• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cartoon Network Aquire Rights to Season 9. 52 Episodes to air this fall

HoennMaster

My guess is they will air it like Yu-Gi-Oh! GX

PokemonTrainerLisa

Veronica Taylor fan
I just really hope they only air one new episode a week, and that it airs on Saturdays (or Sundays, if they can do that).

Because, if they air 5 new episodes a week, that means this season will go by really fast and then we'll be left with nothing but reruns for who knows how long. X_X

Well this is good news-Pokemon WILL have a home this fall. I guess I would like it to air in Toonami, but show reruns in Meguzi. I hope they spread the episodes out so that they show 1 a week. That way, we won't have to wait an eternity to see new episodes, a la GX.

As long as the New voices have improved, I really don't care anymore.

I pray that they use a subtitled version of Spurt!, although I doubt it will happen. :(

P

PikachuAdvanced

MidnightScott said:
Well this is America, they dont need to sound like there Japanese version.

~Scott;229;

No... but they DO need to sound GOOD.

T-T

~sigh~ It shall never be the same...

Last edited by a moderator:

Nathan Madien

Me on a Good Day
Lil Brother said:
I'm going to be outright flamed when I say I perferred Mastermind's Ash voice over Veronica's Ash voice, aren't I? ^^; It could use a little work like all the characters, but his new VA definetely sounds potentially perfert for the character.

I don't blame you for saying that. I like Ash's new voice, too.

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to watching CN this fall for PUSA's Pokemon: Battle Frontier, especially after having to watch 4Kids more-or-less blunder their way through Pokemon Chronicles.

Heracross said:
No, but some attempt to capture the character the original version was going for would be good.

If I'm not mistaken, when Sailor Moon got dubbed, the dubbers kept the opening Japanese song but just translated the lyrics into English. PUSA could do that as well, if possible.

Last edited:

Shigeru-kun

Property of Jesus
Shift said:
Say, I can't find any new info on Pokemon.com at all...
It should be under the news tab. Basically all it says is that the new season will air on cartoon network and with 52 episodes.

RomanMack

Johto Champion
How much you wanna bet that if these same new voices replaced the old voices, but it was still the 4Kids dub... These people who say the voices aren't bad will say "They're bad!".

*Sigh*... 4kids bais is all it is.

Lil Brother

Just kinda there.
Well yeah, but the situation would be different then, Roman Mack. Supposebly, the original VAs couldn't be in season nine due to contracts and if we believe PokeBeach, Veronica Taylor was offered a job as Ash but refused (but that's a topic for a different thread.) I can't think of any reason 4Kids would get rid of the current VAs but I know nothing of the business or dubbing company worlds. If they did have to replace the cast and it couldn't be avoided, however, I would give them the same chance I am now, minus all my exictement over 4Kids being gone.

Chris

Old Coot
FullMasta said:
Doesn't matter how many episodes they show. They can show 1 episode a year for all I care. I will never see PUSA's crap. They have let me down so many times that it's not even worth wasting my time. And so...I won't see it.
Let you down so many times? What? You only saw ONE special. Compare that to the amount of episodes, specials and movies 4Kids screwed around with.

HoennMaster said:
Yeah, but Dragonball Z has good new voice actors. Pokemon doens't. If CN did get 52 episodes, how many past "Aipom and the King" is that?
I LOL'd hard. Did you by chance completely miss Season 3 and how the VAs that the time attempted mimicking the previous cast and how badly they sounded? Notice how they improved? Good going.

Trust me, I don't think its possible for a new Ash voice to be worse than the one in the special.
So you're saying that if the VA for Sanji from the One Piece dub did Ash's voice, it'd be BETTER than the one from the recent special? Right-o.

The Great Butler said:
??!!

What in the WORLD is.......

What episode is that pic of the group on the beach with Scott from? I never, EVER wanted to see him in that kind of setting >_>
If memory serves me right, the Battle Arena episode. Though that's not a beach. They simply have their shoes off in respect to Japanese "tradition," if you will.

RomanMack said:
How much you wanna bet that if these same new voices replaced the old voices, but it was still the 4Kids dub... These people who say the voices aren't bad will say "They're bad!".

*Sigh*... 4kids bais is all it is.
Just like the same folks who saw "Legend of Thunder" after the Mastermind special and claimed it was GOOD, ammirite? We have our fair share of biased folks who're clinging to whatever they can to 4Kids to write off their dub being better.

And on that note, CUT THE *****ING OUT. THIS IS A DISCUSSION ON CN OBTAINING THE RIGHTS TO AIR THE EPISODES. NOT HOW IT WILL BE DUBBED.

RomanMack

Johto Champion
Edward Elric said:

Just like the same folks who saw "Legend of Thunder" after the Mastermind special and claimed it was GOOD, ammirite? We have our fair share of biased folks who're clinging to whatever they can to 4Kids to write off their dub being better.

And on that note, CUT THE *****ING OUT. THIS IS A DISCUSSION ON CN OBTAINING THE RIGHTS TO AIR THE EPISODES. NOT HOW IT WILL BE DUBBED.
Hmm... I don't know. Maybe because they ENJOYED it?

All this complaining is coming from change, anyways. Eventually.... We will stop complaining.

While you 4Kids haters... Naw... That'll be like trying to stop the ocean from making waves... Like I said, I GARRENTIE you if these same voices replaced the originals, but it was still the 4Kids dub... All you 4Kids bais people would be complaining with us... Perhaps even longer. 'Cause we get over things, 4Kids or not. While you guys... Well you don't.

Anyways, there you go.

To be on topic... I'm really hoping for this to be on Miguzi. Heck, I'll even grant it the 7:00pm slot on Toonami (even if I feel that Pokemon shouldn't really be on Toonami).

sdp

Pokemon Master
has
Akira Chiba's (CEO of PUI) comments been posted?

"We are immensely proud to be partnering with Cartoon Network and look forward to an exciting future based on a mutual goal -- providing the best animation for children," says Akira Chiba, President and CEO, Pokemon USA, Inc. "For us, Cartoon Network is a perfect fit because we want to be where the kids are and to give our fans what they want, which is Pokemon throughout the week."

you know this might be wrong but what if PUI translated all of the BF saga again? I think i'd like that. It seems like it could happen from the wording i've seen.

Last edited:

Chris

Old Coot
RomanMack said:
Hmm... I don't know. Maybe because they ENJOYED it?

All this complaining is coming from change, anyways. Eventually.... We will stop complaining.

While you 4Kids haters... Naw... That'll be like trying to stop the ocean from making waves... Like I said, I GARRENTIE you if these same voices replaced the originals, but it was still the 4Kids dub... All you 4Kids bais people would be complaining with us... Perhaps even longer. 'Cause we get over things, 4Kids or not. While you guys... Well you don't.

Anyways, there you go.

To be on topic... I'm really hoping for this to be on Miguzi. Heck, I'll even grant it the 7:00pm slot on Toonami (even if I feel that Pokemon shouldn't really be on Toonami).
Actually, the reason people comment on 4Kids is because of what 4Kids actually DOES. Not the fact that it's different voices. Completely different from what the supporters of 4Kids' VAs are doing. When comparing the actual product itself, Mastermind was handled better than Chronicles. At least Mastermind actually attempted a story, while LoT was rushed to get through the end while making tons of unnecessary changes and snippets. Let us not forget, 4Kids had several years to research and get their act together. TAJ Productions only had 3 weeks to get everything together.

While you guys... Well you don't.

Because it was on a constant basis with what 4Kids did. The Mastermind special came and went and you folks are STILL complaining, some even saying they won't watch the dub anymore over one special compared to the hundreds of episodes 4Kids has screwed around with.

In regards to where it's going, I don't think the time will be changing. Chances are that once Chronicles runs its course, Battle Frontier will take over from there.

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
I don't care what company dubs it, but I do care about the voices. That's all I'm saying. I've already decided I might watch the first few episodes. If I can't handle the voices by the last episode I watch then I will just stop watching and be done with it.

*Hopes for Translations of Japanese Music - Make A Wish was pretty good...*

Atleast I won't have to wake up early in the morning to watch Pokémon anymore :D

~Scott;229;

Chris

Old Coot
MidnightScott said:
I don't care what company dubs it, but I do care about the voices. That's all I'm saying. I've already decided I might watch the first few episodes. If I can't handle the voices by the last episode I watch then I will just stop watching and be done with it.
I hope you realize changes like that won't occur so quickly. o_O The folks have to get into their roles, which could take quite a bit. Note the difference between Veronica's Ash over the years, or Eric's Brock. As mentioned several times with Dragon Ball Z, the voice cast didn't get into their roles until the fourth season with their own voices rather than imitation. Season 9 of Pokemon will probably have the cast trying to balance out their own voices while trying to get into the roles.

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
Yes, I realize that it takes time. But if I can't handle the voices because I dislike them - even after 5 episodes or so, I probably wouldn't like them in the future just because they are different.

I just don't see why PUSA did that ~ they could've hired the Original VA's back - 4Kids VA's weren't stuck to a contract. Remember some of the VA's from 4Kids are now at TAJ...so I don't see why they can't go over to TAJ Productions.

But oh well - if they surprise us with the old voices I will **** my pants xD - j/k.

~Scott;229;

HoennMaster

Edward Elric said:
I LOL'd hard. Did you by chance completely miss Season 3 and how the VAs that the time attempted mimicking the previous cast and how badly they sounded? Notice how they improved? Good going.

I saw that season and they sound fine. I could care less because both sets of VA’s were good.

Lil Brother said:
Veronica Taylor was offered a job as Ash but refused

Actually, she didn’t Maddie confirmed that it was false info and Veronica was never asked to be in the new dub.