• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Case of the K-9 Capers! (054)

I loved when Pikachu continuously used Thunderbolt while his voice was high pitched. It was amazing. But, it was good to see Growlithe remember all the good times it and Jenny had together. Still weird that she still had those clothes on every day.

LizardonX

Banned
I loved the part at the end where Brock ended up with the voice changer, shame he doesn't use it anymore.

ArmadaUGS

Really fun vocies in this episode.
The best part was when Pikachu still could understand who Ash was (Growlith wasn't able at first at least). It is a great moment for Ash/Pikachu and I love it =)

It was hilarious when everyone's voices were all high-pitched. :)

I actually agree with Misty about how pathetic Brock was with voice changer at the end of the episode.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I was really surprised that the burglar guy from the beginning had an actual gun on him. Seeing an academy for training Growlithe wasn't as promising as I thought though. The species has always been bland in my view, but thankfully Team Rocket actually made it more interesting; I especially liked their plan to use Growlithe as thieves.

Gillachu

Banned
One of Kanto's few bad fillers for me. I just can't stand Jenny or Growlithe, and I didn't like the police academy setting. ;)

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Wow I was shocked when we saw the thief's gun cuz I didn't think 4kids would show that. The Growlithe police academy was cool and Jenny's flashback when Growlithe bit her fist was cute. :3

JudySpell

Banned
The TRio's voice modifiers were a smart idea even though the Growlithe squad should've recognized Jenny's face even with the voice issues. 6/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
The TRio's voice modifiers were a smart idea even though the Growlithe squad should've recognized Jenny's face even with the voice issues. 6/10

The Growlithes ignoring what Jenny looked like and simply listening to the fake Jenny voice's commands seemed odd to me too. That was kind of a big plot inconsistency hee hee.

My favorite scene was when TR used their voice changing gadgets and how they failed. Pikachu's voice sounded way off when he zapped the Growlithe.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Junsa leading a police academy that trained Guardie for criminal arrests was a very intriguing plot. The Rocket-dan made things even better when they showed up with their voice modifiers, although seeing Junsa's previously loyal Guardie crew almost turn on her was emotionally tough to handle.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I loved seeing Ash & Pikachu try that obstacle course. Team Rocket was exceptionally clever this time around, using their helium gas and voice-modifying bullhorn. I applaud them for that.

ZilverLox

Banned
The helium scene was hilarious! Pikachu using Thunderbolt in a high pitch voice was so funny! Aside from Ash and the chipmunks and I will add that was funny this episode at same time made me want to smack Ash for wanting Pikachu to be the best it can be not even realizing that their already the best team.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
at same time made me want to smack Ash for wanting Pikachu to be the best it can be not even realizing that their already the best team.

They weren't, though. They still had issues battling as a team even back in OS and they needed to be in-sync.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Dogasu reviewed the episode today and pointed out instances here where the dub eliminated music and kept things quiet, yet I swear that 4Kids had done this kind of thing before.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Dogasu reviewed the episode today and pointed out instances here where the dub eliminated music and kept things quiet, yet I swear that 4Kids had done this kind of thing before.

I only saw the dubbed Kanto saga episodes once, but I do remember 4Kids leaving moments of silence every so often when the English dub was still new. I guess that this Guardie episode was simply the first time that they swapped Japanese music for silence, though.

I don't understand the premise of the Growlithe academy tbh. Why did they even need a specialized school to learn the basics of stopping enemies.

Alloutℯ

Banned
What bugged me about this episode was how Jenny's Growlithe knew what she looked like, but they still fell for the TRio's voice modifier trap which made no sense.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I just realized that we saw a gun in the beginning of this episode, which 4Kids seemed to leave intact. That was refreshing, even if the whole criminal chase scene lacked any real danger since it was a drill.