• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cartoon Network Aquire Rights to Season 9. 52 Episodes to air this fall

PokemonTrainerLisa

Veronica Taylor fan
Heracross said:
Well yeah America is into the battle frontier saga, but it still isn't the ninth season yet. D:
I know that, of course.

But still, Heracross, there are some people on here who don't know that yet. And so they are probably very confused and don't know what's going on about which season the anime's in right now.

PokemonTrainerLisa

Veronica Taylor fan
Oh, okay.

I wasn't sure what you meant there. ^^o

SOS! Its Not Healthy..

He Say Whaaa...
Wow, awesome, its gonna be on Cartoon Network, and all 52 episodes. (yeah, always late) But now, gonna see what will happen, and hear the new voices. Something I wanna hear or not... *sigh...

PokemonTrainerLisa

Veronica Taylor fan
Well, don't forget, SOS! Its Not Healthy.., there's still the possibility that the SOVA campaign, which we've been working on for so long, will actually come through and we could get the VAs back for season 9.

And like I mentioned earlier, I don't care which company Pokemon is with (Pokemon USA or 4Kids), I just want all the VAs back on the show again.

I want more than anything for our wish to come true. And with a lot of letters and a lot of hope, maybe it can. ^^

Of course, all that everyone has been saying about season 9 so far is that it will most likely be with the new VAs. But, they are just assuming or speculating. And no one can predict the future, so for all we know they could be wrong about that.

Last edited:

SOS! Its Not Healthy..

He Say Whaaa...
^^ yeah true, I believe on anything that could happen and I would be so happy if the old voice actors came back like you. Right now, *a bit off topic* I'm rooting for my country's team to advance far in the World Cup, but they could pull something that surprisin' everyone, I bet we would get the Voice Actors back. Anythin is possible!

Wes

Iblis Wings
Well, don't forget, SOS! Its Not Healthy.., there's still the possibility that the SOVA campaign, which we've been working on for so long, will actually come through and we could get the VAs back for season 9.

You really think this will work egh?

Reguarding the news I say great. Now I know I can still watch Pokemon and hopefully at a better time for me and the others. Heh this year is getting better and better one way or another. Humph I just wonder how good the new dub will really be. Well good luck hopefully to the VA's... old and new with whatever they are doing right now.

Last edited:

PokemonTrainerLisa

Veronica Taylor fan
Wes said:
You really think this will work egh?
Of course, Wes!!

I am confident that our SOVA campaign will succeed in getting the VAs back for season 9.

And even if that doesn't happen, we could still try for a redub of season 9 (with the original VAs), or if that doesn't work, we could at least get the VAs back for season 10.

Surely, we shouldn't have a problem getting the VAs back for season 10. I mean, I see no reason why we wouldn't be able to get them back at that point.

However, it is season 9 that me and many other fans of the current dub are worried about. If, hypothetically speaking, the VAs for season 9 suck badly, then that could be very bad for the dub.

And those are the main reasons why we SOVA members are working so hard. We basically want to:

1. Get our favorite VAs back

2. Save the dub from possibly being really bad and having the worst Pokemon season ever (which could happen because we haven't heard the new VAs yet, since they're getting replaced or something).

Drew.

→ kill the n o i s e
In my opinon, we should all keep trying to get PUSA to pay the money for the old VA's. Even though if they do start dubbing season 9 with the new ones, that doesn't mean they can't ever take the old ones back...
At least thats the way I think of it.

Argh. >_< I was really hoping that this wouldn't happen. D: I guess I can't watch Pokemon on TV ever again... since I don't have cable TV. >___< That really was the only TV show I really got into... and now.. well, I'll be lucky to even see a glimpse of a new episode. -_-

I don't care about them changing the voice actors. At least you all can still watch Pokemon on TV now. >_>

leafblader

Marsh Trainer
Why are you so confident about this? How far can writting letters go although I don't now you may be doing something else.

RandomCharizard

The SOVA Campaign is a LOST CAUSE, you will NEVER succeed. And if you want to keep cheering it on for whatever crazy reason you have then do it somewhere else because the fact this is being reported means PUSA has ALREADY STARTED DUBBING.
So either shut the hell up, or get the f*ck out. Jesus christ -___-.
Oh and PTL, don't go on and start saying "But we can still try! We might prevail!" or any of that peppy crap because fact is, you CAN try but you will NOT prevail. Oh and Redubbing Season 9? Season 10? Hillarious! Man that's great sarcasm.

On the other note,

As everyone has already said it(Yay repetiveness!), Pokemon will most likely take Chronicle's spot and reruns on Miguzi after they run through the first season. This I hope because I always like to watch the episodes twice and seeing it with the Original Music, and maybe even the openings and endings it'll be twice as fun!

Nathan Madien

Me on a Good Day
PokemonTrainerLisa said:
Of course, Wes!!

I am confident that our SOVA campaign will succeed in getting the VAs back for season 9.

And even if that doesn't happen, we could still try for a redub of season 9 (with the original VAs), or if that doesn't work, we could at least get the VAs back for season 10.

Surely, we shouldn't have a problem getting the VAs back for season 10. I mean, I see no reason why we wouldn't be able to get them back at that point.

However, it is season 9 that me and many other fans of the current dub are worried about. If, hypothetically speaking, the VAs for season 9 suck badly, then that could be very bad for the dub.

And those are the main reasons why we SOVA members are working so hard. We basically want to:

1. Get our favorite VAs back

2. Save the dub from possibly being really bad and having the worst Pokemon season ever (which could happen because we haven't heard the new VAs yet, since they're getting replaced or something).

Or if SOVA completely fails, you could watch season 9 with the Mute function on. That way, you wouldn't have to hear how "bad" the dub will be (like it wasn't bad enough during 4Kids tenure).

Last edited:

Chris

Old Coot
If FUNimation didn't go with using the original background music or better voice cast for Dragon Ball Z from all the petitions and demands made by fans, Pokemon has no chance in hell of having a petition work to get the old cast back.

And it's especially a lost cause when dubbing is already occuring. I hope some of you folks realize that when production has started, it means that money is already being spent and cannot be stopped because fans want it to. The only way it'd be possible is if the fan outburst is as big as say that of Loonatics. But even then, they only got the show redesigned, rather than pulled.

I'm rather interested in seeing how the dub goes. Without 4Kids around and a new cast, you'd figure some people would be intrigued to see how this develops. Reminds me of when the dub actually first started all those years ago.

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
Well I don't care about all this SOVA crap, I accept the fact that the voices have changed and I'm gonna embrace the new season. I'm hoping for them making some great stuff, because the Battle Frontier had some ownage scenes-refer to my sig for one

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Its just a shame that its going to take them an entire season to settle into their roles. Even worse during the BF saga, because this arc is one of the best damn seasons in the entire series.

I imagine we won't hear "good" performances until the D/P saga starts, cause by then they'll have their roles.

Battle Frontier will be maybe a "slightly" better version of DBZ Season 3 voice actor wise, (not talking about edits or music or anything else, just the voices). Shame that one of the best arcs in the show is getting tarnished.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
They could learn faster in the DBZ crew. Though it was Kahn and Nintendo who decided PUSA and TAJ would be taking over. I guess the blame can go to the big cheeses who didn't spend ten seconds to wonder how this kind of a shake up would effect the show. But anything but 4Kids is an improvement imo.