• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Case of the K-9 Capers! (054)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Case of the K-9 Capers!

When Ash & Co see a group of Growlithe training against a Policeman posing as a robber, Ash decides for him and Pikachu to do the same training to get the best they can be. However when Team Rocket come to steal them, the Pokemon get mixed up. Can they be saved?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Two words: helium scene. No scene in Pokemon, to this day, has ever made me crack up, and keep laughing, as hard as the scene in which everyone is speaking in high voices. :D

Agreed! I loved Meowth's line about how he sounded like one of the Chipmunks!(He was probably more referring to Alvin and his brothers than the Rescue Rangers;))^_^ And Pikachu...His voice was so high and squeaky; you'd think there was an actual mouse around!:p(and the Growlithe sounded like cute puppies!-^_^-) Overall; a good proper debut for Growlithe and one of the funniest scenes in the animé make this 7/10.

F

Factory Head Noland

The helium scene was hilarious! Pikachu using Thunderbolt in a high pitch voice was so funny!
I liked it when Ash and Pikachu tried out the Growlithe training course.

H

Hales

I loved the helium scene too, but I also loved how Pikachu knew who was the real Ash... proves that Pikachu really is a special little guy.

Jessie and James were hilarious in this episode too!

Akane

The helium scene was so funny. I liked that part. Also when Ash and Pikachu did that obstacle course, lol. Jessie, James, Meowth were funny in this one.

Exact quote from the obstacle course:
Ash: Follow me Pikaaaa....chu. Waa! *falls down on his back* LOL!
Ash: Allright!
That was so funny when they went though that.

Shigeru-kun

Property of Jesus
I loved this episode XD The helium scene was great! I wished they had more of those in the show.

I also liked Purin (Jigglypuff)'s random appearence. XD What the heck was that for!? It just comes in and says like...two words and leaves. XD I totally quote Satoshi on that-
"Uhh...nice song Jigglypuff. o_o;;"

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
A really naff and unneeded episode followed by the funniest scene in history. It was wasted on this episode, really.

Shikamaru

Strawberry Milk
It was nice to see an episode pretty mcuh based on the growlithe police patrol. But the heluim scene is what makes it great.

P

PokeTrainer7783

Aside from Ash and the chipmunks and I will add that was funny this episode at same time made me want to smack Ash for wanting Pikachu to be the best it can be not even realizing that their already the best team. But I guess that's all apart of learning.

Psychic Venusaur

Pokemon Master
Yeah, the helium scene was hilarious.

Another funny scene was when James used the Jenny-voice megaphone. When the Growlithes were all over him, James said in Jenny's voice, "Get off me you dimwit dog(s?)!"

Also, at the end of the episode Brock uses the megaphone and says "Brock's so cool, Brock's so handsome, I love Brock" or something along those lines.

This episode was really funny and interesting

8.5/10

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
This episode's a lot funnier in Japanese (as they all are) because Koduck's voice is so high and squeaky that everyone else ends up sounding like it. And Purin's cameo appearance was genius - you couldn't have pried me off the floor for minutes after that.

Shun

Cool Band Geek
Did they take out the gun scene in the begining in the dubbed?

I watched an old video I had and it showed the gun, but it also called Todd, Snap.

Last edited:

dannyphantomhott

Ash fan girl! Cute!
YAY I loved this episode. Hearing Ash voice be so high was funny LOL. Also I loved Meowth's line too and how he ran away from the dog's in the end. Awesome episode.

Kabuto

little punks!
That helium scene is fantastic. Makes me crack up to this day. Probably the most clever plan of Team Rocket, ever. Also Brocks line about how Jenny loves him in the end (with the voice megaphone) was frickin hilarious.

LOL, the part where they were talking in the squeaky voices always amuses me. Easily one of TR's best ideas.

npdargy312

Master Coordinator
This episode was wicked cool

Battra

A very enjoyable episode, the whole thing was good. I think this was one of TR best plans ever very well planned out. Just a little bit of a rant I noticed 4kids left the gun in this episode, I guess as long as it's not pointed at people it's ok.