• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Castle of the Vampire King (Rated R) RPG Thread

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Evgeniya Sergeyevna Chernova - Slayer
Edge of the Woods - Creek
Affected RPers: Monster Guy (Candence, Adam), DVB (Diego), Kiruria (Lilith)

Evie swam on, the water around her strangely colder than the late summer season might have suggested. Not that the temperature bothered her. Her head hurt like hell, and she still had two guys to eliminate. Or...was it one guy and one beast? She did not know any longer. Her thoughts were conflicted as the pain throbbed, becoming almost unbearable. She couldn't focus, or even think straight. Raising her head above the water, she looked for the closest bank and swam towards it, pulling herself out and sitting down. She had to fight through the pain, straighten herself out and get her weapon. Why had the beast thrown her weapon? Wasn't he her ally or something? No, perhaps he wasn't. She remembered the look of shock on the redhead's face after she shot him. Why had he...reacted that way?

What the hell's wrong with me?! She thought, holding her hands to her head. Suddenly, a sharp pain erupted from her head, almost causing her to shout out, had she not kept herself from doing so. Instead, she groaned as she collapsed on the ground and shut her eyes. It was almost unbearable, Slowly, the sensation faded, and the throbbing subsided. She found herself opening her eyes once more and sitting up, the headache gone. She took in her surroundings, and found that she was on the bank of a creek. Wait...why am I here? Where the hell are Adam and Cadence? I swear... Evie got up and looked around, trying to find out why exactly had she ended up there in the first place. On the opposite bank a short distance away, she spotted a large four-pointed shape that she immediately recognized: her weapon. She also heard voices coming from the same direction.

"Damn, but of course!" She laughed out loud as she waded into the creek once more and crossed. She was a strong swimmer, and there wasn't much of a current, so she managed to reach the other side pretty quickly. She jogged towards the spot where she saw her weapon, which caught onto a few rocks at the edge of the shore, and once she saw it within her reach, knelt as close to it as possible and grabbed it by one of its blades. It was wet and nearly slipped from her fingers, but she managed to get ahold of it. Still dripping and rather dirty, she listened for the voices once again, and finding them familiar, ran in the direction of the voice. She, however, did not notice the slight frosty breeze that blew around her as she did so.

Edge of the Woods

Evie did not know how long she ran, but she definitely knew that it was for more than just a few minutes. She did not end up that far-off from where she had started, but it wasn't as if it was a stone's throw away either, her having to pass the woods for a short distance. Fortunately, nothing happened to her, save for getting a few scratches and dirt on her bare feet and lower legs from walking, though that was easily fixed. She had dried up pretty quickly as well, save for her still-wet hair, though she didn't exactly realize that it wasn't just her running that contributed to it. Hey, at least I could defend myself! She thought as she reached the place where she had left her stuff. She waded briefly into the creek up to her knees, before shaking herself dry and putting her boots back on. She decided against putting on her outerwear, instead choosing to pack them, and took up her bag, deciding to save treating her wounds for later, when she was sure that nothing was going on.

"Well, damn! When did you get here? Well, there was a fight goin' on, but it's kinda over now..." Adam's voice echoed. It was unmistakeable, his voice was really that loud. Evie looked in the direction she heard it from, shaking her head as she groaned. Was he going to get on someone again? She headed for him and saw that him, Cadence and the dark-haired guy had new company: a young woman wearing what appeared to be Victorian-looking clothes. Adam was of course, flirting with her.

"But yes, I was just enjoying my usual nighttime stroll around the outskirts of town. I like to live... a little on the dangerous side, if you know what I mean. I wouldn't dare go near that castle though, as I've already lost my best friends and my daughter near there." The woman said, before sighing. "But I'm curious, what is a group like yourselves doing out here with all the werewolves and other bumps in the night lurking about? You're not trying to slay them or something, are you?" Evie reached the group and eyed the woman, before placing her hands inside the front of Adam's tank top from behind. She was beautiful, but just like Candence, was strangely-dressed. Now that she had seen weirder things, she couldn't decide whether this woman was truly dangerous or not, though she seemed to talk a little too perfectly. Unlike with Cadence, she felt that same strange feeling that she remembered feeling around her old governess.

"Damn, focus, Adam! You already got two girls flankin' you!" She furiously murmured until her hand touched a wet part on the armhole of his tank top. Looking at her fingers, she saw that there was blood on her hand. But she didn't feel any wound...

"Blood? Now, what the fuck have you gotten yourself into this time, glupiy?!" She growled, before looking straight at the woman. "Hey, bitch! Sure, you're concerned and all, but you think we're pussies? Nyet! We do what we want, alright. Besides, what would you want from us anyway? Koldun'ya over here, and Casanova both owe me some Scotch, and that guy's joining us, you hear me?"

Last edited:

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Diego Vendrix- Human/Kresnik Hybrid; Vampire Slayer
Edge of the Woods
Affected RPers: Evie (Jean Grey), Cadance & Adam (Monster Guy), Lilith (Kiruria)

Before Diego could go and probably punch Adam, he heard Cadance shriek over the darkness. He sweatdropped a bit. He was uaware that the dark freaked her out that much. Before he could do anything, Adam went and removed the blindfold from her.

"No, you didn't. Though the vampire got away before I could try and catch him," Diego said as he went to try and calm down Cadance. "Look, don't worry. Mistakes happened. The thing is that we're all safe for the time being. The name is Diego Vendrix, nice to meet you." Diego said as he offered his hand for Cadance to shake. He smiled at her; he found her pretty cute and she seemed like a nice girl, definitely a foil for her viceful lech of a teammate she had.

He then saw a new girl come in along with the violent one. With his usual lack of charm, Adam went over to her. "Nothing against your partner, but he's a bit of a sleazeball," he noted to her. The new girl did bother him. She wasn't a vampire; she wasn't human either. She didn't seem like the werewolf type. He bit his lip slightly. He raised his eyebrow at her words. Seemed too calm for the villagers here.

Definitely suspicious behavior.

He then turned to see Evie, no longer brainwashed.

"Wait, what do you mean owe you Scotch? Shouldn't you Adam an apology? You did shoot him and did try to wound us when the vampire hypnotize to you? " he questioned to her before looking back to Cadance, waiting for her to respond to his introduction.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Ambrose Eberhart - Vampire
The Castle
Affected players: Vampirate, Kiruria

Donar led Ambrose up to one of the Towers in the Castle, and as they got to the doors, they heard commotion inside. It seemed Donars prey were trying to tie a rope from the bedsheets in order to Escape. How naive of them. Though, Ambrose had been in the exact situation himself long ago, but his fate turned out better than the fate of the two inside. Donar unlocked the door With his weird skeletal key that Ambrose suspected was of magical origin. Who makes keys out of skeletons anyway? Is there like a guy for that in the town? 'The door went open With a Hollow shrieking sound, and the two prisoners inside went quiet

“No, no, not you. . . why? What, w-what are you going to d-do to us?” the Shorter of the two guys asked in horror as Ambrose and his master entered the room, whose door eeriely shut behind them. Ambrose could think of a few Things. these guys didn't look bad at all. Though he wasn't really ni the mood for playing With his Food tonight. “Good evening,” Donar said in an ominous friendly tone that gave Ambrose chils Down to his spine, and he loved it. “We're going to eat you. Which one would you like?” Donar continued, gesturing his hand towards the prisoners as if they were merchandise at a store. "Hmm.." Ambrose made a thinking sound as he held his hand toward his chin. "Let's see.." he continued. The two guys seemed petrified in Place. Ambrose then cracked a huge mean grin. He then decided to add some drama by transforming into his zombie-ish form. "That one" he then said in his hoarse chilling voice as he pointed a bony-looking clawed finger towards the taller of the two. And that's when the screaming started.

Having partially bled the tall guy dry, ambrose and donar was interrupted by the eerie sound of the door as Bianca, another minion of Donar entered. "Oh, Master, Ambrose, I apologize for interrupting your meal..." She said in a rather shy tone. ambrose stopped feeding on the tall guy, transformed back and dropped his uncnocious body on the bed, before turning to the door. His Superman T-shirt was all bloody, and he picked out a chunk of the victims throat from his teeth before Bianca continued. "I was going to ask if there was any news from the town, but it appears this is a bad time. Incidentally, Shin took over my position, so I might head into town myself. Oh, by the way, are either of you planning on doing anything with their souls?" she then ranted on. my God, she knew how to work her mouth! Ambrose thought. "I'm sorry, honey. This one's mine" Ambrose said as politely as he could,. "Again, sorry, see you later..." Bianca then said as she moved out the door and closed it gently. Ambrose would have to find her again later. Maybe she could keep him Company in town. It got boring there wuite easily..

Moving on back to his victim, who somehow was still alive, Ambrose was starting to grow bored. Bianca had kind of ruined the mood, and Ambrose really just wanted to go home to his appartment, or to a distant room of the Castle With Donar. He also kind of wanted to find the Slayers again. He wondered if Gu had managed to drive them off, or if they had managed to take Gu out. It wasn't often that the town had Slayers visiting, and at least not that many at the same time. But all that was tomorrows problems. Ambrose pushed away the now dead victim, and layed Down on the bed, soaking the back of his shirt and pants in blood from the victim. If anyone saw him on his way home now, sh*t would hit the fan. Playfully kicking his feet in the air as he layed Down, he turned his attention to his master, who seemed to still be feeding on the short one. "Sooo.. What'cha wanna do next?"

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Cadence Amoré - Magical Slayer and Adam Hayes - Slayer
Edge of the woods
Affected RPers: DVB (Diego), Kiruia (Lilith), Jean (Evie)

"No, you didn't. Though the vampire got away before I could try and catch him," The slayer that called himself Diego explained. "Look, don't worry. Mistakes happened. The thing is that we're all safe for the time being. The name is Diego Vendrix, nice to meet you." He then offered his hand.

"Oh that's a relief!" Cadence sighed. "I just wouldn't be able to forgive myself if I actually hurt an innocent person!" When he offered, she took Diego's hand, and shook it. "Well, my full name is Cadenza Mia Amoré, but... I like Cadence better. Cadenza sounds waaay too fancy for my liking." and then he made a comment about Adam being a sleezeball, when he had hit on the new woman. Just as he had done to Evie and herself. Her eyes narrowed in disapproval. As bad it sounded, she didn't exactly disagree with Diego's comment. "Oh, he's not really my partner, he's just someone that decided to tag along... I can't let him run in trying to fight the forces of darkness all by himself with guns ablazing." She replied, thinking back to their first meeting a few hours ago. Adam was the last person she'd choose as a partner. However, despite his lecherous ways, she did still see some good in him. She had an intuition about these sort of things, and they were never wrong! Well... most of the time. "I know he's not exactly the epitome of a noble gentleman... But it doesn't seem like he means any harm. Just... try to be nice. He's probably really nice deep down. These types of people usually are."

The new woman had actually responded to Adam's flirting by... flirting back? Well... that was odd. She was clearly much older than him. Their were some people that preferred younger partners. After all, Valentino had been a few years older than her when they were still together. Adam was basically still a teenager, she was a fully grown woman. What would she want him for? The fact that her name was Lilith caused Cadence to raise an eyebrow, While just having that name, and being flirtatious wasn't enough to accuse her of anything, it was still suspicious. Lilith was the name of the most well known succubus in history. succubi and inccubi were her least favorite monsters to deal with, worse than any regular vampire or demon. They only saw love as a food source. They were awful creatures that seduced people, fed on their love, and then killed their victims once they were dry. It was a terrible fate for anybody to have to go through. After the incident with the vampire before, her guard had been raised. She didn't want Adam to get into trouble.

"Oh, pardon me, is he yours?" Lilith spoke to her.

"No, not like that..." Cadence answered in a serious tone. "He's just a good friend."

"Hahaha, what could I possibly be thinking?" The redheaded woman continued. "I'm too old for him anyway. Perhaps the moonlight, in particular, has made me a little more... romantic... than usual on this lovely evening."

"I know the feeling..." Cadence muttered in response. A tinge of sadness flashed in her purple eyes, and her usual smile became a frown. She and Valentino had taken many a moonlight walks together when they had started dating... She had missed those times when he was alive. That comment was only another reminder that he was gone.

She put those thoughts aside, as she saw Evie approach Adam from behind, and put her hands down his shirt. Cadence giggled at the sight, that act cinched it. She was definitely going to try and get these two together now. "Hey, is it just me, or are those two perfect for each other?" She said to Diego, gesturing to Adam and Evie. "They look so cute together!... Ok, maybe cute isn't the right word to describe those two, but still... Their names are Adam and Eve for goodness sake, it's practically destiny!" She wasn't discreet about saying that last part, and pumped her fist up with enthusiasm. For a brief moment, she had forgotten that there was also a Lilith present... A fact that she was reminded of when she spoke again.

"But yes, I was just enjoying my usual nighttime stroll around the outskirts of town. I like to live... a little on the dangerous side, if you know what I mean. I wouldn't dare go near that castle though, as I've already lost my best friends and my daughter near there." She said with a sigh. The fact that she mentioned having lost a daughter, and closw friends caused Cadence to show some sympathy for her. She knew all too well what the loss of a loved one felt like. "But I'm curious, what is a group like yourselves doing out here with all the werewolves and other bumps in the night lurking about? You're not trying to slay them or something, are you?"

After Evie answered the question, laced with insults and swear words, Cadence gave her explanation next. "Oh, well... yes." The Magical Slayer answered matter-of-factly. "That's why we're here... People have been going missing in this town, and they're have been rumours of vampires living in that castle. Besides, slaying those bumps in the night is kind of my job. It runs in my family, actually."

Meanwhile, as the red haired woman spoke to him, placed her hand beneath his chin, and he became aware of the smell of roses wafting through the air, Adam suddenly found it really hard to think of anything else. He seemed like he was in some sort of daze. His eyes had glazed over, and he had a goofy looking grin on his face. He hadn't noticed Evie putting her hands down his shirt, or heard her speak. The entire time, he held eye contact with Lilith, looking like he was enamored with her. The only word he managed to get out was a slurred "Uhhh..."

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Donar - Vampire King
Castle

“Let's see,” Ambrose considered his choices, with the sort of face someone selecting a pack of gum might wear. He transformed upon deciding, “That one.” And the boys started screaming again as Ambrose lunged towards the taller boy. Donar scooped up his own victim. He'd take care of that incessant screaming first, ripping his fangs across the guy's neck.

As the two of them gulped down blood, the door creaked open. “Oh, Master, Ambrose, I apologize for interrupting your meal...' droned Bianca's lifeless voice, “I was going to ask if there was any news from the town, but it appears this is a bad time. Incidentally, Shin took over my position, so I might head into town myself. Oh, by the way, are either of you planning on doing anything with their souls?”

News? Not really. Shin? Donar knew that. Souls? Maybe, alchemy after all...

“I'm sorry, honey. This one's mine,” commented Ambrose. This was enough to get Donar to look up from his meal to ask, “And what exactly are you going to do with an extra soul?”

Bianca seemed almost put off, "Again, sorry, see you later..."

Donar returned to feeding. But Ambrose seemed bored. He picked at his food, pushed it away and lay down. Then he turned to Donar, “Sooo. What'cha wanna do next?”

Donar looked up at him, and wiped the blood from his mouth with his ragged sleeve (he'd have to remember to fix this suit next time he was in the Alchemy Lab). He then smiled deviously, before asking suggestively, “Why do I get the feeling, that you know the answer to that question?”

Kat

Writer's block X_X
Fillan McKeiran – WereVamp
Castle Antall – Front Gate -> Dungeons -> East Tower

Affected RP'ers: Kiruria, Vampirate, Schade (all indirectly)

Fillan smiled and shook his head at Shin as he passed through the castle’s gate behind Bianca; guard duty, as if. He had gotten his fill of it a century and a quarter ago. He walked in silence behind Bianca as they crossed the first courtyard, passing the cleanup and initial defense crews milling about behind the hedges that provided cover from the gate. He noted as Bianca pulled out what appeared to be a copy of the solution to the maze as he began to speak, fishing out a thin paperback from a pocket of his jeans and flipping it open as he did.

“In answer to your previous words, while detestable, it’s a necessary evil. I’ve seen that the supernatural and normal can coexist peacefully, but humanity as a whole is incapable of accepting what it cannot understand; therefore, we have to hunt, to kill, in order to survive. As for serving the King, without him I would have been dead a century and a half ago. His Majesty has been there for me when no one else has, and for that I aid him however I can, and hope that he can bring about some form of coexistence. I know your circumstances are… different, but they say that everything happens for a reason. All we can do is hope that the new day dawns a bit brighter, that it brings with it a better world.”

He had been there, hidden in the shadows, when Bianca had been brought in. It would have been kinder to have let her die, Fillan thought, but her final words as a mortal had damned her to the King’s twisted sense of humor (or an accident; His Majesty had never elaborated on it, but given the transformative nature of his blood, you never knew). And regardless of his own feelings on the matter, que sera sera.

As they continued walking, he continued: “I normally don’t kill people like I did at the gate, so I’m sorry if I unsettled you. The club in town that I work at got shut down unexpectedly, and he was more than a bit irritated because of it. Some of the things he said got me… angry. People like him tend to meet messy ends.”

They eventually reached the center of the maze; the benches, braziers, fountains and plant holders were all in disarray; even the tip of the massive moondial in the center of the maze had broken off, laying off to one side. As Bianca made across the courtyard to the entrance of the next part of the maze, Fillan called to her: “This is where we part; have a good evening, Ms. Bianca.”, before turning to the dial, throwing the heart still clutched in his hand in the general direction of the front gate. Someone would come across it and eat it.

The moondial consisted of a massive dial and depictions of each moon phase, inlaid with grime-covered crystal; the shadow of the dial would point to the current phase (and those who knew the normal numeral positions on a sundial could use it for that purpose as well). Putting his book away, lifting his headband from over his right eye, and kneeling down next to the waxing crescent inlay, Fillan grasped the ironwork surrounding the crystal with his non-bloody glove and tugged, almost like dialing a rotary telephone. The inlay turned several degrees clockwise, a small ‘click’ audible to Fillan’s ears. He turned it three more times before letting go, the inlay snapping back into normal position when he did.

He repeated; three turns of the waning gibbous, two of the new moon, and two of the left half-moon before a final, single turn of the full moon. As the inlay returned to its normal position, machinery beneath the courtyard came to life, the stone wedges in the center of the dial descending to form a spiral staircase. Standing, Fillan quickly walked down the stairs and through the locked door at the bottom of the shaft; the chain he pulled halfway down reset the puzzle and sealed the staircase, while a skeleton key took care of the door.

While making his umbrakinesis useless, he could see perfectly in the pitch black as the secret tunnel descended into the castle dungeons, themselves a maze altogether. His use of the moondial passage (along with a few others) had made memorizing the safe route out of the dungeons a necessity, however, and was useful for figuring out where a troublesome prisoner might have ended up. He walked quickly, his footfalls echoing in the silence. Despite passing several figures in alcoves along the hallways, he was not disturbed; most anyone who managed to get up to this part of the dungeons from the lower level were in no shape to take on the castle’s inhabitants.

The light in the tunnels grew steadily brighter as he neared the entrance to the castle proper, lit torches becoming more common on the walls. A final flight of stairs ended on a landing bearing a wrought-iron gate, the only thing separating the dungeons from the small section that contained the King’s alchemy labs (and with them, access to the castle proper). Again fishing out the iron keyring he kept hidden in an inner pocket of his jacket, Fillan selected the correct key and let himself through the gate, locking it behind him as he ascended into the castle proper. As he rolled down the halls on his skates, past moth-eaten tapestries and broken ornaments of a time long past, he could vaguely hear screams coming from somewhere else in the castle, probably one of the towers by the sound of it.

He reached the door at the top of the southwest tower a few minutes after the screams began to die out. A third key on the iron keyring unlocked this door, the lock clicking smoothly despite its age. The roughly octagonal room beyond belied the state of the rest of the castle, the stone floors and dark wood furniture relatively spotless. Two bookshelves stood on either side of the door, filled with Fillan’s collection of books and various other kitch. The left hand wall sported a four-poster bed with crimson hangings and sheets, a wardrobe to the right of the bed. Between the balcony door on the wall opposite the main door and the window opposite the bed stood a desk facing the center of the room, a winged back armchair resting behind it. A small table and two chairs stood in the center, a chess game in progress set up on the table’s surface; white appeared to be winning (as usual).

Fillan placed white into check with a king-side castle before opening the curtains and the balcony door, a cool night breeze wafting through the room. He breathed in the cool air before turning and lighting the oil lamp on the desk, bathing part of the room in a warm glow. As he sat down at the desk, dropping his bloodstained glove into the trash can next to the desk as he did, Fillan couldn’t help but wonder how different this room looked now, 150 years after he had awoken in it alongside three bloody corpses. Granted, a few particularly stubborn bloodstains were now hidden by the rug in the center of the room, but still.

Fillan shook his head to clear it as he pulled a leather-bound notebook from a locked drawer, flipping it open to where he had last left off and arranging it to his right. A second volume he pulled from another locked drawer, bound in something distinctly not cow leather (Fillan didn’t want to know what); the pearlescent, midnight-blue ink glittered slightly as he opened the book to part sixteen. The book was the last thing he had of his father, a literal Book of Shadows for those who could control them, through which each descendant of the family could learn of and grow their powers through the collective experience of its descendants. It was lucky that Fillan’s father had been taught the basics by his father, who had in turn passed them on to Fillan, seeing as the first several chapters that detailed these basics were in Latin, followed by Old English, Middle English, French and Gaelic. The language mix was such that it had taken Fillan decades of on and off translation to get this far.

Thanking his lucky stars that the rest of the book was in Gaelic, he set pen to paper and began to translate. At first glance, the entry (from his great-great-great-grandfather, if the dates were correct) looked promising; something about a Shadow Guardian? Hmm…

OOC: I’m imagining each combined direction of the castle has a tower, along with others. I’m also imagining that the top window of the southwest tower faces the south (towards the main gate). As such, the slayer party may be able to see the light from Fillan’s room if they get there before he goes to bed or leaves the castle.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Ambrose Eberhart - Vampire
The Castle
Affected RP'ers: Vampirate.

“Why do I get the feeling, that you know the answer to that question?” Donar answered Ambrose's question With a suggestive smile. If Ambrose was still a human, he's sure he'd have blushed like crazy. He felt his dead heart race as Donar pushed the dead victim off the bed and took his Place. The following moments reminded Ambrose of why he was still living after all these years. As an immortal, it was simple to lose focus on life, and he had more than once gotten into depressed phases resulting in scuicidal thoughts. But Donar knew exactly how to light the flame of life in him, and it always reminded him that Donar was his reason to continue living, as well as his one and only Companion in this life.

---

A short pleasurable while later, Ambrose was lying in the bed just relaxing. He felt like a battery just getting re-charged, and he loved it. The only good thing about Donar being away, was the time they spent together when he got back. Though Ambrose didn't really have much to do in the Castle now, he decided he would go home to his appartment and probably try and get some rest before the day after. He figured that the Slayers from before would be gone by now. But just to be sure, he'd have to take another route on his way home, just in case. Getting out of the huge bloody bed, Ambrose got a glimpse of himself in the Mirror. He was all bloody after feeding, and after laying in the bloody bed. He more or less looked like a roadkill. A handsome roadkill. He looked around the room to find his clothes, and put on his bloody Superman T-shirt, and his suprisingly clean jeans and shoes. he had blood in his hair, and he 'styled' it backwards. Now, it looked like he had a slicked back strawberry blonde hairstyle. He'd have to take a long, long shower when he got home, indeed.

Luckily for Ambrose, it was dark outside now, and besides the occational zombie and undead being in the forest, he didn't encounter that many People. When he got out of the forest and onto the streets, he figured that he'd have to cover up his bloody T-shirt a little. As fate would have it, a drunk guy was walking past him, wearing a black leather coat. Drunk People were pretty common at night here, and Ambrose didn't even have to hypnotize him into giving him the jacket. He just knocked the dark haired guy Down and took it. Simple as that. Not every misdeed have to be grand and supernatural. Ambrose thought as he put the jacket on and walked home. As he got home, he immideatly put his superman T-shirt in the laundry and looked at himself in the Mirror again. He really did look like a roadkill.. Time to hit the shower!

The day after
Ambrose's appartment
Affected RP'ers: None

The day after, Ambrose decided he'd sleep in. He didn't really need it, but he figured he'd do so anyway. It was a sunny day, so Ambrose decided he'd spend the day inside, mostly doing nothing. Maybe he'd order a pizza and have the pizza delivery person to keep him Company. On sunny days like these, it got really boring being all alone. That being said, maybe he'd rather Call up his friend Violette. It had been a while since he saw his witch friend, and she had been working on some sort of Sunlight elixir. purely experimental, but exciting nonetheless. But until Violette got there, He'd have to just relax, watching Netflix or something.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Donar - Vampire King
Castle, Tower > Master Bedroom
Late Night

Donr would have stayed with Ambrose awhile longer, but it was late and the sun would be rising soon. He also wanted to bathe before he got in his own bed. He'd have some servants clean-up the room after Ambrose left, and bring what was left of his clothes to the alchemy lab so he could restore them.

He sent a telepathic message to one of his minions to shut the shutters and heavy curtains in his room. It was the best preserved place in the castle, and why shouldn't it be, he was the King after all. He instructed a couple more servants to bring up some water for the bath. It didn't matter the temperature, he no longer enjoyed heat or got a chill from the cold.

The water was soothing just the same, and getting off all the grime and blood of the night. As he moved into the master bedroom proper, he found things to be in order, the shutter and curtains shut tight, the bed turned down, and his nightclothes laid out for him.

Morning
(I'll just post some flashbacks during the day. . .)

Marguerite was nagging him again, she'd been at it all day. 'Spend some more time with you son, by the way, he wants a white pony for his birthday, and you'd better get it. . . Let the generals take care of the war. . . I know you said that with the war it's inappropriate timing for a ball this year, but can't we at least have a dinner party?'

Donar left went out into the garden for a break, while she was being fitted for a new gown. Wouldn't need a new gown if she simply tried o keep the figure she'd had when they first met. Come to think of it, she didn't nag so much when they first met either. - The roses were in bloom, beautiful gatherings of red, pink, and yellow flowers. He sat on the white stone bench and stared a while, ignoring the problems of politics and family life. It was a pleasant afternoon. The sun was warm on his back, the insects were buzzing, and the birds singing.

And there came another sound, a humming. . . He stood and looked over the angular green hedges, the new gardener was trimming the roses in the next row. He was young attractive man that Donar would have like to watch for a while, but the gardener seemed to feel his gaze and looked up. He gave Donar a slight smile and a gentle bow, and the king was forced to play that he was just passing through, with an indifferent glance and walking away.

As he reluctantly moved on was startled by the sound of horses' hooves and a man shouting, 'Open the gate! Open the gate!'

Last edited:

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Edge of the Woods
Affected RPers: Cadance & Adam (Monster Guy), Lilith (Kiruria)

"Oh that's a relief!" Cadence sighed. "I just wouldn't be able to forgive myself if I actually hurt an innocent person!" When he offered, she took Diego's hand, and shook it. "Well, my full name is Cadenza Mia Amoré, but... I like Cadence better. Cadenza sounds waaay too fancy for my liking."

Diego smiled as he shook her hand. "Pleasure to meet you, Cadence," Diego said to her with a smile. He then saw her react to his comment about Adam being a sleazeball. Her eyes narrowed and it looked like she didn't disagree with him exactly.

"Oh, he's not really my partner, he's just someone that decided to tag along... I can't let him run in trying to fight the forces of darkness all by himself with guns ablazing," Cadence explained. Diego nodded. "I understand, though I imagine he must difficult to get along with," he figured.

"I know he's not exactly the epitome of a noble gentleman... But it doesn't seem like he means any harm. Just... try to be nice. He's probably really nice deep down. These types of people usually are," she told him. Diego sighed, but he smiled. "Well, you are asking nicely. I guess I can try and be more patient with him, but that attitude of his will get him and probably us in trouble," he said back to her.

Diego then saw her frown and he saw the sad look in his eyes. It was the sort of sadness for missing someone. He looked at her and gave her a comforting smile. "If you wanna talk about it, I'm here," he said before he saw the violent girl and the lech.

"Hey, is it just me, or are those two perfect for each other?" She said to Diego, gesturing to Adam and Evie. "They look so cute together!... Ok, maybe cute isn't the right word to describe those two, but still... Their names are Adam and Eve for goodness sake, it's practically destiny!" he heard Cadence say. "Eh maybe. Their marriage would be like the one between Zeus and Hera," he said before looking at the mysterious woman.

"The same. I was chosen to help be a new generation of vampire generation, hence my strange powers. I have some of the powers of the Kresnik, a creature of Slavic mythology that could be considered the predator of the vampire," Diego explained before looking at the woman. "Hey Cadence, I know Adam goes ga-ga for any pretty woman, but here's he looks as if he is under a spell. She's also making the back of my hairs stand up on end... that and the mention of the werewolves makes me think she's not human," Diego whispered to her before he crossed his arm and looked at Lilith.

"How about you? You don't seem to be afraid of the perils here like most people," he said to her with a hint of suspicion.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Iris Street, The next day
Affected RPers:

After everything that had occured the previous night, the slayers had decided to call it night, and would regroup the next morning to figure out their next course of action. It was a bright and sunny day, and Adam was standing outside the hotel with his arms crossed, and impatiently tapping his foot. It had turned out that he and Cadence had checked into the same Hotel by coincidence. Of course, the girl seemed like she had her own money. Adam was using a Credit Card his Aunt had given him for emergencies... He knew his guardians would be pissed if they found out what he spent his money on, but he didn't really care. He was old enough to make decisions now, and if they didn't want him using it, they shouldn't have given it to him in the first place. Besides, In his mind, this did qualify as an emergency. The boy was dressed in his usual day-to-day clothes. A red tank top with a black sun in the chest, and the rays going outward, a pair of red cargo shorts held up by a red belt, and a pair of red sandals. He also kept his red headband around his forehead. "Dammit, why do chicks have to take forever to get ready?!" The boy complained.

"Well, it takes time to put all of this together sweetie." Cadence had responded as she exited the hotel. She had heard him complaining from the lobby, he was that loud. . She was wearing a simple purple blouse, with a purple miniskirt with a gold line at the hem, and purple slippers on her feet. The outfit was accessorized with a gold chain necklace with a purple bar shaped charm, a set of matching earrings, and a purple and magenta striped headband. She also carried around a matching purse to carry all of her things. "Oh, I just love sunny mornings like this! Don't you?! Everything is just so... happy! And no Vampires running around either..." She mumbled that last sentence under her breath. Pannis was a whole lot less creepy when the sun was out.

Adam's green eyes widened at the sight of the magical slayer, and a big grin formed on his face. "Well damn Glinda! It's about time you showed up!" He reached out his arm, and grabbed Cadence's rear, again... Giving it a squeeze this time. "It's nice to see ya' dressed like a normal chick for a change! You look so much hotter that way! It was definitely worth the wait!"

Why does he have to be so... grabby? Cadence cringed, as she stepped out of Adam's grip. ""Um... thank you... I think... Well of course... I'm off duty. I don't go around slaying monsters all the time. A girl has to have some time off too right? You still look just as cute as you did yesterday. Just keep your hands to yourself, kay?" She gave the boy a smile and a wink as she playfully patted his head. "Hehe, anyway, let's go meet up with the others! We've got things to do!" She turned around, and walked in the direction of Hazel Lane.

Adam laughed, and followed closely behind. While it was nice to see Glinda not be so serious, he had no intention of listening to her advice.

Hazel Lane

There weren't very many people around. Only a few tourists walking around, going about their daily routine. When the duo arrived on the lane, they came across an old looking building with the name, "Végzet Tarot and Fortunes" When Cadence saw it, she was immediately intrigued. She had grown up around supernatural phonimenon, and had always found the stuff it fascinating. At least, the stuff that wasn't totally creepy... She grabbed Adam's wrist to get his attention. "Hey, we got some time to spare, want to go in there and get our fortunes told?"

Adam raised an eyebrow, and narrowed his eyes. "Seriously?! You actually believe in that fortune telling bullshit?!"

"Well... Yeah... I do, actually." Cadence replied while tilting her head. She had expected Adam to be all for it. He didn't have any issues with her being a witch. "I'm surprised that you don't... You have no problems accepting Vampires, Chimeras, Demons, and... um... well...me..."

The redheaded slayer crossed his arms, and huffed. "That's different... Those things are actually cool. That is total crap! Why the hell would I let somebody tell me how to live my life?! If I wanna do somethin', then damn it, I'm gonna do it! Whatever is gonna happen, happens. I'll deal with it myself. No crazy old lady with a fucking crystal ball is gonna stop me!"

Cadence put her hands on her hips, and rolled her eyes. "Now, you're just being silly..."

Last edited:

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Evgeniya Sergeyevna Chernova
Hazel Lane, The next day
Affected RPers: Monster Guy (Cadence, Adam)

Evie did not sleep the night before, not being able to do so very well ever since the day after her father died. She didn't even wish to sleep, not when she was certain that the pendulums in her nightmares would come back to haunt her once again. The dreams she dreaded followed the same pattern over and over again: pendulums, a gun in her hand and a shot, usually resulting in interrupted sleep, or even night terrors on some occasions. The words of the dark-haired Slayer, Diego, telling her to apologize for shooting Adam, bothered her a lot. Hypnosis? Evie remembered none of that, and knew very well that she couldn't handle a gun at all. The fact that the nature of her nightmares involved guns made her want to sleep even less. She did not want to admit to anyone about her fears, however. Such a phobia was extremely irrational, and nobody would understand where she was coming from. Hell, Evie herself did not understand what exactly went wrong, even after six years. One thing was for sure though, she did not want anything to hold her back. She only went back to the inn to take a proper bath, change her clothes and have the laundry done, the rest of the night she spent in town, having a few drinks at the pub, hustling at a few pool games and asking for any leads on her brother, which proved futile. Sure, she won all the games she played, earning both the ire and admiration of quite a few local men, and even went so far as to go to the local armory and purchased a set of black armored gear, which she hid back at the inn, but she didn't progress much where it counted. Those who did see him had no idea about his disappearance, and those people were few and far between.

"Here ya go, Evelyn. Three hundred bucks. Now scram before you empty everyone else's wallets!" The man whom she last challenged pushed a stack of bills in a foreign currency that was neither euro nor ruble, but supposedly equivalent to about three hundred dollars if he was to be believed. She smirked at him, putting aside the cue stick she rented before taking the money. Hustling at pool was something she enjoyed, and she especially loved the unexpected factor she brought in to the table, which often threw off many of her opponents at first.

"Spasibo…I mean, thanks, man. Don't get too confident that I won't be back!" She laughed, before throwing a mock salute and heading out of the pub's door. The sun was shining brightly, and somehow, the gentle golden rays reminded her of her younger brother. Perhaps it was his hair, or his eternally optimistic and sunny disposition. There were less people out on the streets this time, most of them seemingly tourists on their first day in Pannis. Many of the shops and restaurants were open, however, while the bars were beginning to close. She passed by the fortune shop, and caught sight of two very familiar people, a girl and purple and a guy in red. Of course. The two were having a conversation on getting their fortunes read. Evie thought about the Emperor card inside her bag once again, and headed towards the entrance.

"Guys, you seriously are considering this? I've been here to try and ask for leads on my brother, and trust me, the bitch was trying to change my diet!" She cut in, before hearing a familiar voice from inside the heavily-curtained shop.

"Uralkodó, you've returned. And you brought some of your…friends? Lovely to see that you have company. It takes more than your bravery, after all. Come in, all of you, and have a seat." Erzsébet motioned as she sat behind her table. Evie shook her head.

"Don't drag them into your tea shit and palm reading, woman….seriously, a reading is more than enough!" She warned, as the Hungarian fortune teller smiled and took out her Tarot deck, shuffled it and spread the cards on top of the table, their backs decorated with a dark Gothic-style border. She tapped her long, dark red nails on top of the table before she pointed at the cards.

"Now, choose." She whispered.

rRm08Ku.png

Last edited:

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
OOC: So in my last post I had Bianca leave the castle... and now I have to get her back there again before dawn. Also, in this post I'll be mentioning the two paranormal researchers I was originally going to sign up in this RPG. I'm sure Diego would have loved to meet one of them. XD
IC:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bianca Melancholy - Monster (Vampire)
Northern Pannis, ~2AM
Affected RPers: None
"Nothing to See Here"

Bianca's walk back to town was rather peaceful. Once or twice she had a werewolf growling at her in the forest, but they seemed to back off once they either recognized her as a fellow minion of Donar or listened to her humming. As she walked, she thought about what Fillan said to her as they walked through the labyrinth. Fillan seemed to really sympathize with her. She did appreciate the thought, but she looked at him distantly all throughout, not seeming to have the capacity to return any sympathy or gratitude. He was right though. Here at the castle, it was all about mindlessly killing and maiming in order to eke out this undead existence. Yet, a few of them, most notably Donar himself, seemed to actually enjoy it. Ever since she became a vampire, Bianca wondered what it was like to feel the pleasure and satisfaction of preying upon a victim, and also of listening to praise about her singing, or other words of encouragement. Every time she headed into town, she hoped to learn more about exactly what happiness was, what love was.

However, she could only go into town at night, specifically when the king had no use for her, which was typically in the wee hours of the morning. By that time, most townsfolk were asleep, and the ones who were awake were typically ill-intentioned shady folk, or even worse, other monsters who preyed on people in the middle of the night. People with more violence and greed on their minds. Since sunlight harmed her and positive emotions eluded her, she was confined to the darkness and all that thrived in it.

After passing by orchards and fields on the outskirts of the town itself, Bianca entered the northern suburbs, walking along a row of houses along one of the residential streets. As she walked, she gazed towards the windows, hoping to catch someone sleeping inside, but most of them had the drapes or blinds closed over them, preventing her from looking inside. Especially with all the murders about, the citizens were probably advised to take extra safety precautions, especially at night. The streets were completely quiet - no people nor vehicles moving about at all.

That is, until Bianca heard a door opening somewhere off to her left. Startled, she scanned the block for any open doors or lights... but saw nothing. Seconds later, she heard the same door slam. It was coming from the house she was currently facing. However, she had not seen that door open, concluding that it must have been the house behind it. Without hesitation, Bianca broke into a run, rushing to the nearest intersection, making a left and another left onto the next street. As she ran down the next street, she counted the houses as she passed, remembering how far along the previous house was. But before she could get too far, she saw a couple of shady figures leaving a house ahead of her, each carrying what looked like another person in their arms. They ran away from her along the street, much faster than any normal person could run. Bianca put a hand gently to her mouth.
Oh dear, more victims...

Gingerly, Bianca approached the house the monsters had emerged from. It was a rather lovely Tudor-style house, and from what she could tell, it had been painted lavender with the decorative beams being painted black. Kind of an unusual house... she also noted the garden gnomes and lavender bushes growing around the exterior of the house. The house had been left dark; apparently these were more monsters who could see well in low light. As such, Bianca also left it that way. But she could still see the interior quite clearly. Immediately she spotted a crystal ball resting on the coffee table in a living room, and around it, the scent of incense lingered in the air. Behind her, various photographs rested on the mantelpiece... she picked up one of them, which depicted a happy middle-aged couple with a small white-haired girl in the man's arms. She gazed at this picture for a long time, for the little girl reminded her much of herself - the same hair, the same pale skin, the same clear glassy eyes, the same blank and ethereal expression on her face. A tear started to drip down her cheek.

What startled her even more was a larger picture she found. In this picture, the same white-haired girl was now all grown up and in a wedding dress, standing next to her new husband with a bouquet of white roses in her hand, surrounded by the two's combined family and friends. The girl now looked even more like Bianca, but this time her cheeks were bright pink and she was smiling. Bianca gazed at this picture for what seemed like several minutes, until she sank down to her knees and broke into tears, laying the picture haphazardly on her lap.

Later, when she heard sirens approaching the house, she jumped up and bolted out of the house before anyone could spot her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lily Alice "Lilith" Mayberry - Monster (Succubus)
Streets of northern Pannis - The following morning
Affected RPers: None
"Breaking the Old Alliance"

The nice thing about Pannis was that it was a small town, so small that it was pretty easy to walk from place to place. That was just as well, as hardly anybody drove cars here anyway. But even if people did, Lilith preferred not to sit in one anyway. She was not a vampire. Sunlight did not bother her - in fact, she thrived in it, especially on mornings like this. While the nighttime was about hunting and seducing and feeding, the daytime was about relaxation. It was more like any mundane life.

But today was more about business. Today she had made plans to pay a visit to a pair of paranormal researchers living in the northern end of town, a place she had passed right by last night on the way back home. She began to recall the events of last night, especially her impromptu meeting with that group of slayers. Cadence, Diego, Adam, and Evie. Lilith snickered when she thought about the last two. Adam and Evie. And she laughed out loud when she realised that Adam was the one she seduced last night. She knew she would have to get to know him better. Sure, he may have been a lustful buffoon, as Diego seemed to imply, but as far as she was concerned, that was exactly the type of man she liked. Someone easily attracted to the opposite sex, so much that they lost their minds. Someone carefree, so much that they were easy to manipulate. Somone willing, so much that they could easily wind up in bed with her someday. Yet, she didn't want to finish him off just yet. Perhaps she would keep him as a pet of sorts, playing with him for a long while before finally doing him.

As she got closer to her destination, she thought back to the last time she had met these two paranormal researchers. Their names were Vincent and Zuri Estrel, and they had been very good friends to her ever since they had moved to Pannis about three years ago. Both were fondly interested in supernatural occurrences, and they also practiced witchcraft - not the harmful sort, but more healing and ceremonial magic, and celebrations of patterns in nature and blessings directed at the Otherworld. In the recent past, Lilith had helped them on investigations into the obviously supernatural forces around Castle Antall, and even helped put a stray vampire they captured out of his misery, using a healing ritual to help him progress into the afterlife. All three of them knew there was evil afoot there, but they knew they would not stand a chance if they just walked into the castle. Lilith's old friends from her mortal life had already learned that the hard way.

But when Lilith got to the house on the appropriately-named Avalon Way, she saw two police cars in front of the house, and crime scene tape blocking the front door. By the time she approached the house, a young police officer exited the house with a notepad in hand, ducking underneath the bright yellow tape and jotting down some notes.

"Excuse me, officer," Lilith spoke to him as he walked by, sounding a bit nervous, "but could you please tell me what's going here? I'm a friend of the Estrels. Has something happened to them?"

"You are?" the officer replied, sounding alarmed. Lilith had to smirk at the sight of him, for he had a very boyish look about him, what with the blond hair, large eyes, and freckles on his face. Seemed kind of unfitting for a police officer, especially with his innocent-sounding voice to accompany it. "Hey wait a minute. Are you Lilith, by any chance?"

Lilith smiled, looking right into his round hazel eyes and placing her hands on her hips. "Why yes, I am."

The policeman blushed and blinked a few times. "Ehehehehe..." He shook his head, for it would be bad if he flirted on duty. "Well. Um..." He then walked up to Lilith and whispered into her ear. "Don't tell any of the officers, but I'm a friend of the Estrels too. Has Nim--I mean, Vincent--ever told you about some guy named Warren?"

Lilith smiled broadly. "Ahhh, why yes, he did." She lowered her voice to a whisper too. "He told me all about you, and everyone else in that... what was it, a gang?... that you used to be into. Tsk tsk tsk, what a scandal. A gangster working for the police force!" Then she cleared her throat and looked into his eyes again. "Well then tell me, Officer Warren. What sort of trouble have Zuri and Vincent gotten into this time? A spell gone wrong, perhaps?"

Warren blushed again, backing away and bumping into a lavender bush. "Well uh..." He shook his head again, making a mental note not to look into Lilith's eyes again. "I dunno really, but they appear to have been attacked and kidnapped, maybe."

"Attacked? And kidnapped?" Lilith asked, putting on an expression of surprise that looked almost fake.

"Yeah, when we looked around inside they were nowhere to be found. But there was blood on their bed, and some slash marks on the bedframe."

"Well that's easy," Lilith remarked. "Must've been a werewolf."

"No, no, that can't be it, can it?" Warren scoffed. "Werewolves would stay in the woods, wouldn't they? Nah, I suspect it's some religious extremists who suspects their magical workings caused all the strange happenings around here. Still, I can't imagine exactly... that... would happen to them..."
A tear started to fall down his cheek, but Lilith wiped it away with a crimson-nailed finger. The second her finger touched his face, he reached out with his hand and slapped her own face.
"No, I shouldn't be crying like this while on duty..." Warren resolved.

"Hahaha, you're right, you shouldn't," Lilith toyed, stroking the spot on her cheek where she was slapped. Over the years, she had gotten used to men slapping her, especially the sort who didn't quite fall for her alluring looks. "Although, if you ever would like to come on over to my place and... talk things over, you are more than welcome."

Warren laughed. "Well, maybe," he joked. "Until then, I still have a lot of work t do today, you know? Still a shame about those two, though. I'll have to, uh... help prepare for the funeral... soon."

"Well I'll be glad to help," Lilith offered. "They are my friends as well, you know. Not to mention that with all the work we've done on the investigation into these murders, I suppose I'm now on my own. Tell you what." And she took the pen and notebook right out of Warren's hands, ripping off a piece of paper right underneath the one he had written on, and writing on it. Once done, she handed the paper right back to him.
"Here's my number. Just give me a call if you need any help with anything."

"Haha, sure thing," Warren replied, as he started to head back down the path. "Peace." And he walked back to one of the cars, joining up with another officer.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Downtown - Mayor's Office
Morning

A harsh beep broke the silence in the mayor's office, causing him to drop his pen. His secretary's nasally voice emitted from a newfangled box on his desk, “Sir, your sister is on line 1, she sounds pretty upset.”

“Thank Gina,” commented the mayor pressing a button on the box, and then lifting his phone. He listened to the frantic woman on the other end of the phone, occasionally replying, “He didn't? . . Are you sure, maybe he just stayed the night with Sammy's? . . You called his mom? She did? . . All night? . . Of course I'm concerned. . . Yes. . . No. Yes, I will. . .”

The mayor dropped the phone and took the handkerchief from his pocket, and mopped up the sweat from his forehead. Kent and Sammy were missing, that meant one of two things, they ran off or they were. . . he couldn't bear to think about it. He collapsed in his chair, staring blankly at the paperwork in front of him for several moments. He pressed a button on the intercom box, “Gina, I'm thinking of doing something. . . radical. . .”

“Care to enlighten me Sir?” wheezed Gina over the com.

“Aside from having the police sweep the city in search of my nephew and his. . . friend. I'd like you to get a notice out to those so called Slayers. . . give them incentive to storm the castle,” he explained.

“Um, what kind of incentive Sir? These people are usually not in it for the money, they genuinely believe there is evil in this world and it's their purpose to destroy it,” replied Gina.

The mayor looked out his office's large picture image, “Then run with that. Validate their beliefs. You can do that, can't you Gina?”

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Iris Street
Affected RPers: Jean

"Guys, you seriously are considering this? I've been here to try and ask for leads on my brother, and trust me, the bitch was trying to change my diet!" Evie suddenly cut in.

"Hey, I'm not considerin' anything!" Adam retorted. "This is all Glinda's idea!"

Cadence just narrowed her eyes. Why did Adam have to be so stubborn? "Oh come on, don't be such a insensato! It'll be fun!"

"I am not being a... uh... whatever that is you said... I'm callin' bullshit when I see it!" the redheaded slayer rubbed his temples in frustration. Why did these girls constantly use words he didn't know the meaning of? It wasn't fair, he didn't know any foreign insults to retaliate with. Damn it! Why can't these two speak English?!

And then Cadence got an idea. She smiled coyly, and twisted a one of her blonde strands of hair between her fingers. There was one way she knew to get Adam to listen... "Aw come on, do it for me. Pleeeease?" She batted her eyelashes in a flirtatious manner. She had seen her mom try this on her dad countless times in order to get him to agree with things. Surprisingly, it worked every time.

The redhead blushed heavily. Was she hitting on him? She looked cute. Usually he was the one that hit on the girls, he never knew how to respond when it was the other way around. "Um... uh..." He stammered, suddenly started to become flustered. He really hated it when girls did this to him, yet he loved it at the same time. "GAH, DAMN IT! I hate it when you chicks do this! Ugh, fine fine. I'll do it. Happy now?!"

"Very much so, yes. Thank you so much!" She gave him a kiss on the cheek. Causing Adam's face to light up happily. Admittedly, she felt a little guilty about manipulating him that way, but he was being way too stubborn. It was just a simple tarot reading for goodness sake, there was no harm in that!

There was a voice from inside the heavily-curtained shop. It belonged to the lady who likely owned the place. "Uralkodó, you've returned. And you brought some of your…friends? Lovely to see that you have company. It takes more than your bravery, after all. Come in, all of you, and have a seat." Then she led the group inside. Then the fortune teller smiled and took out her Tarot deck, shuffled it and spread the cards on top of the table face down. "Now, choose." She whispered.

"Well, I suppose I'll go first." Cadence said as she took a seat at the table, chose one of the cards, and flipped it face up. The girl's face lit up when she saw the card she had chosen. "Oh goody! My favorite card!" The design was of a naked man and woman being overlooked by an angel. Beneath the picture was the roman numeral VI.

When it was his turn, Adam rolled his green eyes indifferently, "Let's just get this thing over with already..." He flipped it over, and got a card with the roman numeral VII. The design on this card was a man in a chariot being pulled by a pair of black and white sphinxies. "So... what does that mean? Am I gonna take a ride somewhere?"

Last edited:

Kat

Writer's block X_X
Fillan McKeiran – WereVamp
Pannis Public Library, Across from City Hall; Morning
Affected RP'ers: None

The morning sunlight streamed into the middle-aged building from tall windows, reflecting off polished oak tables and the glossy covers of relatively tasteful magazines. The number and position of the windows gave the Pannis Public Library the ability to keep most of the lights off during the day, saving the city a huge amount on their electric bills. The centerpiece of the room, a circular circulation desk of light brown oak, had been in place for seventy years; it had been installed in its current location on the advice of Michael Davis, a young man from a nearby town that had helped run the library in its early years. Given that Mr. Davis was, in fact, a certain vampire/wolf hybrid shadowmancer, the desk’s placement in a location untouched by direct sunlight at any time of day is understandable.

Fillan was thankful for his foresight almost every day, seeing as it was where he was usually stationed while working at the library. While he could withstand the sun for a time, unlike many of the others under the King’s command, he would still flambé after a while (the sun becoming more unbearable the higher it rose). Not having to worry about it while working made his part all the more easier to play.

As usual, he was the first in the building that Saturday morning, leaving him to check in/reshelve the books in the book drop and tidy up before Clara arrived to help around 8:30. Other than that, there wasn’t much to do, seeing as all the new books had been processed and shelved the previous evening, and the materials for the ‘Kids Love Reading’ literature initiative were all prepared for the children that would descend on the library that afternoon. As the clock rolled around to ten, and as he heard one of his coworkers arrive in the back, Fillan put down the worn leather journal he had been reading and stood, rolling over to the front doors and the large sign that stood facing them.

Clara had been skeptical as to the sign’s effectiveness at first; the drop in basic questions to the staff, not to mention the drop in the supernatural creature harassment, had quickly convinced the director. The text on the large piece of foamboard read:

TO ALL LIBRARY PATRONS AND VISITORS

Thank you for visiting the Pannis Public Library! In an effort to assist you better, please make note of the following information.

1. ORGANIZATION OF LIBRARY MATERIALS
    1. PERIODICALS AND AUDIOVISUAL MATERIALS are located behind the Circulation Desk.
    2. NONFICTION LOCAL HISTORY is located on both sides of Aisle 1, and the left side of Aisle 2, organized by author.
    3. NONFICTION SUPERNATURAL REFERENCE is located on the right side of Aisle 2 and the left side of Aisle 3, organized by author.
    4. ALL OTHER NONFICTION begins on the right side of Aisle 3, organized under the Dewey Decimal System.
    5. ALL ADULT FICTION is located on Aisles 17-28, organized by author. JUNIOR FICTION is located on aisles 29-35, organized by author.
    6. COMPUTER TERMINALS are located on either side of the main entrance.
    7. TABLES AND COMFORTABLE CHAIRS are arranged around the circulation desk.
  2. IMPORTANT LIBRARY POLICIES
    1. Food and drink is not permitted in the Library. The use of tobacco products is not allowed in the Library or within 15 feet of the front door.
    2. Due to past thefts, borrowing privileges are extended ONLY to Pannis residents. Proof of residency (utility bill, paystub, etc.) and a valid photo I.D. (with matching addresses) MUST be presented to receive a library card. Library cards are issued at the Circulation Desk. NO EXCEPTIONS!
      1. Black/White and Color copiers are available for use by visitors. Copies start at $0.05 for B/W and $0.15 for color, per page.
    3. Computers are available for public use, including word processing, spreadsheet and presentation creation, and Internet browsing.
      1. Please note that the library keeps track of websites visited, and certain websites are blocked to prevent minor access to inappropriate material. If you come across a blocked website that you feel has been incorrectly blocked, please inform the Circulation Desk and we will look into the matter.
    4. Causing disruptions to other library patrons, or to library staff, is grounds for immediate removal from the library. If you are asked to leave by a member of the library staff, please leave. Failure to do so will result in the police being called.
      1. This includes accusing members of the library staff, or any library patron, of being a supernatural creature. We are well aware of Pannis’ reputation of supernatural activity; however, most people take offence when accused of being a supernatural creature.

Accusing people in the library of being supernatural creatures (and then refusing to vacate the premises when requested) is the #3 way tourists get arrested in Pannis (followed by public intoxication and DUI/DWI). Don’t let it happen to you!
  3. REGARDING FINDING BOOKS
    1. Reference computers are available throughout the library to assist you in finding what you’re looking for. If you need additional assistance, please ask at the Circulation Desk.
    2. If you know the title of a specific book and the computer system says it’s on the shelf (but it isn’t), please let the Circulation Desk know. It may have been shelved incorrectly, just checked in, or have gone missing.
Noting that the sign was in order, Fillan turned around and pulled his normal set of keys out of his pocket before unlocking each of the front doors, flipping the sign on the middle door to OPEN as he did. The day’s first patrons began filtering in as he returned to his high chair at the desk; he nodded at one of his nameless coworkers as she sat down at the desk’s second computer station, waving back to a few early-morning regulars who had waved to him as they entered. Making sure no one needed immediate help, Fillan returned to his reading.

The Shadow Guardian, as he had learned from the Book of Shadows, was both useful and tricky. It acted as a guardian for a shadowmancer, capable of following simple commands and acting semi-autonomously from its creator; its form always reflected its creator in some capacity, and no two were recorded to be the same. According to the entry, however, most simply weren’t strong enough to keep the guardian formed for long, due to the level of power and skill needed to form the guardian in the first place.

It had taken more effort than he had ever before put into manipulating the shadows, but the large bipedal wolf that had taken form early that morning had been well worth the effort; Fillan instinctively knew that it was a reflection of his wolf form, a side of him that he had never seen. Unfortunately, he hadn’t been able to keep it active for more than about five minutes, and it had taken a good bit out of him (enough that, several hours later, he still wasn't back to 100%). As such, it was nowhere near combat ready, but it was an excellent start to his first new power in several years. He would have to practice more later.

Finishing his reading just as a patron began walking to the desk to check out some books, Fillan reached down with his foot and slid open a drawer of the circulation desk, dropping the journal in before closing it and bending down to lock it. Straightening, he smiled as the young woman presented her library card and chosen volumes (nothing from the first aisles, he noted) before he began checking the books out.

It was shaping up to be a quiet day. Just as he liked it.

OOC: Quick library description: Large rectangular building immediately opposite Town Hall. Tall windows in front, front doors in center. Circulation desk immediately opposite front doors in center of the main room. Computers on either side of the main doors, under the windows (so glare isn’t a problem). Tables and chairs arranged around the circulation desk, and shelves are arranged in a 2x8 pattern on the left side of the room (when facing the desk; these shelves are aisles 1-16, nonfiction); roughly the same pattern with three extra shelves is on the right (aisles 17-35, fiction). Periodicals and AV materials located behind the circulation desk, offices in the back. Hope that somewhat makes sense.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Iris Street, The Next Day -> Fortune Teller's
Affected RPers: Cadance & Adam (Monster Guy)

Diego Vendrix awoke pretty late. The sleep helped fill mroe energy needed to maintain control of his Kresnik side. He was disappointed he didn't find any vampires. Then again, instinct would have kicked in ad he would have fed on their blood. He sighed before he got up and stretched before putting on some more casual wear, though wearing also something of Kevlar underneath to serve as protection. He then walked out and looked around. He was wondering what to do regarding meal before he thought he saw some familiar faces.

Cadance and that halfwit Adam. They were entering into some sort of fortune teller's place. Why not go and drop with them. It'd be fun, he thought to himself.

He walked in and saw them have their fortune told along with Cadance kissing Adam on the cheek. Which bothered him for some reason. Alot.

He overheard the fortunes. "The VI card is for the Lovers, meaning romance, union and passion. The VII card is the Chariot, standing for Pride, Impulsivity, Bravery and Egocentrism," he says as he snuck from behind them. He waved to everyone there with a smile. "A good morning to everyone," he said as he sat next to Cadance before he looked at the cards. "Sorry to intrude, but I saw you guys enter and I couldn't help, but follow," he explained before he flipped open a card.

It was XIX, The Sun.

"Oh looky, I got the Sun. That stands for Optimism, Vitality and I think Enlightenment also," he said as he was pretty happy with what he got. He always liked the Sun card.

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Evgeniya Sergeyevna Chernova
Végzet Tarot and Fortunes
Affected RPers: Monster Guy (Cadence, Adam)

Evie peered at the cards that Cadence and Adam had picked out. The former's card depicted a nude couple with an angel over them, and she somehow seemed really pleased to have picked out said card, even though Evie was puzzled about its appeal.

"Your favorite? Really now, man?" She asked, unimpressed, pointing at the card with an almost accusatory finger. Had she picked that card out, she wouldn't have liked it at all. Erzsébet smiled, trying to hold back a chuckle at the older girl's reaction. Tapping her long nails on the card, she took it from Cadence's hands and held it up.

"A Szeretõk…The Lovers. Do you have…someone in mind? Your redheaded friend, perhaps?" She prodded, laughing at herself as she did. It was rare that men came to her shop, and she couldn't exactly help herself. "I kid, I kid," She said as she managed to get herself under control. "Anyway, yes, passion, attraction and perhaps even love might be in your path. But, it can also mean having your own set of convictions that you believe in. I advise you to always follow your heart in whatever choice you have to face and never be swayed by others, I see that you have a good and brave one in there. Always make the right choices down this dangerous path you may be taking…yes, even in love. Only give your heart to the one you're sure of, Innamorata, for there are ones who will manipulate, seduce and trick. Don't be fooled by appearances. I trust that you're wise enough, though." She said, grinning at Cadence once again as she slid the card over to the purple-clad girl. Evie gave Cadence a dark look, seeing that the old fortune-teller clearly favored the blonde witch.

'What did you do, koldun'ya? Hex her with some kind of love spell?" She growled not-so-subtly. The old woman hadn't bothered to change Cadence's lifestyle, which was saying something. Either Cadence was a righteous, princessy goody-two-shoes, or somehow, she was really good at hiding her more normal vices. Everyone had them, after all. Erzsébet didn't seem fazed if she heard Evie, however, as she proceeded to take Adam's card.

"A Diadal, or The Chariot. No, it doesn't literally mean that you're getting an actual ride, though you're definitely on a journey. Success and victory are in store for whatever conquest you really do set your heart to, all you have to do is give it all you got…and you must focus. Yes, even if a woman is what you seek. I can tell that this path is a dark and difficult one, and you'll especially need focus. Things are not what they appear, and while you have strength, you mustn't be too rash. When the time comes, you must prepare yourself…try not to be blinded, or success will elude you. Don't let haste judgment cloud you, or send you on the wrong path. The mind is an easily-influenced thing, remember that." She said as she handed the card back to Adam. Damn, did he really have to hear all that? Evie thought, her arms crossed as she shook her head. The rustle of curtains distracted her as someone entered. Looking back, she saw that it was Diego, who was starting to describe the cards he saw in Cadence's and Adam's hands. Without bothering to take a seat, he reached out for a card. As he was standing up, he had to flip the card upside down to read it.

"Oh looky, I got the Sun. That stands for Optimism, Vitality and I think Enlightenment also," He said. What he didn't know was that the card wasn't facing its original orientation. It was initially reversed, and reversed cards also had a meaning. Erzsébet looked at him and shook her head, taking the card and flipped it back to its upside down position.

"It's a reversed card. Not that it entirely destroys the meaning of A Nap. It is not a bad omen, but things aren't so certain and wouldn't come too easy. You shouldn't be too confident, and too sure of yourself or else you'll be your own demise. It could also mean that something is bothering you…do you feel a dip in your confidence lately? Well, you must never let anything or anyone you down. Keep your chin up, and you'll be able to find more success. Don't think yourself able to handle everything easily…to be laid-back can be a dangerous thing sometimes. Remember however, that there is always a light at the end of darkness." She warned, before giving him the card and smiling to reassure him.

"Another disappearance? Looks like these kinds of things are getting more common, kid." Evie overheard a man commenting just outside the shop. Not bothering to excuse herself, she got up so that she could catch the conversation. Was this about what she saw last night? It had to be, it just had to.

"Yeah, looks like the mayor's asking for…Hunters...uh…" A younger male voice replied, which was followed by the rustling of paper. "Slayers, yeah, that's what they are, to storm that castle over there. Want a paper?" He continued. Evie picked up the sound of the clinking of coins, and footsteps shuffling away. Was it true? Evie would have gone to the castle even without authorization, but assurance that she wasn't going to be delayed from her search by getting holed up in some cell was something even she admitted was good. Wanting to know what was up, she rushed out of the shop. One of her bag's zippers was open, and she did not notice that her card had fluttered out and landed on the carpeted floor of the shop.

"You! Paper, now!" She called out, taking out some coins and not bothering to count them. There were more important matters at hand. The boy, who couldn't be more than fifteen, bobbed his head up and down as he handed her the paper and accepted the coins. Evie held the newspaper in front of her, reading it quickly. She didn't have to search carefully, as once she saw the headline, the word "Slayers" stood out to her. Tossing aside the newspaper, she found herself running towards the end of the street, hoping to reach the castle, and perhaps find her brother if she was lucky.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Cadence Amoré - Magical Slayer
Adam Hayes - Slayer
Végzet Tarot and Fortunes
Affected RPers: Jean, DVB

For some reason, Evie wasn't too impressed with the card Cadence had picked out. "Of course it's my favorite! You can't go wrong with love, right?" She couldn't imagine any reason why Evie would have such a reaction to The Lovers. It was a generally seen as a positive card. She also hoped this meant that the right guy for her would make his presence known. Not that anyone could ever truly replace Valentino, but someone similar would be nice...

Erzsébet took the card out of Cadence's hand, and held it up. "A Szeretõk…The Lovers. Do you have…someone in mind? Your redheaded friend, perhaps?" The Fortune Teller asked while laughing.

Cadence couldn't help giggling herself. She just found it hilarious that the fortune teller would think she and Adam were a couple. "Well, he's cute and all, but... nah. He's not quite my type... Besides, I have someone else in mind for him." She replied.

"Come again?" Adam looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

"Hehe, oh nothing you need to be worried about." She replied, smiling coyly.

"I kid, I kid," She said as she managed to get herself under control. "Anyway, yes, passion, attraction and perhaps even love might be in your path. But, it can also mean having your own set of convictions that you believe in. I advise you to always follow your heart in whatever choice you have to face and never be swayed by others, I see that you have a good and brave one in there. Always make the right choices down this dangerous path you may be taking…yes, even in love. Only give your heart to the one you're sure of, Innamorata, for there are ones who will manipulate, seduce and trick. Don't be fooled by appearances. I trust that you're wise enough, though." She said, grinning at Cadence once again as she slid the card over to the purple-clad girl.

Cadence grined brightly in return. She was genuinely mpressed by how accurate that reading was. "Thank you so much! I'll do my best to follow through!"

Evie still wasn't impressed. "What did you do, koldun'ya? Hex her with some kind of love spell?" She growled not-so-subtly.

The blonde witch frowned and shook her head. She would never Hex someone like that. Sure, spells that made someone more attractive were one thing, but to force someone to love you just to manipulate them seemed wrong. "Nah, those kind of Love Spells aren't really my thing. They're too complicated, messy, and it just ends up with too many hearts broken..."

The fortune teller than proceeded to take Adam's card. Adam only half paid attention to what Erzsébet had to say. He listened intently when she mentioned success and victory, as those were the kind of things he wanted to hear. Then he tuned her out once the part about things not being what they appeared came up. Mainly because he got bored sitting there listening to all this talking. As far as he was concerned, all he heard was another adult bossing him around. God, how long is this gonna take? If I wanna hear old people talk forever, I could've just gone to school. Ugh, why the hell did I agree to do this in the first place?

Then they heard the rustle of curtains, as Diego entered. Cadence waved hello, but Adam didn't acknowledge his presence, at first. He just sat there with his arms crossed. Then, he started to describe the cards he saw in Cadence's and Adam's hands. To which Adam rolled his eyes. The other guy reminded him of the arrogant smartasses he had gone to school with. Just like that nerdy Vampire he had punched out last night. He hated know it alls like him. What made it even worse was that he seemed way too desperate to get with Cadence. Like he really stood a chance. "You could help it. Just don't walk in. It's not that hard. We were doing just fine on our own."

This prompted Cadence to nudge the redhead in the arm. "Adam, hush! Don't be rude. The two of you could at least try to get along."

Adam rolled his green eyes again, but didn't respond. Without bothering to take a seat, Diego reached for a card, and got The Sun. Normally a positive card, but his was in the reversed position... which was still not that bad. Erzsébet warned him not to get too confident or he could else he could lead to his own demise. It was almost similar to the warning that Adam got.

"The two of you would do well to take her advice." Cadence advised the two boys.

Adam did not want to hear any of this. He rolled his eyes again, and started tapping his foot impatiently. "Yeah, yeah whatever. Can we just get on with it? I wanna go already!"

---

After thanking Erzsébet for the reading, and putting their Tarot cards away, they turned to see that Evie had taken off. There was also another tarot card face down on the floor. Cadence was the first to notice it, and pick it up. "She dropped her card. I wonder where she took off to in such a hurry?"

Adam peered over her shoulder, and saw that this card depicted an old bearded man sitting on a throne, along with the roman numeral IV. This caused Adam to laugh out loud. "Ha! Are you crazy?! There's no way that can be hers! This card has some old dude on it!"

Cadence winced, and once again nudged Adam on his arm. "The Emperor has nothing to do with gender! I've done readings with my brothers, and they've gotten High Priestess and The Empress, respectively."

Adam simply laughed even louder this time. He found that revalation to be absolutely hilarious. "Haha, really?! Well, your brothers must be a couple of pussies then!"

The twenty year old didn't bother dignifying that comment with a response. She merely glared at the redheaded slayer, and left the shop in a huff.

Adam sighed, and rubbed his temples in frustration. "Jeez, I was just kidding. God, some chicks can't take a joke!"

She soon found Evie reading a newspaper at a stand outside the shop. Before she had a chance to give back her card, the other woman took off, tossing the paper aside after reading it for only a few seconds. "Hm, I wonder what that was about." She picked up the newspaper off the ground, and started to read the article on the front. "Oh dear..." The article was calling for all slayers to storm the castle. The Mayor's nephew and one of his friends had gone missing... Was Evie seriously going to storm the castle now? But, she was a human, alone, and completely untrained. She may have been tough, but there was no way she could survive against a castle full of monsters by herself.

As Cadence was scanning the paper for all the details, Adam had caught up to Cadence. "Alright alright, I'm sorry about the pussy thing. Could ya not be pissed with me. Yer much hotter when you smile." When Cadence didn't reply, Adam peered over her shoulder, and looked at the article she was reading. Adam didn't bother to read the entire thing. Once he saw the words Slayers, and Storm the Castle, his face lit up excitedly. "Oh, hell yes! It's action time baby!" And with that, he ran off in the same direction Evie had taken off in, before Cadence had a chance to say otherwise.

"Seriously? Did you not listen to anything she said?" Cadence sighed once she realized he wasn't going to comply, and that he had already taken off. She put the paper on the newsstand counter, and turned to Diego. "What did I tell you. Those two are just perfect for each other! Anyway, I don't suppose you want to go after them before they hurt themselves?" She gestured for him to follow, then took off running. She was grateful that she opted not to wear heels today.

Last edited:

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Iris Street, The Next Day -> Fortune Teller's
Affected RPers: Cadance & Adam (Monster Guy)

Diego took a breath. He didn't like Adam at all. He reminded him of all those arrogant casanova wannabes from high school. His anger became filled with anxiety when he heard the mysterious fortune from the fortune teller. The card didn't seem upsidedown, but it looked like this worried him. He knew that being part Kresnik was not all needed to be a good slayer. Confidence... heh, he had barely enough. He let out a breath. This power... he wasn't even half of Kresnik. He was only enough for notciable powers. He was probably only like 10% of it. He didn't have the power over nature or any other hyperhuman ablities.

He knew his organization was collecting the data from him and making stronger anti-vampire soldiers. He let out a breath. He snapped out of his worry as he turned toward Adam with a look of annoyance.

When he heard Adam's crack at Cadence's brothers, he shook his head. "No, bonehead. It's because it wasn't a joke. It was just you being a jerk," he pointed out to him before he followed Adam to catch up to Cadence. Diego then looked at him before he saw him run off in the same direction as Evie. He sighed before he shook his head, He'd try and get along with the guy, but he wasn't sure if he even could.

"Yeah, though both have some growing up to do," Diego noted to her before he signed. "That eerie sound of the prophecy is worrying me. I try my best, but I'm afraid of failing, especially when things are getting bad," he mentioned privately to Cadance as he ran up alongside her.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Donar - Vampire King
Castle, Tower > Master Bedroom
Morning

Donar lay under the covers staring at the ceiling. Normally he'd be asleep right now. Well, he'd still had been asleep if it wasn't for the dreams. Dreams that left him ill at ease. Dreams of. . . hmm. Well, maybe it wasn't really the dreams, this was the same sort of feeling he'd had the night before. That old feeling he hadn't had in so long. Was something coming?

Ridiculous. What in this world could threaten the Vampire King? Still, he called out telepathically to his guards and Violet in the garden, just in case, 'Has anyone been by?'

Violet was quick with her sassy reply, 'The gardens are clear, Master. . . if you can call this tangle of dead plants, clear.'

Yes, the gardens had suffered, hadn't they? Well, that couldn't be helped much. After all the gardener had died a long time ago. He was one of the first to go, he could cut roses beautifully, but his sword skills were dismal. Pity that Donar should be the only one left, and left hiding from the sun, at that. He'd needed something to eat so badly that night, even more than he was repulsed by the bodies of his comrades. So much blood.

Other reports came in telepathically, no trespassers beyond the usual ill-prepared tourists. Donar drew his hands up under his head with a sigh. One less thing on his mind. Of course, that had to be it, that was what was keeping him up, he was just over-thinking things. He needed to relax, get some sleep, maybe a 'midnight' snack would help, he ordered his guards, 'Send up the next tourist.'