• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cartoon Network Aquire Rights to Season 9. 52 Episodes to air this fall

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Thanks to BulbaNews for the heads up

It would appear that Cartoon Network finally obtained the rights to Season 9, which is being dubbed by Pokémon USA and Taj. They're calling it Pokémon Battle Frontier. However according to the New York Post, only 22 episodes are to be aired. This will take it up to Episode 444: Decisive Game! May VS Brock!

Unknown is when the other episodes will air

frodo

Cascade Trainer
eine frage für deutsche leute , gibt es deutsche cartoon network in unser land ?wenn ya , schaut er neu folge von pokemon ?
a question for german people , is there a german cartoon network in our country ? if yes , does it show new episodes of pokemon ?

Kabuto

little punks!
eine frage für deutsche leute , gibt es deutsche cartoon network in unser land ?wenn ya , schaut er neu folge von pokemon ?
a question for german people , is there a german cartoon network in our country ? if yes , does it show new episodes of pokemon ?

No need to speak German here everyone speaks English except a few people who use Japanese terms.

I'm glad they finally picked it up. I predicted it to happen, seeing how Chronicles and Advanced Challenge air. Now I'm curious if this'll be on Toonami or Miguzi.

Shift

I'll learn you good!
Glad to see they're at least using the original season subtitle. It also seems as though they're coming really close to getting the episodes in line with where the BF theme song ended, they're just off by 2 if I'm not mistaken. Hopefully this means they're vying to use the original themes this time. (Giving silent huzzah.)

TeddiUrsa

frodo said:

why don´t you wait till RTL2 shows the new episodes? ( which will happen in autum as usuall)

We don´t have the first harley episode yet,why would you want to see something early BF?

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Here's a big lawl to everyone who thought that the new eps wouldn't air on CN.

Battle Frontier, eh? It makes sense, and we get rid of the "advanced" part of the name at long last. 8D (Hey, the 3rd gen is on its way out, so it's not really "advanced" anymore...)

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
So we went from 52 episode seasons to 22 episode seasons?

Wow, what crap. If we only get 22 episodes a year, we're going to be WAY behind the Japanese episodes, where now we're only about a year behind. Once again, PUSA manages to screw up.

Shift

I'll learn you good!
CyberCubed said:
So we went from 52 episode seasons to 22 episode seasons?

If we only get 22 episodes a year, we're going to be WAY behind the Japanese episodes, where now we're only about a year behind. Once again, PUSA manages to screw up.
Look, here's the thing: from where the 4Kids dub is ending, there are approximately 22 episodes before the use of the Spurt opening in Japan starts, give or take a few. I think that they're just trying to bring the eps in line that way so it will be more acurate to how the seasons are playing out in Japan, which is a very noble and ambitious thing to do. I suppose another part of it would be to see how the show does.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
And if we only get 22 episodes a year, the D/P saga is going to start WAAAAAY after the D/P games come out in the U.S.

4kids and KidsWb was able to get us 52 episodes a year, keeping us roughly 1 year behind where Japan is up to, but now PUSA and CN are only giving us 22 episodes a year.

I find this to be crap, especially when CN aquires like 65 episodes of DBZ and airs them all in a row, so why can't they do the same thing here?

I was afraid something like this would happen, and people complain about the reruns and where we were in regards to Japan before? HA! Now coupled with horrible voice acting, we only get 22 eps a year. Complete garbage.

I'm assuming they'll continue on after the Decisive Game ep. because CN, at least in North America, has been showing a lot of Pokelove recently with the AG re-runs on Miguzi, and Chronicles on Toonami.

Shift

I'll learn you good!
Cyber, listen. I highly doubt that CN will only keep buying Pokemon in 22-ep bunches, because that's a highly iregular number for a show. Normally it would have just rounded out to 26, but like I've said, I think this has to do with PUSA setting the show up into seasons like the Japanese have it, since the majority of the 22 episodes use the BF opening, and the ones after those use the Spurt opening. I'm sure that once that's out of the way, CN will buy the next season with 52 episodes.

Neko Godot

Hey! Listen!
CyberCubed said:
And if we only get 22 episodes a year, the D/P saga is going to start WAAAAAY after the D/P games come out in the U.S.
I don't think you understand. Networks don't buy a complete season first. They see how good it does, and then they pick it up for a full season if they want to keep it.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
may lover said:
I don't think you understand. Networks don't buy a complete season first. They see how good it does, and then they pick it up for a full season if they want to keep it.

Well its not even half a season. Pokemon seasons are 52 episodes, they could have at least purchased 26 of them.

Shift

I'll learn you good!
CyberCubed said:
Well its not even half a season. Pokemon seasons are 52 episodes, they could have at least purchased 26 of them.
If you want my explanation, scroll up to my first and second messages, because I'm not repeating myself again.

Last edited:

pharaohguy530

The one and only.
How about being happy? They are going to show some of the episodes. Stop whinning and calm down. I for one, am happy that they are going to show them, since I want to see more of the battle frontier. But thats just me.