you were my sister or maybe something more. Please keep an eye out on my daughters for me. Let them know that I love them all. "

As I watched Spiritomb crumble to nothing, I had learned that even ghost-types had to die at some point. I had never seen a ghost-type patient die so it was a bone chilling experience to me. My eyes felt heavy and I just couldn't move even if I wanted to. Why did it all have to come to this? I had so many questions that I knew I would never find an answer to.

The training had to be cancelled and was to be rescheduled for following month. Zelda and Mrs. Swanna returned to Sinnoh. I decided that I would stay and catch up with Grace for just one night. I rang Minerva up to tell her the news. She was devastated of course, but I had a feeling that she would be a lot closer to Little Wit and Lavender from now on.

It was horrible to lose Spiritomb the way we did, but we've got to carry on. Come tomorrow I will be back to work as usual doing what I do best: saving lives.

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
The moral of the finale:

a. The ones no type super effective combo of Ghost / Dark is finally defeated by the advent of Fairy Types.
b. Florges can own the floor so good with a Calm Mind Set.

I feel bad for the brother/sister relationship between Matron and Spiritomb. I'm not sure who's older, maybe spiritomb's older than her. But the ending is an adoring finale for the first fanfic featuring the loveable Blissey I've ever read. i just wonder why I'm thinking of a future fanfic representing her in a Poke-version of Lifetime's new series named Resurrection?

May the old geezer Spiritomb rest in peace.

ChloboShoka

Writer
The moral of the finale:

a. The ones no type super effective combo of Ghost / Dark is finally defeated by the advent of Fairy Types.
b. Florges can own the floor so good with a Calm Mind Set.

I feel bad for the brother/sister relationship between Matron and Spiritomb. I'm not sure who's older, maybe spiritomb's older than her. But the ending is an adoring finale for the first fanfic featuring the loveable Blissey I've ever read. i just wonder why I'm thinking of a future fanfic representing her in a Poke-version of Lifetime's new series named Resurrection?

May the old geezer Spiritomb rest in peace.

Florges is an awesome pokemon to use in battle. Love her very much. Thanks for your comment and yes poor Spiritomb. :/ I will miss writing about him and Matron.