• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cartoon Network Aquire Rights to Season 9. 52 Episodes to air this fall

PokemonTrainerLisa

Veronica Taylor fan
Yeah, I guess that's true. ^^o

But, I just really wish they could've gotten Veronica, because I LOVE her Ash voice. (I know that she will only work on the show again if the other VAs also get to return) It fits Ash's personality and character perfectly. There's absolutely no one in the world who could do a better job on that than her.

EDIT: And by the way, I'm just wondering though, but wouldn't it be really hard for them to actually find a good VA for Ash, considering the fact that he's the main character?

I mean, maybe it's just because of the fact that I don't know much about voice acting or anything. But I think it would seem hard for someone to do the voice of a main character, who not only has most of the lines in the episodes, but is also the person who most of the episodes are centering on as well.

And to put it more simply, the VA who does Ash has to give it everything they've got to find the right voice for Ash. So that way it will fit his personality and everything. And in a sense, they have to become Ash.

Although, there is one problem with that. And it's the fact that no matter how hard they try they will never be able to become Ash, because in my opinion Veronica Taylor is Ash and she always will be.

Last edited:

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
PokemonTrainerLisa said:
But, I just really wish they could've gotten Veronica, because I LOVE her Ash voice. (I know that she will only work on the show again if the other VAs also get to return) It fits Ash's personality and character perfectly. There's absolutely no one in the world who could do a better job on that than her.
Actually, no, it doesn't. Satoshi isn't nearly as wishy-washy as Veronica makes Ash. You're basing your definition of Ash on the flawed 4Kids dub. There are many VA's that could do Ash better and make him sound more like his Japanese version.
Although, there is one problem with that. And it's the fact that no matter how hard they try they will never be able to become Ash, because in my opinion Veronica Taylor is Ash and she always will be.
Satoshi > Ash.

PokemonTrainerLisa

Veronica Taylor fan
Oh no, not this again......

Well, I guess it was to be expected. ^^o *sweatdrops*

The Big Al said:
Actually, no, it doesn't. Satoshi isn't nearly as wishy-washy as Veronica makes Ash. You're basing your definition of Ash on the flawed 4Kids dub. There are many VA's that could do Ash better and make him sound more like his Japanese version.
Um, actually The Big Al, I already know that Satoshi isn't like Ash......

Ash and Satoshi are basically like two different people (or at least that's how their VAs protray each of them).

I've seen enough of the Japanese version to know that much.

And that is exactly my point!

I think this is where I disagree with you the most.

I don't want Ash to sound just like Satoshi! If I wanted to hear Satoshi, I'd just watch the Japanese version.

And besides that, I'm someone who actually likes the fact that Ash is different from Satoshi. Ash is unique in the fact that his character is, in a number of ways, completely different from his Japanese counterpart. And the same thing can also be said about Satoshi. You see, with those differences between Ash and Satoshi, that kind of adds to the dubbed version and gives it more charm (or at least it does in my opinion).

However, if they actually make Ash sound just like Satoshi, that would take that bit of uniqueness away from him. And I would hate that (and heck, if they DO change his dub voice to be like his Japanese voice, why stop there? While they're at it, they might as well change his name to Satoshi in the dub! And that would be WAY overdoing it!).

The Big Al said:
Satoshi > Ash.
Yes, but in YOUR opinion though.

For me it's the other way around, and has always been.

Now, if I had been watching the raw Japanese version all this time, my opinion would probably be the same as your's.

But, of course the Japanese version doesn't air on TV, and I haven't been watching it since Pokemon first came out (like I have been doing with the dub).

Last edited:

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
The Big Al said:

Satoshi > Ash.

That sums it up pretty well. Ash is a pretty big wuss when compared to the effervescent, fiery Satoshi. Rica Matsumoto tops Veronica Taylor any day.

EDIT: Dang, PTL posted while I was typing...well, still, my opinion stands.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Here we go again, the same two flamers calling people idiots and trying to shove their opinions down the throat of everyone who liked the 4Kids dub. Why do the admins STILL let these blatant rulebreakers off easy?

I've a proposal to stop the fighting for now. When CN airs season 9, we use the Tucker episode as the test. If they dub him the same way he was in Japan, as a macho guy who just dresses weird to show off to his fangirls, I will (while not relinquishing my support for SOVA) admit that I was wrong and PUSA does know what they're doing.

BUT.

But if they dub him as an ultra-girly gay guy similar to Harley, I will expect all of you to admit YOU were wrong and that PUSA has no more of a clue than 4Kids did.

PokemonTrainerLisa

Veronica Taylor fan
Jesse GS the II said:
That sums it up pretty well. Ash is a pretty big wuss when compared to the effervescent, fiery Satoshi. Rica Matsumoto tops Veronica Taylor any day.
Wait, so are you saying that VT's Ash isn't brave, determined, or confident?

Well, as a matter of fact, the same qualities that I see in Ash, I also see in Satoshi. So, in my opinion, as far as their personality goes, they are not that different at all.

I think what I meant earlier when I said that Ash and Satoshi were different was just the fact that they're voices are different, and they are each protrayed in a different kind of way by their respective VAs. Anyway, I'm pretty sure that's what I was trying to say. I just couldn't word it correctly.

And by the way, I edited my earlier post to include that point.

Last edited:

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
PokemonTrainerLisa said:
Wait, so are you saying that VT's Ash isn't brave, determined, or confident?

Well, as a matter of fact, the same qualities that I see in Ash, I also see in Satoshi. So, in my opinion, as far as their personality goes, they are not that different at all.

I think what I meant earlier when I said that Ash and Satoshi were different was just the fact that they're voices are different, and they are each protrayed in a different kind of way by their respective VAs. Anyway, I'm pretty sure that's what I was trying to say. I just couldn't word it correctly.

And by the way, I edited my earlier post to include that point.

Hey, you got your opinion and I got mine. Heck, I grew up with the dub, and I still think that Satoshi's voice sounds better than Ash's.

And, Great Butler, how the hell am I flaming?

PokemonTrainerLisa

Veronica Taylor fan
Jesse GS the II said:
Hey, you got your opinion and I got mine. Heck, I grew up with the dub, and I still think that Satoshi's voice sounds better than Ash's.
Oh well, I guess it can't be helped. ^^o

It's probably just an Ash fangirl (or fanboy) thing, to prefer Ash's voice over Satoshi's voice. LOL. XD

Anyway, since I'm a huge Ash fangirl, I guess you could say I was just doing what comes naturally and defending Ash. XD

And yeah, you're right, Jesse GS the II.

Everyone has their own opinion, and I respect that. ^^

Last edited:

Hidden Mew

Fog Trainer
Well, I know that many people don't want others to judge the new voices by that one "special," but I have to side with people like kaibachaoschampion, PokemonTrainerLisa, and those still invovled in SOVA. Those voices just don't fit any of the characters. I'll still watch the show and see how the voices are. At least Ash won't remind me of Luffy from One Piece, hopefully. Of course, one wonders if it could sound just as bad or even worse, if that's even possible. I still think that the boycott, if it comes down to that, could be useful in the campaign. I know that many people are annoyed with the voices and the special coming up in this thread, but I wanted to say what I needed to since everyone else could too.

Back on topic, I am glad that CN did get season nine. At least now we don't have to worry if Pokemon would be shown at all. I still don't like the voices. Like many others have said, it seemed logicial since they're airing repeats of season seven and showing Pokemon Chronciles on Toonami. They probably wanted to test out the ratings for Pokemon on those different time spots. I think that it would be better if they put it on Toonami instead of Mugzi. Both would work, but Mugzi shows new episodes of their shows every weekday. That wouldn't be a bad thing, except that makes the whole season go faster and then it stops during spring when we have to wait like five months for new episodes instead of three or two. I think that's what happened with GX. Even though I don't like GX, that was the best example I could think of for this situation. I'm also glad that the season won't have "Advanced" in the title. I think it worked for the third generation of Pokemon, but not so much with the lastest generation. Besides that, Battle Frontier feels like a better title for this season.

halloweenghost

Lil Brother said:
I'm going to be outright flamed when I say I perferred Mastermind's Ash voice over Veronica's Ash voice, aren't I? ^^; It could use a little work like all the characters, but his new VA definetely sounds potentially perfert for the character.

we all have our opinions.. like I think May's newer voice is better,,.but thats just me..

anyone who flames over it..seriously,.. get a life. thats just low and sad..

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Back on topic. Will this be on Meguzi or Toonami? I'm hoping Toonami and the reruns to stay on Meguzi (kind of like the setup when WB had the weekday block).

PokemonTrainerLisa

Veronica Taylor fan
Lil Brother said:
I'm going to be outright flamed when I say I perferred Mastermind's Ash voice over Veronica's Ash voice, aren't I? ^^; It could use a little work like all the characters, but his new VA definetely sounds potentially perfert for the character.
No, it's okay, Lil Brother.

That's your opinion. And I'm not going to flame you just for stating your opinion. ^^

Of course, I've already posted my opinion on here, so everyone already knows what I think (basically, Veronica's Ash is the best voice, and that's my final say on this topic).

Flame Haze SnS

Yin-Yang
When I read the news on Pokemon.com, I think that CN will air all 52 episodes featuring Battle Frontier. It did not say where will it air on: Meguzi or Toonami.