• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Castle of the Vampire King (Rated R)

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Kiruria - (Bianca Melancholy - Vampire): Accepted
- You should maybe have described her looks a bit more, if she’s now so much prettier.
- Please note that hypnotic powers require victims permission. I’m sure you know this by now, just giving everyone fair warning.
“…some scientists speculate…” Lol

(Lily Mayberry - Succubus): Accepted
- Mind the R-rating instruction in the rules, kay?

Cosmic Fury

Evil Overlord
I've had some terrible writer's block lately. I'm trying to get something up and running soon, and hopefully I'll have something by the end of the weekend. Thanks for bearing with me!

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I think we have enough Slayers. but we need more civilians, if you're interested.

Mr. Owl

Wings of Wisdom
I'll work on a sign-up for a civilian who was recently turned into a werewolf. He was captured and placed in the castle as a prisoner while searching for the werewolf that attacked him. I should have the form up by later on today. Would this be okay since this would make him more of a monster?

If not, then I have an idea for a curious civilian who would have to use his wits to survive and maybe eventually become some sort of slayer or vampire or other supernatural creature.

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I'm don't know if Vampiratmace would approove but.. She'll be back by the end of the week.
Sounds really cool though

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
I'm afraid I have to retract my previous post about signing up. I've been off work sick the past week and I just can't get my head in the game to write anything properly. My apologies.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
@ Cosmic Fury: Okay, just let me know when you’re done.

@ Mr. Owl: There actually is a Slayer spot open. However either of your other ideas would be acceptable as well, as long as they were done well.

@ RaZoR LeAf: Alright, thanks for letting me know.

Cosmic Fury

Evil Overlord
I'm about to be out of Internet service for three weeks. I'll have my sign up done when I get back.

Mr. Owl

Wings of Wisdom
Name: Maxence LeBlanc

Character Group: Slayer (Shadow Magic User)

Powers:
Shadowstep: Maxence can dash through shadows and appear a short distance away from his original position.

Traps:
Snaring Shadows: Shadows hold target in place. Stronger targets have an easier time of escaping.
Biting Shadows: Instead of shadows grasping the target, spikes shoot out of the ground to hurt the target. This technique is developed later.

Nether Blades: Maxence can summon blades of shadow to throw at enemies or circle around him.

Nightshade: Maxence can place elemental enchantments on his weapons. This only applies to poison and shadow elements.

Arcane Bolt: Maxence hurls a bolt of dark energy that slams against targets.

Hunter's Grace: Maxence’s agility and speed are near superhuman levels, but he’s not as swift as an actual supernatural creature.

Hunter's Insight: Maxence is very good at tracking creatures down based upon their habits and his own experience.

Weaknesses:
Fragility: Maxence isn’t as physically tough and relies on dodging to fight effectively.

Ranger: Relies on ranged combat a lot. He is crafty up close, but he is best at a distance.

Appearance: Maxence is a tall and lean man. His body is becoming more muscular and defined by the day. His skin is brown and clear of any blemishes. There is a scar over his right eyebrow from a wound that he received during a barfight. Maxence has a face that can be described as charming to some and smarmy to others. Maxence isn’t above using his looks to get his way, with women or men. His thick eyebrows are angled downwards, giving him a perpetually annoyed expression. Maxence has a bit of mixed ancestry, Scottish, African, and French. His eyes are naturally a striking green with flecks of brown and seem to convey emotions intensely. His black, short hair is trimmed into a neat crew cut. He also has a bit of scruff around his chin, giving him a rugged charisma.

Maxence dresses functionally, but he does appreciate the finer things in life. He usually wears a leather jacket of some sort, over a henley shirt. He has many pairs of dark jeans, and a plethora of boots. He is currently wearing a burgundy shirt with a brown leather jacket, a dark pair of denim jeans, and a pair of brown boots. He carries a black backpack that contains an assortment of supplies. He often wears an expensive pair of gloves to hide his fingerprints.

However, he also has slayer attire, and this is much more suitable for combat with demons. His armor is focused on allowing Maxence to remain agile and swift. It consist mainly of leather with a few metal pieces here and there. He wears a pair of leather pants tucked into a pair of boots. The armor on his torso covers his arms and goes up to his neck, to avoid any spontaneous vampire bites. There are metal pieces of armor on his shoulders, forearms, and shins. He has a hood attached to his armor for stealth purposes.

Personality: Not much is known about Maxence, and that’s just how he likes it. He doesn’t usually stay around long enough for people to get to know much about him. Maxence is known for his sharp wit and heavy use of sarcasm, which can annoy people to a great degree. He is very polite, but even behind this there is a slight hint of pretension.

Maxence mocks people often, especially when it suits him to do so. With his pragmatic skill, charismatic presence, and agile moves, he’s made quite a name for himself in the network of slayers. Maxence is all about survival, and if he finds himself in a situation that seems impossible, you can bet he’ll find a way to get out of it.

Maxence is a manipulative person, and it would be smart for people not to trust him. However, with a wink of the eye and a few well-meaning words, people melt like chocolate in the sun. Doling out a few bucks here and there helps, too. Maxence prides himself on understanding the nature of people. He knows what they desire, and he uses that to his advantage. Maxence is a thrill-seeker, and he follows his intuition quite often. He thinks quickly and adapts his plans on the fly often.

Maxence doesn’t actively wish ill upon anyone, but if you’re in between him and his goal, then you are an enemy. Otherwise, he’ll help out the group that can best help him. It’s wise not to cross him.

History: Maxence lead a rather uneventful life until he reached the age of sixteen. Sure, his family moved a lot, and he had a hard time building connections with others, but all of this paled in comparison to what he would happen upon. Maxence was always under impression that his parents were traveling for work. When he saw his dad stab a man with a wooden stake and his mother decapitate a woman, and both victims dissolve into ash, it was obvious that something strange was happening.

This was when Maxence was inducted into the family business. He was taught about supernatural creatures and their methods. He was trained in the way of using weapons that could destroy creatures that children were raised to fear. Maxence was a quick study. He had to be since it was likely that he would eventually be target by werewolves, vampires, and whatever else his parents had angered at some point in time. It was during this time that Maxence became adept at tracking the supernatural, a skill he picked up from his parents. He figured it would be better to find them before they found him.

Maxence’s parents believed that in order to fight the creatures of the night, you needed to understand them fully. This meant that they dabbled in the use of shadow magic that would allow them to accomplish incredible feats during battle. This also put them at risk for corruption. Shadow magic is powerful, but it can be addictive. His mother is quite the example of such a person that relies too heavily on magic. She’s a bit sadistic to say the least. This was what lead to her downfall as she was killed in battle by a demon that she toyed with instead of banishing. To avoid this from happening to him, Maxence is learning how to use light magic to balance things out.

Maxence spent the next few years learning more about slaying, before venturing off on his own. His father seemed beyond repair after his mother’s death. He started to come back around after a few months, but there is still a hint of sorrow that lingers around him. Maxence still keeps in contact with his dad. He has set off for Pannis to help clear the town of any supernatural threats that could be lurking in the shadows.

Equipment:
Pair of ring daggers
Throwing knives
Crossbow

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Mr. Owl (Maxence LeBlanc): Pending… couple issues
- Okay, while I’m cool with the idea of a slayer having dark powers (kind of like Helsing in the movie ‘Bram Stoker’s Dracula’ which is nothing like Stoker’s book...) please chose a light or dark affinity, having both is kind of power hording (poison blades can fall under dark powers).
- Hair color? Is eye color natural or contacts?
- There’s nothing about when/how he learned his tracking skills, I assume it was from his parents, but there should be something about it.

Mr. Owl

Wings of Wisdom
I've edited my sign-up accordingly and expanded on the trap power. If this isn't okay, I can remove the new ability.

katiekitten

The Compromise
Hey!

Can a late comer join the party? I'll make sure I'm fully caught up before inserting myself (if you choose to accept me of course ;3).

(GOLDENHOUOU IS THAT YOU I SWEAR WE KEEP ON SEEING EACH OTHER EVERY COUPLE OF YEARS. consistency, we need consistency... probably primarily my fault, though, I've been useless at keeping up with anything recently. ;_; )

I'm working on an application just in case. :) Monster. Civilian to come later.

Last edited:

katiekitten

The Compromise
Name: Girl.

Age and Gender: She has been permanently shifted since the age of 11, and therefore she remains that old mentally and, due to her time being spent solely as an animal, physically, despite her technical age (it’s been four years) - her time shifted passed as a series of dreams, filled with instinct, sensation, survival. However, in recent months, since being drawn to Pannis away from her usual territory (the drier grasslands beyond the woods), the sights and smells of civilisation have been triggering memories, feelings and thoughts that had been previously been buried.

Character Group: Feral shape-shifter, non-aligned as of yet.

Abilities: Very adept at being a Steppe Polecat. Great at sniffing out and catching squirrels, even if the fact that they can climb to get away is new to her, having spent the majority of the past five years catching the burrowing variety.

Otherwise, she is a shape-shifter, but doesn't really know the full implications of that – she had only learned how to take one form when the accident happened. Accelerated healing as a result of her shifting abilities in general, however, and when she masters the ability she can adopt the form of any animals (although she finds it very difficult to nuance the specific characteristics she adopts, hence trying to change into specific other humans in nigh on impossible for her at the moment). The shift is difficult, generally - once in the form, it takes control to prevent the instincts and the new sensations overwhelming the shifter - and as she is quite young, traumatised and new at it all, she became trapped and went feral - for the most part willingly. It is only with willpower that she'll drag herself back out of it, as well, but that means she'll have to deal with what she successfully has been running from these past four years.

I doooo know more about what exactly she is, but I’d rather not reveal it quite yet. I will message you about it, though, if you want. :3

Weaknesses: Mortal weaknesses - hunger, dehydration, poisoning, etcetera. Also doesn't like sticks of Sorghum, or fennel - although once she chooses an 'alignment', she will adopt one of them as a weapon. Nothing wrong with silver, as she isn't a werewolf.

Appearance:

Human form: Skinny, evidently a little malnourished, she is nevertheless four foot, but is unlikely to be much taller than five foot once she's fully grown. Her face is slighlty gaunt despite its wide cheekbones, an unnerving look for a child, and it makes her monolid eyes look larger. Her skin is a light olive, her eye colour an indeterminate grey-green, the colour of a clouding sky. She has a mop of tangled back hair that reaches her mid-back where it is not knotted and bunched around her shoulders – once she fully shifts back, she will cut most of her hair off until it curls slightly around her ears.

I’ll update this with an outfit once she gets one.

Shifted form: A small, steppe polecat. Looks like a large ferret with creamy-white underpelt with a black, although thinner, overcoat. The underpelt darkens to black around the shoulders and remains black along all four legs and paws. The tip of the tail is black as well. The face is mainly black furred/skinned with a shock of creamy fur across the eyes. Large teeth. Physically, her shift is indistinguishable - it is her mannerisms and the behaviour that act as her 'tell'. She has a tendency of lingering at the edges of human settlements to watch the inhabitants, rather than to scavenge, and the way she watches something that has caught her attention belies her submerged intelligence and consciousness. It's her gaze, primarily, that gives her away. This has only become more prevalent recently, however.

Personality:

She was a cheeky child, careless, but sensitive – superstitious despite herself, due to her grandmother’s tutelage, and also fairly conservative for the same reasons - she has the values of an old soviet babushka. As a result she is reluctant to lie, or go against her principles, and refuses to be swayed by empathy – colder, in that way. Stubborn. Fearful, but will try to be brave in such cases.

Following her grandmother’s death and her time shifted, however, while these elements remain, her self-confidence and sense of self has been shattered – she was feral, completely animal, for three full years – at first as a coping mechanism, an embracing of her instincts as a way to block out what she’d seen and experienced, but the life quickly absorbed her itself – she began to forget, without realising it, her other life, and although at times she’d remember her mother, her friends – in her new life she didn’t really have family, friends. She was a solitary hunter and it was so hard to concentrate on these duller memories without the scents and sensations that filled her life now, and in such alien colours, that it was easier to let it all slide away together. Unable to shift back, she did after a few months try and return home, but couldn’t find her way back to the city. Very insular, loss of empathy – self-protection focused. Finds it difficult to trust.

History:

Her father is an unknown soldier from the Russian peacekeeper forces stationed in Transnistria, her mother a Russian speaker whose family had migrated to Soviet Chișinău in the post-war period as part of one of the the state’s programs of incentivised migration, in the wake of the demographic losses the region had suffered under the combined impacts of the Second World War and Stalinist repression, arrests and deportations. Her family doesn’t have a history, as far as she knows, of supernatural abilities: Her mother’s family were civilians, although her grandmother would tell her tales about the Ле́ший and, if she’d been particularly bad, the strigoii mort, the undead sinners who’d, like her, been born with the caul and who were doomed by their bad behaviour to haunt the countryside until the end of days. Her grandmother would always relent before her tearing gaze, however, and console her with lighter stories, stories of ended floods and village heroes, pressing the pouch that held the girl’s dried caul firmly in her hands with a comforting smile.

The girl grew up primarily under the care of her grandmother in the city, as her mother, due to job-scarcity, lived and worked in Russia, sending back her pay check monthly and returning in person when she could. She is bilingual, and speaks Russian and Romanian (with Russian being her mother tongue), and has a little English, although the time she spent shifted has further undermined her knowledge of it. Before the accident, she lived a relatively normal life, spending the majority of her time meandering through the meagre woodland that encroached the city limits with her friends after school. She’d had dreams of the shift – of tumbling over her paws in pursuit of the local stray dog packs, of scaling her school roof and batting at long lost, deflated balls with a cat’s claws – but those episodes had been brief, broken by daybreak and flitting from her memories, the products, her mother had told her affectionately one rare July weekend walking along the sunsoaked Alley of the Classics, of too many fairytales.

She has an arbitrary fondness for Steppe Polecats that ended up driving her first change. She’d only previously seen a polecat behind bars during her trips to the zoo – it was pretty, when it wasn’t hidden in its manmade burrow in the corner of its pen and she’d liked how soft its fur looked, and how it looked like it was wearing the reverse of a ninja mask, the dark of its eyes stark against the shock of ashen-white that flared around its nose. When the accident had happened, she and her grandmother had been taking a crowded bus north from the city to visit an old family friend - when a truck had driven out of control into lower right hand side of the bus, they’d been sloping through the rolling hills of the Bălţi steppe, the cultivated fields of farmland and grassland just beginning to wax gold in the late summer heat – where the polecat’s lived, she’d thought, pressing her finger against a smudge on the window.

She can remember how the blue of the sky and the gold and the green had spun and splurged themselves together into an ugly, sooty red that had dripped painfully into her eyes as the bus had seemed to just fall apart. She remembers being surrounded by the smell of faint flowers and the slight tang of pickles – her grandmother’s smell, her grandmother’s arms wrapped securely around her shoulders, cradling her head against her chest. She remembers the silence beneath her ear that seemed to dig a place for itself in her own beating heart, remaining loud and unignorable despite the screams and metallic shrieks and crunches that still surrounded them – one of them her own voice, calling for her grandmother, hands pawing at unresponsive features. She remembers the crumpled metal siding that pinned her beside her grandmother, freedom a small square of sunlight sparkling off of broken glass.
She’d clung to the thought of dark eyes in a white mask, a body sleek enough to wriggle under and out and into the surrounding fields, and shrugged into a reality outside of the wet weight of her grandmother’s body on top of her.

Shaking, struggling to pull itself through the wreckage, a small polecat limped into the dusty fields.

Alrighty, that's it for the time being...! I'm still doing research into PTSD, so the personality field will be more fleshed out in a bit, but I wanted to pass the mythology by you first. There are a few quirks there that I can explain, but would rather do it over message. :) Although if people guess anyway I'm going to be sad....

ALSO you mentioned Europe, I assumed Eastern Europe/Romania, but it doesn't overly matter, she had a good long while to wander around anyway. :x In any case, there remains the issue of what languages are spoken in this rural backwater. I'm prepared for my little feral girl to be nigh-on non-understandable, I can deal with that, I knew that was a key issue in making her so young and giving her the background she has. I was just wondering if you had an idea? I don't actually know any romanian, sadly, and have only a rudimentary knowledge of Russian so far, so don't worry I'm not going to be switching languages.

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Katiekitten (???) - Pending. . .
- Give us something to call her, even if it's 'varmint'
- Sounds like you need to message me the details of what she is, if she isn't just a shape-shifter.
- Eye color, skin color, height? Does her shape-shifting have a tell? Such as eyes staying the same?
- If you're doing PTSD, do it well! It needs to be respectful and accurate.
- Language should be a non-issue if possible, the idea being that while the villagers may have a native language, both they and the foreigners tend to speak English. The exact country was left unspecified on purpose.

katiekitten

The Compromise
I'm also concerned about representing her heritage as an ethnic Russian Moldovian as respectfully and accurately as possible, and was planning on keeping an eye on both. ;) Message sent. <3 I have also added more to her appearance - better?

Last edited: