• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Casting a Paul on Barry (652)

G50

No longer posting
This episode was cool. It was great to finally see Paul and Barry battle each other. The battle was very one-sided, and Paul won more easily than expected. It's not surprising at all that Paul won this battle. Paul's Ursaring was so powerful in this battle, it took so many hits but was still standing. It was cool to see Spikes attack for the 1st time. It was cool to find out that Paul's Electabuzz had evolved into Electivire.

96/100

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
The episode was great. The same minute skarmory came in using spikes and then flamthrowed by magmortar, then finally falling to the ground made me lol. Ursabeast was here which made me lol even more and Empoleon at the end was just amazing.

GalladeX

Saw this yesterday on YTV.

Barry got completely destroyed. It wasn't fair.

I really like how got Hitmonlee, though. What a cool Pokemon.

But, honestly, I know Paul's strong, but really?

Skarmory got KOd in one shot, and Hitmonlee wasn't very resilient either.

I like how Torrent was showcased, and that Ash actually knew what it was.

They could've at least let Electivire take some damage from that Hydro Cannon...I mean, really.

Wow, Barry got his butt kicked bad in this one!
3-0? I thought he was going to at least take Magmortar out!

And, my god, that Ursaring is like invincible! Nothing and no one can take it out, it seems!

Bring on Ash vs. Conway!

LOL, after all that, Electivire just uses Protect when Empoleon used Hydro Cannon. XD

Poke-King

Banned
Barry is a* ******

TheEpicGoomba

This episode was cool. It was great to see Barry finally battle Paul after wanting to for such a long time. It was awesome to find out that Barry had a Skarmory, One of my favourite Pokemon. It was also quite surprising. It was smart for him to use Spikes but unfortuntly Skarmory went down easily. Seeing Barry having Hitmonlee was also cool and surprising. I just don't get how Paul's Ursaring didn't go down since it took many strong Attacks, mostly were Super Effective. It was cool to see that Paul's Electabuzz had evolved into Electivire. Sad to see Barry lose so bad.

Vernikova

Champion
A hilarious way to see Barry go down. I would've liked to see him actually beat one of Paul's Pokémon but I guess it wasn't meant to be. The battle was pretty good and I liked the fact that a pure Fighting-type Pokémon like Hitmonlee got some spotlight here since they rarely ever get to do anything. My favorite part? Empoleon standing in place and taking a Thunder attack even though it did end up losing because of it.

I'm glad Barry got destroyed in this battle.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Heehee, I did like this episode. Getting to see Barry battle his idol Paul was great. I did like everyone's reaction when Barry said he couldn't wait to battle Paul because they were the best trainers in the league. LOL

8/10

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Barry kind of annoys me so in a way, I'm glad he lost :') Paul absolutely annihilated poor Barry though, he had no chance. It was nice to see Barry go out with Empoleon though - his starter. I'm loving Team Rocket's side plot this league. Breaks up the battles really nicely but so as not to take away from the action, and it's entertaining.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
This battle was so much better than Bianca's. Infact alot of Barry's battles were pretty good in my view. He was clumzy but he atleast knew how to battle pretty good.

NPT

Just a member
It was surprising to see Barry's Hitmonlee in this episode, but it's a shame it couldn't defeat Paul's Ursaring, even after hitting it so many times. Paul's Electivire took down his Empoleon easily too.
It's sad how Barry lost in 3-0 score, he should've defeated at least one Pokemon of Paul. But still, the battle was pretty good.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Saw this yesterday on YTV.

Barry got completely destroyed. It wasn't fair.

Barry had it coming, there's a little thing called Karma, and it payed Barry back for taking the easy way out on getting his final badge, by doing that I figured he'd get curbstomped early in the league no matter who he had to fight.

Though the one thing I will agree on is Paul's Ursuring is a monster, especially when Guts kicks in.

Canada

Banned
Barry had it coming, there's a little thing called Karma, and it payed Barry back for taking the easy way out on getting his final badge, by doing that I figured he'd get curbstomped early in the league no matter who he had to fight.

Though the one thing I will agree on is Paul's Ursuring is a monster, especially when Guts kicks in.

way to argue against a post from two years ago. secondly there was nothing wrong with taking the badge, there wasnt a choice involved. volkner didnt want to battle

something ash doesn't believe in =/= wrong

If karma was a factor then where was Paul's karma? I liked Paul but it felt weird that he got no real punishment for how cruel he was.

yeah agreed

Last edited:

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
way to argue against a post from two years ago. secondly there was nothing wrong with taking the badge, there wasnt a choice involved. volkner didnt want to battle

something ash doesn't believe in =/= wrong

It's not how Ash feels, but rather, challenging oneself, think about it. Gym leaders serve as tests for trainers to get into the league, the tougher the challenges the more prepared you become, by taking the easy way out, which is essentially what Barry did, he payed for it in the league when Paul crushed him.