• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cartoon Network - MOAR LIVE-ACTION LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archimedes

Not Dead Yet
Last edited:

Josiah

is your favorite
How dare they! They should change their name to Television Network those grubby turncoat *******s!

Alzatia

More ****king live action?! Ytf don't just change the channel's name already. It's nothing more than a joke now, trying to copy Nick and Disney and pathetically failing. CN used to play on it's own terms and arena when it focused solely on animation. Now that they want to "beat" Nick and Disney they've strayed to far from their roots, from what that channel set out to do 15 years ago, be the number 1 ANIMATION network.

BCVM22

Logical sequence:

- Cartoon Network gets its ad revenue when its target demographics watch their programming
- The target demographics are clearly eating up what they're showing
- Cartoon Network will therefore show more, because most cable networks like ad revenue. Money helps run things.

If you're posting here, you're on the upper edge of or completely outside of that target demographic. Ergo, for lack of a softer term, Cartoon Network simply doesn't care what you think; the age bracket that makes them their money is making them their money. If you don't like their programming, that's fine. Take your viewership elsewhere. As long as kids in of the target ages are still watching, it's all good.

You may not like it, but that's the reality. The end. No arguing.

Archimedes

Not Dead Yet
In all honesty, the reason I post this is because the idea of a channel called CARTOON NETWORK showing LIVE-ACTION is shattering my goddamn mind.

BCVM22

Cartoon Network aired The Banana Splits for years, which was at least 50% live-action segments. Funny how that didn't cause anyone to, dare I say, go bananas?

Thriller

Its almost time
"Buhu, cn kiips aring noncatoons!"

I'm all for this and I always have been. I wouldn't be suprised if a name change of the network is in its near future, that way these kids will stop complaining.

Rave

Banned
Might as well call it the kids network or something...

Unless reality as of today has been considered a cartoon.

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
Might as well call it the kids network or something...

I guess that works. I mean, to the company, it is more "please the kids" now than "show cartoons". Live action has been around on the channel for ages, so I suppose that it doesn't matter whether or not they choose to add more. As long as it "pleases the kids".

In all honesty, the reason I post this is because the idea of a channel called CARTOON NETWORK showing LIVE-ACTION is shattering my goddamn mind.

Well, they only cater to children. Thus, they will continue to shatter your mind at the children's pleas.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
The next thing you'll know is that they'll try to make some show to match up with the Hannah Montana crap.
Only the'll need Micheal Jakson's Son.

Dusk

Dawn
*Sigh* like we need more Hannah Montana, Zoey 101 and Cory in the House

CARTOON SCHOOL MUSICAL!!!!! LULZ@!

Rave

Banned

Don't ever, joke like that.

Alzatia

If you're posting here, you're on the upper edge of or completely outside of that target demographic. Ergo, for lack of a softer term, Cartoon Network simply doesn't care what you think; the age bracket that makes them their money is making them their money. If you don't like their programming, that's fine. Take your viewership elsewhere. As long as kids in of the target ages are still watching, it's all good.

You may not like it, but that's the reality. The end. No arguing.

But the problem is, when the channel started it didn't have one sole target demographic. It aimed to please kids, aswell as animation lovers. Cartoon Network didn't even play in the same arena as DC and Nick, but since they prefer money over quality they just wanna copy those brainwashing mechas.

And what kids want to watch? Don't kids decide what they want to watch because of TV somehow delivers it? Then from one show of a certaint topic more pop up, thats what CN is doing, copying Nick and Disney because these two have set the standard of what "kids must like" this days. o_O; That's why I say..brainwashing mechas..

Well...they are working on an ICarly rip-off...

Cipher

Nothing to be done
OMG!1!! HoW CAN CARTooN NETWORK SHoW LAIVE ACTION!?!11one! ITZ CALLED "CarTOON NETWORK!"

And sometimes the History Channel shows documentaries about modern times. Is it that goddamn mindblowing that a channel airs programming that makes money? You all have Adult Swim and Toonami, anyway.

Thriller

Its almost time
So guess what, Goosebumps is on my Tv now and I'm enjoying it.

Gotta support it as much as I could :D

Also, Cartoon Reality Network? Last I checked, Survivor, the Bachelor and the Amazing Race weren't on this channel...

Status
Not open for further replies.