• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Case of the K-9 Capers! (054)

Hooray4Homestar

Don't die, ketchup!
I loved the helium scene. I wish they'd put stuff like that in the diamond and pearl episodes...

Igottapoo

In my nightmares
lol I love the helium part :p It's what made this a very good episode.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
oh i remember this one the heliumpart was epic:D
those growlites were also funny to see these were one of my favorite moments back then.

Icefiyre

Banned
It's really weird that Team Rocket really controlled Officer Jenny's Growlithe easily by using a Stun Spore Powder and Sleep Powder on them. It's hard to deny that one of her Growlithe knew that Jenny wasn't the enemy and knew that it was Team Rocket controlling them. But I really loved the humor found here.

SteveAnime

Jenny Fan
wow that was my favorite Episode

Tadashi

kiss my greens
I liked this episode quite a bit. I loved seeing Ash & Pikachu try that obstacle course. The academy itself, with all the Growlithe, kinda made me want to be a part of it. I was like Ash, thinking it'd be cool to join, but the hard work would certainly wear me down.

Team Rocket was exceptionally clever this time around, using their helium gas and voice-modifying bullhorn. I applaud them for that. But in the end, the twerps always win.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I loved Officer Jenny's Growlithe, it was loyal to her.

7/10

NES

Flip me to the side!
Filler, but really fun one with that voice device thing the rockets had. Their plans(Team Rocket) have always been pretty ludicrous, but at least they were really original in some episodes of the first season, they didn't spam the claw thing that much.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
This episode was sort of bland because we'd seen Growlithe before, although with not as much detail as was seen in this episode. It was good to see an Officer Jenny receive some character development. however. I enjoyed Team Rocket's voice modifier quite a bit, a cool addition to this episode. Overall, a good Kanto Filler that was fresh and pretty dramatic near the end. 6/10.

Last edited:

G50

No longer posting
This was an ok episode. I really liked the helium part, and all the confusion involved. Glad to see the Growlithe realize who the real Jenny was. Other than that, not much else to like in the episode.

25/100

Aquarelle

Staff member
I found most of this episode to be quite forgettable, really. I did like seeing Growlither because I thought it was really cute. I also liked the end, where Jigglypiff was eyeing the megaphone on the ground.

I found it a little odd that they showed the gun at the beginning of the episode in the dub version. I would have thought that they would've edited it out or something.

Vernikova

Champion
I remember Team Rocket changing their voice using a megaphone thing so they could fool the Growlithe. I actually liked this episode since it was a pretty smart idea to use helium so the Growlithe wouldn't obey Officer Jenny and start obeying Team Rocket. Too bad the writers aren't this clever all of the time.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
This episode was so sweet. Team Rocket were actually quite smart in their attack this time lol. It was so cute when Growlithe slowly realised who Jenny was after he bit her. Seeing the puppy form of Growlithe in the flashback was so cute too! Good thing Team Rocket got what they deserved in the end.... Jenny must be pretty tough if a dog bite ended up in her smiling.

This episode really entertained me.

- Ash doing the exercises Pikachu had to do as well.
- Team Rocket changing their voices, giving Ash a highly pitched and very funny voice.
- Growlith remembering Jenny and listening to her, even though she had a high pitched voice as well.

The best moment was Brock picking up Team Rocket's megaphone, pretending to be Officer Jenny and saying that Jenny loves Brock.

Blessed

I LOVE this episode, LOL @ Ash wanting to be a cop. The training was very difficult and risky, but the way he was looking at Jenny's a s s though omg. Growlith remembering Jenny and listening to her, even though she had a high pitched voice as well was the highlight of the episode. Seeing Brock pretending to be Officer Jenny and saying that Jenny loves Brock slayed.

Last edited:

7threst

Team Rocket's appearance can be described by one abbreviation: ROFL

This episode was hilarious based on Team Rocket solely. For the rest did I enjoy Officer Jenny and the Growlith being under control by the voice manipulation speaker. xD

Lucille

Team Rocket's appearance can be described by one abbreviation: ROFL

This episode was hilarious based on Team Rocket solely. For the rest did I enjoy Officer Jenny and the Growlith being under control by the voice manipulation speaker. xD

TRio made this episode a classic haha