• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Castform

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwla

I wanted to make a fairly non-traditional Castform move set. I mean, it's ability with the weather is all well and good, but, I wanted something new. Do you think it can hold it's own with any of the following? Keep in mind I don't EV train.

Rainy Castform
-Rain Dance
-Weather Ball
-Thunder (because of Rain Dance's effect)
-Water Pulse (because Weather Ball can be more than just it's Water-type move)

Sunny Castform
-Sunny Day
-Weather Ball
-Solarbeam
-Flamethrower (see above for reason)

Snowy Castform
-Hail
-Weather Ball
-Future Sight/Shadowball (there isn't a nice combo-move here)
-Ice Beam

I think it's just the novelty, but, could this work? I am thinking about toying with it, in game.

Sion9

Rainy Castform
-Rain Dance
-Weather Ball
-Thunder (because of Rain Dance's effect)
-Ice Beam
lol you shouldn't use Water Pulse and Weather Ball. The point of this Castform is really to use Rain Dance to get a high power STAB water attack and set up Thunder. Not to switch into other weathers.

Sunny Castform
-Sunny Day
-Weather Ball/Flamethrower
-Solarbeam
-Thunderbolt/Ice Beam

Snowy Castform
-Hail
-Weather Ball/Ice Beam
-Flamethrower
-Thunderbolt
lol i dunno about snowy...might be some better combos out there...

jwla

Well, I did have them both in case of other weathers happening. But, those work, too...I suppose.

EvilMario

Dark Trainer
Castform is unique and fun (in game), but I just can't see it being terribly effective in a link-up battle unless it's receiving support (Sunny Day, Rain Dance) from another Pokemon before the switch in.

Still, I can't help, but like the Pokemon.
---
EM

You can also go for Sandstorm...

Mew3

Kill `em!
Wtf? Casty is always gonna get buffed by it!

Sunny Castform seems the best to me since using Sunny Day won't allow the opposing pokemon to take advantage of any weakness, making Solarbeam invaluable.

Still not going to be the best Poke because you essentially have to set up for an effective attack but novelties are best used for fun.

DarkSpectrum

Shadow Amongst Light
Castform
-Rain Dance/Sunny Day
-Weatherball
-Thunder/Solarbeam
-Ice Beam

about the only sets castform can actually make use of.
Just make one that best handles the gaps in your team.

aquasuicune

Yes, but with weather ball being a rock type, it is the strongest rock move in the game with BP 100. The next strongest would be rock slide with BP 75, then ancient power with 60. So sandstorm castform isn't all that bad. Also, leftovers will restore the same amount that sandstorm takes away.

Sion9

have you heard of Castform's Forecast ability? Castform changes type according to the weather.

sapira

If only...
I don't think it works with sandstorms.

EDIT: Nope, it doesn't work i just checked

Last edited:

Rakurai

Sandstorm changes Weather Ball's type, but not Castform's type.

Since Castform's type doesn't change (Thus not causing STAB), Weather Ball in a sandstorm is weaker then any of the other Weather Ball types.

DarkSpectrum

Shadow Amongst Light
Yes, but with weather ball being a rock type, it is the strongest rock move in the game with BP 100. The next strongest would be rock slide with BP 75, then ancient power with 60. So sandstorm castform isn't all that bad. Also, leftovers will restore the same amount that sandstorm takes away.

Ice beam or thunder/bolt does about the same for the flying types and fire-type weatherball does the same for ice types.
Rock doesn't do enough type coverage to worry about it and people use rock slide for the flinch, not the power.

frozenthunder

Master Breeder
the icy catform with blizzard cuz blizzard doesnt fail with hail *i rhymed with out meaning to

Status
Not open for further replies.