• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cartoon Network Aquire Rights to Season 9. 52 Episodes to air this fall

Kuroshi

Agreed, It will likely take Chronicles spot. Toonami is really the best place on the network for Pokémon.

Chris

Old Coot
Serebii said:
Chances are it will air where Pokemon Chronicles currentlyairs after chronicles finishes
Thank you for repeating what I said. :p

Kuroshi said:
Toonami is really the best place on the network for Pokémon.
Uh, it's not on Toonami in the US seeing as Toonami is only on Saturdays here. The weekday block during the daytime is Miguzi.

shinou

Yoshi King
You guys complain to much. That was 1 episode! have you heard ash on the season 1 first episode? It sucked!

Chris

Old Coot
shinou said:
You guys complain to much. That was 1 episode! have you heard ash on the season 1 first episode? It sucked!
Actually, it was better since it suited him more than he does with the female hormones. >_>

Nathan Madien

Me on a Good Day
Edward Elric said:
I hope you realize changes like that won't occur so quickly. o_O The folks have to get into their roles, which could take quite a bit. Note the difference between Veronica's Ash over the years, or Eric's Brock. As mentioned several times with Dragon Ball Z, the voice cast didn't get into their roles until the fourth season with their own voices rather than imitation. Season 9 of Pokemon will probably have the cast trying to balance out their own voices while trying to get into the roles.

In a nutshell, season 9 will be a restart with the new cast getting used to doing these voices just as original cast got used to doing their voices. It will be as if 4Kids had never dubbed Pokemon.

MidnightScott said:
*Hopes for Translations of Japanese Music - Make A Wish was pretty good...*

Yeah, it was. When the ninth movie gets dubbed, hopefully PUSA will take the time to do a proper ending song and not do what 4Kids did in a couple films, which was "let's cram the whole soundtrack into five minutes!"

I'm safe to assume that PUSA will eventually release season 9 on DVD, right?

Last edited:

Shift

I'll learn you good!
Nathan Madien said:
When the ninth movie gets dubbed, hopefully PUSA will take the time to do a proper ending song and not do what 4Kids did in a couple films, which was "let's cram the whole soundtrack into five minutes!"
Well, to be fair, that was only in the first 2 and the fifth movies. Otherwise, 4Kids used just one song for the credits, but for every one other than the sixth movie, they made their own songs for it.

RomanMack

Johto Champion
Edward Elric said:

Uh, it's not on Toonami in the US seeing as Toonami is only on Saturdays here. The weekday block during the daytime is Miguzi.
But, umm... As you said... It'll proboally replace Chronicles. And Chronicles is the first show on the Toonami lineup.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
The theory I have is the Battle Frontier will be Saturday evenings on Toonami and reruns will be on weekday afternoons on Meguzi.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
After, of course, they run through it a bit, like they did with Zatch Bell and One Piece. They ran through the first season on Toonami, and then put it on Miguzi.

Chris

Old Coot
RomanMack said:
But, umm... As you said... It'll proboally replace Chronicles. And Chronicles is the first show on the Toonami lineup.
T'was thinking about the regular show's airing at the same time. Though TBA has something there. Reruns may end up on the Miguzi run while Toonami airs the newer episodes.

Br26

wont make me watch it more..unless its on during that miguzi block in the afternoon..i mean i wanna sleep in on saturdays! :(

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Br26 said:
wont make me watch it more..unless its on during that miguzi block in the afternoon..i mean i wanna sleep in on saturdays! :(
It would most likely be on at 7 in the evening. I doubt your laziness would affect your viewing.

KuwabaraTheMan

Thunder Trainer
This is good news. Pokemon USA should put out a good dub, with using the original music. Maybe we could even be treated to the original opening and endings(that would be great).

And Toonami would be a great place for it. Its been over two years since I watched the dub(I can't get up that early on a Saturday, and weekdays at 5 I'm either at work or watching Around the Horn), but if it airs on Toonami I can finally get back into it.

And as mentioned, reruns could air on Miguzi. Or weekday evenings like Naruto's do.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Hopefully we get a good opening unlike the MS where all they did was flash the title at us, and I've given up on the whole VA mess cause if they don't improve, i'm gonna give up on the show completly and i would rather not do that.

Drew.

→ kill the n o i s e
In a nutshell, season 9 will be a restart with the new cast getting used to doing these voices just as original cast got used to doing their voices. It will be as if 4Kids had never dubbed Pokemon.

Thats...ugh. It'll be interesting to see, since we will have already seen part of season 9 done by 4Kids. XD ...but still...I hate the fact that they're changing the voices.

PokemonTrainerLisa

Veronica Taylor fan
Actually, Heracross, I think Drew. is most likely referring to the fact that, in the 4Kids dub right now, Ash is already at the Battle Frontier and he already has his first Symbol and is well on his way to the Battle Arena now.

And because of that happening, it does kinda seem like we're already in the 9th season, even though we aren't yet.

Anyway, hopefully, I didn't confuse anyone by saying that. XD

Last edited:

Br26

The Big Al said:
It would most likely be on at 7 in the evening. I doubt your laziness would affect your viewing.

you call it lazyness, i call it sleepytime!