• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cartoon Network Aquire Rights to Season 9. 52 Episodes to air this fall

The Phantom Thief

Well, I'm not really surprised that CN has acquired rights for Season 9. With Advanced Challenge airing on Miguzi and Chronicles airing on Toonami, it was really just a matter of time before they got it, IMO. If its on Toonami, maybe we'll get the English versions for some of the Japanese endings.

Shift

I'll learn you good!
pharaohguy530 said:
How about being happy? They are going to show some of the episodes. Stop whinning and calm down. I for one, am happy that they are going to show them, since I want to see more of the battle frontier. But thats just me.
Same here. I'm happy that they're apparently trying to be more faithful to the original Japanese version, using Battle Frontier as the subtitle and ending around where the Spurt opening is issued.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Doesn't really matter, if the voice acting is still atrocious then it'll be a crappy dub, no matter how faithful it is to the original.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
kaibachaoschampion said:
Let the boycotting begin!
Let the SOVA pricks spam up this thread.[/sarcasm]

I'm with Shift. They're trying to allign the seasons. If you actually watch what CN does, they go by the Japanese Seasons (why Master Quest Ended at "Address Unown".) So the Spurt season will probably start some time in April (when the Japanese openings change). And I do hope this means they'll use the Japanese opening instead of trying to do something in English and mashing openings together like 4Kids did.

The voice acting wasn't "atrocious". And the one that most people are b*tching about (Ash) was replaced.

Last edited:

Shift

I'll learn you good!
For the record, I felt the special voice actiong wasn't as much atrcious as it was different and rushed. They're apparently working harder on it right now, so I have high hopes for the show.
The Big Al said:
Let the SOVA pricks spam up this thread.[/sarcasm]

I'm with Shift. They're trying to allign the seasons. If you actually watch what CN does, they go by the Japanese Seasons (why Master Quest Ended at "Address Unown".) So the Spurt season will probably start some time in April (when the Japanese openings change). And I do hope this means they'll use the Japanese opening instead of trying to do something in English and mashing openings together like 4Kids did.
My sentiments exactly.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
The Big Al said:

And hopefully we'll get the endings too.

*prays for May's theme to be dubbed*

Kabuto

little punks!
Doubt we'll get opening and ending themes. If we're lucky we'll get the Japanese music but not the Japanese song lyrics.

XanthianCaprie

Cascade Trainer
Hey all -- update from your resident NYC person -- The Post ran a correction today (sorry, I was reading this forum this morning and I thought you all were referring to today's paper, so picked it up on the way to work) that there will be 52 episodes airing. Think about it - Chronicles was 22 episodes, something probably just got lost in translation. The main release I saw on Yahoo doesn't mention anything about episode numbers, though. If I can figure out how to scan the correction in later, I will. It reads "Pokemon: Battle Frontier on Cartoon Network will comprise [of] 52 episodes."

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060615/nyth024.html?.v=53

edit:

Here's a link to the correction -- look at the bottom of the "Starr Report" (yes, I forgot most this stuff is online, too)

http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/starr_report_entertainment_michael_starr.htm

Last edited:

Shift

I'll learn you good!
XanthianCaprie said:
Hey all -- update from your resident NYC person -- The Post ran a correction today (sorry, I was reading this forum this morning and I thought you all were referring to today's paper, so picked it up on the way to work) that there will be 52 episodes airing. Think about it - Chronicles was 22 episodes, something probably just got lost in translation. The main release I saw on Yahoo doesn't mention anything about episode numbers, though. If I can figure out how to scan the correction in later, I will. It reads "Pokemon: Battle Frontier on Cartoon Network will comprise [of] 52 episodes."

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060615/nyth024.html?.v=53
Oh, I see. Well, then I guess we'll just have to see how they handle it with 52. At least Cyber will be happy now.

Nathan Madien

Me on a Good Day
Shift said:
Oh, I see. Well, then I guess we'll just have to see how they handle it with 52. At least Cyber will be happy now.

I think it will be fine. The more episodes that PUSA has to take care of, the more chances the dub has to improve. Practice makes perfect, right?

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
They could have the Battle Frontier Theme and then go to Spurt for the rest of the arc. They're 52 episodes of of season 9 before we go into D&P, no two ways about that.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
But since 4kids already used some scenes of the BF opening in the Advanced Battle one, will PUSA just re-use that same animation again if they stick with the Japanese opening?

ultima keyblade

Eevee weakness
I just happy season 9 is gonna be on CN, so I really have nothing to complain about. 'Cept now I might have to make room on my TiVo.

CyberCubed said:

ditto.

Swellow

Spider Sceptile
Thanks for the Awesome News, even though for reasons out of my control unless i buy the DVD's i won't be able to see anymore Pokemon come September or so.
As for the May Song, I don't want it being shown every ep if any.

Nathan Madien

Me on a Good Day
CyberCubed said:
And hopefully we'll get the endings too.

I think it's rather ironic that after the whole "May's PUSA voice is terrible" talk two months ago, people are now going "We want PUSA to dub May's theme".

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Sigh...........

EDIT: Oh, didn't see the correction at first. So where will we end up 52 episodes in from Midnight Duel! Psychic Vs. Ghost!! anyway? (prays to get Anabel sooner rather than later....)