• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cartoons that are way more popular than you think they should be

Have you ever seen or heard of a cartoon that people love and it has such a huge fanbase and a lot of people watch it but when you watched the exact same show, you couldn't get into and don't understand why it is as popular as it is? You can choose any cartoon you want. It could be one that's airing now or one that has been off the air for years. You don't have to think said cartoon is terrible but I want you to choose a cartoon that has so many fans and you can't understand why.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
inb4mlp

Spongebob.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Have you ever seen or heard of a cartoon that people love and it has such a huge fanbase and a lot of people watch it but when you watched the exact same show, you couldn't get into and don't understand why it is as popular as it is? You can choose any cartoon you want. It could be one that's airing now or one that has been off the air for years. You don't have to think said cartoon is terrible but I want you to choose a cartoon that has so many fans and you can't understand why.
Reminded me of a thread I started a few months ago. With that thread in mind, read the bottom line of my signature.

Right...also, stop stealing other people's lines (you know who I'm talking about, I just forgot their name).

Spongebob.
That's just with the little kids, it's an okay show for them and the only reason why so many older youths talk about it because it started during their childhood when the material was solid with a wide audience taken into consideration. In all honesty though, I can see its popularity with the little ones but no longer the older ones.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Regular Show and Adventure Time -_-.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Family Guy was good... up until 2006.
It was never good. MacFarlane's humour was repetitive and bland to begin with. Still can't believe he has produced multiple works which are still going on. Speaking of Family Guy, the Simpsons need to bite the dust, it's not funny anymore either. Groening's other work, Futurama, while still holding up with its newer episodes is also getting worse. Seriously Fox, make them kick the bucket. That said, I don't hear much from their fans.

sweetie

lovely love
Oh, and Invader Zim. It didn't SUCK, but I never understood why it was so popular.

But GIR is so randumz AND i got a GIR shirt at HOTTOPIC LMAOO!! xDDD

(Really, I never did either. I always assumed it was all the Invader Zim merchandise that Hot Topic shat out. I also do not own a GIR shirt)

Right...also, stop stealing other people's lines (you know who I'm talking about, I just forgot their name).

Yo. :cool:

-Nator-

It was never good. MacFarlane's humour was repetitive and bland to begin with. Still can't believe he has produced multiple works which are still going on. Speaking of Family Guy, the Simpsons need to bite the dust, it's not funny anymore either. Groening's other work, Futurama, while still holding up with its newer episodes is also getting worse. Seriously Fox, make them kick the bucket. That said, I don't hear much from their fans.
McFarlane was at least a little more creative in the early days of FG. I agree that his others works (like American Dad) just plain suck. Funny how they keep all these poor, unfunny programs on the air, yet, a show that was still fun and entertaining to watch like King of the Hill was taken off the air. I'm not even sure where that show stands as of now, 'cause it seems like they keep putting it off and on.

sweetie

lovely love
King of the Hill had its final run a long time ago. And Luanne's voice actress Brittany Murphy died shortly after.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
King of the Hill had its final run a long time ago. And Luanne's voice actress Brittany Murphy died shortly after.
How ironic. Oh well, King of the Hill had a good run and Beavis and Butthead are being brought back and there's always reruns.

Oh, and Invader Zim. It didn't SUCK, but I never understood why it was so popular.
Really? It was so good. Am I the only one here who doesn't know about this stuff? Guess it's because I'm more into Japanese media and oh boy, do I have a massive list of their cartoons.

Arvis

definitely Adventure time, and Gravity Falls. i'm not saying they are bad shows, just..overrated.
sorry if anyone doesn't agree with this, buts its my opinion.

*IZ*

They supposedly ended king of the hill to make room for the Cleveland show.