1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Cartoon Network Aquire Rights to Season 9. 52 Episodes to air this fall

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by Serebii, Jun 15, 2006.

1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

Thanks to BulbaNews for the heads up

It would appear that Cartoon Network finally obtained the rights to Season 9, which is being dubbed by Pokémon USA and Taj. They're calling it Pokémon Battle Frontier. However according to the New York Post, only 22 episodes are to be aired. This will take it up to Episode 444: Decisive Game! May VS Brock!

Unknown is when the other episodes will air

2. frodo

frodo Cascade Trainer

eine frage für deutsche leute , gibt es deutsche cartoon network in unser land ?wenn ya , schaut er neu folge von pokemon ?
    a question for german people , is there a german cartoon network in our country ? if yes , does it show new episodes of pokemon ?

3. Korobooshi Kojiro

Korobooshi Kojiro Funnnngaaaaa

Well, if it is on Miguzi, they will probably air the first 22, take a break reshow all the episodes, and then new ones.

4. Kabuto

Kabuto little punks!

No need to speak German here everyone speaks English except a few people who use Japanese terms.

I'm glad they finally picked it up. I predicted it to happen, seeing how Chronicles and Advanced Challenge air. Now I'm curious if this'll be on Toonami or Miguzi.

5. Shift

Shift I'll learn you good!

Glad to see they're at least using the original season subtitle. It also seems as though they're coming really close to getting the episodes in line with where the BF theme song ended, they're just off by 2 if I'm not mistaken. Hopefully this means they're vying to use the original themes this time. (Giving silent huzzah.)

6. TeddiUrsa

TeddiUrsa Well-Known Member

why don´t you wait till RTL2 shows the new episodes? ( which will happen in autum as usuall)

We don´t have the first harley episode yet,why would you want to see something early BF?

7. Juputoru

Juputoru M-m-m-m-onobear?!

Here's a big lawl to everyone who thought that the new eps wouldn't air on CN.

Battle Frontier, eh? It makes sense, and we get rid of the "advanced" part of the name at long last. 8D (Hey, the 3rd gen is on its way out, so it's not really "advanced" anymore...)

8. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

So we went from 52 episode seasons to 22 episode seasons?

Wow, what crap. If we only get 22 episodes a year, we're going to be WAY behind the Japanese episodes, where now we're only about a year behind. Once again, PUSA manages to screw up.

9. Shift

Look, here's the thing: from where the 4Kids dub is ending, there are approximately 22 episodes before the use of the Spurt opening in Japan starts, give or take a few. I think that they're just trying to bring the eps in line that way so it will be more acurate to how the seasons are playing out in Japan, which is a very noble and ambitious thing to do. I suppose another part of it would be to see how the show does.

10. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

And if we only get 22 episodes a year, the D/P saga is going to start WAAAAAY after the D/P games come out in the U.S.

4kids and KidsWb was able to get us 52 episodes a year, keeping us roughly 1 year behind where Japan is up to, but now PUSA and CN are only giving us 22 episodes a year.

I find this to be crap, especially when CN aquires like 65 episodes of DBZ and airs them all in a row, so why can't they do the same thing here?

I was afraid something like this would happen, and people complain about the reruns and where we were in regards to Japan before? HA! Now coupled with horrible voice acting, we only get 22 eps a year. Complete garbage.

11. I'm assuming they'll continue on after the Decisive Game ep. because CN, at least in North America, has been showing a lot of Pokelove recently with the AG re-runs on Miguzi, and Chronicles on Toonami.

12. Shift

Cyber, listen. I highly doubt that CN will only keep buying Pokemon in 22-ep bunches, because that's a highly iregular number for a show. Normally it would have just rounded out to 26, but like I've said, I think this has to do with PUSA setting the show up into seasons like the Japanese have it, since the majority of the 22 episodes use the BF opening, and the ones after those use the Spurt opening. I'm sure that once that's out of the way, CN will buy the next season with 52 episodes.

13. Neko Godot

Neko Godot Hey! Listen!

I don't think you understand. Networks don't buy a complete season first. They see how good it does, and then they pick it up for a full season if they want to keep it.

14. Golden Darkness

Golden Darkness Spikeshell Trainer

15. Korobooshi Kojiro

Korobooshi Kojiro Funnnngaaaaa

And if it's on Miguzi, we will most likely be closer to the japanese considering they usally show like 7 or so episodes straight.

16. Shift

Yeah, but they also don't say anything contradicting that number, either.

17. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

Well its not even half a season. Pokemon seasons are 52 episodes, they could have at least purchased 26 of them.

18. Shift

If you want my explanation, scroll up to my first and second messages, because I'm not repeating myself again.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2006
  19. pharaohguy530

pharaohguy530 The one and only.

How about being happy? They are going to show some of the episodes. Stop whinning and calm down. I for one, am happy that they are going to show them, since I want to see more of the battle frontier. But thats just me.

20. kaibachaoschampion

kaibachaoschampion Feather Trainer

Let the boycotting begin!