• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Case Closed (Detective Conan) Discussion.

Recon

Probably one of the longest running manga series ever, I felt that this relatively popular mystery manga should get a thread of its own, especially with all the possible discussion that can be generated from each mystery and the main plot of the story and theories.

I'll begin the discussion with a question with the current arc. Out of the current three suspects, who do you think is Bourbon? Because honestly, I don't really care too much about the actual murder right now.

I think it's Amuro. Sera's been knocked out and Subaru was seen with the lady with the black hat, who we know is the Black Organzation's enemy (My guess the lady is Jodie). The only person left is Amuro.

Ludger

スポック
I haven't been updated to the series yet. But sure I love it XD
I think it is not just long. It is really long

arceus03

I haven't been updated to the series yet. But sure I love it XD
I think it is not just long. It is really long

Word. lol. I don't really keep up with it on the net, I used to buy the chapters in volumes as they come out. And I don't have all the volumes either, so my knowledge of the whole plot and the characters are a bit off here and there. lol. Luckily we have a wiki for that for me to refer to

So, er, who is Subaru again? I know he's the person who lives at Shinichi's house, but has it been revealed that he's from the Black Organization?

SmartD

I have not read the manga version, but I have watched the anime version. It's pretty cool. Too bad Funimation only dubbed the first five seasons, they should dub more episodes.

Recon

So, er, who is Subaru again? I know he's the person who lives at Shinichi's house, but has it been revealed that he's from the Black Organization?

No, it STILL hasn't been revealed if he's with the Black Organization or not, but the current arc will reveal who is working with the Black Organization. I'm just hoping he isn't, cause he's just too awesome to be part of them

I have not read the manga version, but I have watched the anime version. It's pretty cool. Too bad Funimation only dubbed the first five seasons, they should dub more episodes.

The only thing about the anime that bugs me is the cases aren't in manga sequence. Like one case is earlier than another when it was actually much later.

Last edited:

arceus03

No, it STILL hasn't been revealed if he's with the Black Organization or not, but the current arc will reveal who is working with the Black Organization. I'm just hoping he isn't, cause he's just too awesome to be part of them

I see. The only thing with this manga is that since the cases are rarely linked with one another, you could pretty much start reading any chapter you want, so you kind of miss important little details sometimes, or lose track at all. I do that all the time, lol.

[spoil]Latest chapter was that where Subaru is seen with Vermouth, right?

... Then again, that could be Subaru, or any other Black Org member disguising as one >_>

Like that Jodie and Vermouth who wore Araide's mask once. It's so confusing XD[/spoil]

Recon

I see. The only thing with this manga is that since the cases are rarely linked with one another, you could pretty much start reading any chapter you want, so you kind of miss important little details sometimes, or lose track at all. I do that all the time, lol.

[spoil]Latest chapter was that where Subaru is seen with Vermouth, right?

... Then again, that could be Subaru, or any other Black Org member disguising as one >_>

Like that Jodie and Vermouth who wore Araide's mask once. It's so confusing XD[/spoil]

[spoil]No, last couple chapters revealed that Scar Akai was on the train as well, who Sera (The female detective) bumped into. It was then found out that Akai is Sera's brother by calling him Shuu-nii. Then, Scar Akai proceeds to knock Sera out with a stun-gun and puts her away somewhere. Then Akai, goes into another room in the train, and tries stealing a briefcase, who is then caught by the lady who was with Subaru on the train. Scar Akai is then revealed to be Vermouth in disguise. Plus, the lady calls Vermouth Sharon, so it's very likely to assume that this lady is Jodie and that Subaru is working with FBI and thus, not working with the Black Organization.

Phew, long spoiler is long.[/spoil]

arceus03

[spoil]No, last couple chapters revealed that Scar Akai was on the train as well, who Sera (The female detective) bumped into. It was then found out that Akai is Sera's brother by calling him Shuu-nii. Then, Scar Akai proceeds to knock Sera out with a stun-gun and puts her away somewhere. Then Akai, goes into another room in the train, and tries stealing a briefcase, who is then caught by the lady who was with Subaru on the train. Scar Akai is then revealed to be Vermouth in disguise. Plus, the lady calls Vermouth Sharon, so it's very likely to assume that this lady is Jodie and that Subaru is working with FBI and thus, not working with the Black Organization.

Phew, long spoiler is long.[/spoil]

Really... See, flipping between chapters really muddle my mind up XD

What is it with him and Haibara, anyway? One moment it seemed as if they were... idk, rivals? I swear I remember a scene where Haibara is afraid of him or it could have been my misinterpretation and she was afraid of someone else but then didn't Subaru said in some other chapter he promised "her" ("her" is unknown) that he wouldn't hurt Haibara or something like that?

Recon

Really... See, flipping between chapters really muddle my mind up XD

What is it with him and Haibara, anyway? One moment it seemed as if they were... idk, rivals? I swear I remember a scene where Haibara is afraid of him or it could have been my misinterpretation and she was afraid of someone else but then didn't Subaru said in some other chapter he promised "her" ("her" is unknown) that he wouldn't hurt Haibara or something like that?

Haibara was originally afraid of Subaru, thinking he was part of BO (Black Organization) when they first met. Eventually she got over that fear but was still suspicious of him. That message from before at the time was confusing as the other Bourbon suspects didn't enter the picture at the time.

EDIT:
I knew it! Bourbon was Amuro! Hah!

Last edited:

arceus03

Just so I get this straight,

[spoil]So Vermouth was disguised as Scar Akai, and what she meant by "that's what I want to hear" would be that Akai is really dead?
And all scenes before this where we've seen him, could that have been Vermouth all along?

Aaaaand it seems that Subaru is on their side after all? I think Yukiko meant him when she said a helping hand, no?

Vermouth is actually quite...thoughtful, now that you think of it. Maybe she's another CIA agent or something? lol

Ooooh, this is getting interesting. I wonder if Gosho plans to kill Haibara. It would be something new, but eh. She's managed to escape this 800 chapters, so yeah. :p [/spoil]

Last edited:

AmpharosFanatic

I'm not sure this thread even needs spoilers but whatever. I'm a Conan fan with a weird knowledge of the series. I own all the dubbed episodes of the series and have seen several random ones from later on. I've read portions of the manga too and everything from around Chapter 780 to now. I know the main players pretty well but names sometimes still leave me thinking "wait which one was that again?"

Anywho spoilers are out for the next chapter.
A rather anti-climactic end to the train arc but honestly I'm not sure what I was expecting. Okiya is slowly becoming one of my favorite characters, but I'll be kinda disappointed if he simply is Akai. Oh well, guess we'll see...

Last edited:

Recon

The author just pulled a MAJOR Deus Ex Machina out of his *** (Not sure if it is a Deus Ex Machina but it seems like it). Kaitou Kid even makes an appearance! This is a good arc, BO and KK found in a single arc, AMAZING, and also

Bourbon was disguised as Scar Akai for most of the time when Scar Akai appeared in the manga. However, Scar Akai has confirmed to be alive with this last chapter (Won't spoil too much here, just read the chapter)

SmartD

I have two questions:

What was the episode/chapter when Kaito Kid figures out Conan is Shinichi/Jimmy?

What was the episode/chapter when Anita/Ai was introduced?

arceus03

I have two questions:

What was the episode/chapter when Kaito Kid figures out Conan is Shinichi/Jimmy?

What was the episode/chapter when Anita/Ai was introduced?

1. He never did. At least, not so in the manga. He seemed to know that Conan is Shinichi in the movie though. (Reference).

2. Haibara was introduced in Vol. 18, Chapter 6.