• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cartoony-like Pokemon

Praetor

Psephophthalmus artu
I think that hippo looks really cartoony.. uhm Hippopat ...Hippopapoo... Hippotatoe...

that Hippo Pokemon.
lol

Yea so I don't expect this thread to become huge, but recently I have noticed some pokemon look cartoony.

just recently noticed.........so im left wondering how pokemon wouldnt look cartoony

my solution: psychotropius drugs

Affirmative

STOP RESETTIN'!
On one of its cards, Slowpoke looks like he's from the Simpsons. Same goes for Koffing in RSE.

Last edited:

arcanine lover

Whee........ *thonk*
Butterfree springs to mind.

Profesco

gone gently
Heh heh... Just because all Pokemon were designed with pencil and paper doesn't make them all "cartoony." "Cartoony" means looking silly or having certain physical features exaggerated or understated so as to appear ridiculous. That's why Hippopotas is the first to come to mind. Likewise, Mewtwo doesn't fit the bill, among the hundreds of others, because while being an animation, it has a sense of verisimilitude about it.

Think of it this way: you can draw a portrait or a landscape without it looking like a cartoon.

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
Yes, I agree. Pinsir the giant brown stag beetle is quite obviously based on Panser the red fireball shooting flower. [img139]http://www.serebiiforums.com/images/icons/icon14.gif[/img139]

Yes, but I do believe Panser has giant claws/spike things coming out from its head, just like Pinsir.

mangaeyes

All of them seeing as Pokemon is a cartoon/Anime (same thing really but some people get stressy if you say something wrong...)

Affirmative

STOP RESETTIN'!
I think that hippo looks really cartoony.. uhm Hippopat ...Hippopapoo... Hippotatoe...

that Hippo Pokemon.

*puts quote in signature* XD...

Happiny looks cartoony.

Wiimote

Tao is Taokaka!
Giratina looks cartoony. It looks like it was drawn by a 4-year-old who likes batman and such.

GrassForStarter

Cascade Trainer
um, how is that obvious? There are lots of different kinds of cartoons.

English Speaking Forums. That means traditional English Cartoons. Why you might ask? Otherwise the question would be stupid which I doubt the OP is.

It's not that hard to associate you know... read the whole context and think for a while, maybe 30 seconds. Then it's obvious, trust me.