• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Castlevania: Call of Darkness (SU thread, PG-13)

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
@Lost: An origami illusionist, sounds fun. Although i would like to know more about the cult she belongs to. You can send that info in a PM if you want to keep mysterious. Accepted.

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
Yeah, I'll send you a PM about her later. Butterflies and Origami, what could possible go wrong?

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
...the butterflies are going to kill everybody. They are evil things in SotN.

Zalck

Back Again...
Any chance I can still sign up? I can get a sign-up in at the latest tonight.

Sorry, School started and I hadn't gotten on all week.

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
If you can still get one together in a few days, sure, I'll take a late SU. We haven't gotten far enough to make it troublesome to add someone.

Zalck

Back Again...
Name: John Paul Faber the IX
Role: Heir of Darkness

Description:
JP trained through a lot of his life, something his parents always required of him. He his very fit, standing at 6’ 4” and 195 lbs. A very attractive fellow, always sought by the ladies, his skin tanned nicely in the California sun. He had blue eyes, and dark, red hair. HIs body structure was wide and tall, giving of an ‘aura’ of masculinity. Not that he was overly cocky or a douchebag, but it was clear he was strong and confident. He had a strange birthmark too the lower left of his bellybutton, a strange scar-like tissue that seemed to shape a hooked-X.
He dressed often dressed in white garb, very conservative. Button up shirts and black pants were basically the standard garb. He keeps a backpack with him at all times to keep his necessary items with him.

Personality: If you asked anyone about JP, they’d probably just say ‘He’s a nice guy.’ Not that JP had been around too many people. He treated everyone with respect, but no one really seemed to know the ‘real’ JP. Though respectful and loyal, JP always had some kind of mysterious distance to him; as though his body was here but his mind was not. He would often times sit off to the side by himself, lost in his own land of make-believe that no-one else could visit. Contemplative by nature, JP always asked those random questions others wouldn’t think of, the kind that usually started with ‘What if...’ This often would lead others to assume JP was an ‘oddball’ or ‘a day dreamer.’ The latter was a pretty fair description of him.
JP often contemplated the morality of life. How he viewed his family, friends, acquaintances, and even his enemies. His family were temporary; a means to an end. They were his teachers and his guides, but nothing more. That is what he was taught to believe. His friends, irreplaceable. JP’s friends were the very reason for him to be. His acquaintances were not important either, more of tools or stepping stones. JP always considered his enemies to be a large part of what drove him. He felt a necessity to overcome those who wished him hate and harm.
Overcoming obstacles in general was something that motivated JP to continue. He often fought to overcome things which stood in his way. His upbringing has made him vigilant, and a bit unforgiving. His belief in sacrificing for the greater good can lead to utilitarianism, which oftentimes can be seen as a dark path to travel...

History: John Paul had a very unique childhood. Raised by two devout Catholics, who home-schooled him, including physical training. Living in Beverly Hills, JP got some interaction with other kids; at church and with the others whose parents were like Johns. Needless to say, John Paul didn’t think his childhood was weird at all.
At the age of 14, John Paul was placed in a private Catholic school, where he garnered his social skills (especially with the other sex) and learned what real life was like.
That same year, JP’s father began to train him in weaponry and sword play. Although JP thought it was really cool, as did any teenage guys his age, he didn’t find it practical. His father explained that all would be explained in due time, but often JP thought his father lived in a fantasy world.
Through high school, JP was with the popular clique although he was never the most popular. He had many girlfriends, and was pretty well liked by everyone. A football, basketball, and track star, many people had their eyes on JP for many years. He lost homecoming king to one of his best friends his Senior year. Even though JP thought he had put much, much more into trying to win, he ultimately lost because of his indifference to those who were not close enough to be his ‘friends.’
At 18, many colleges were recruiting JP, trying to get him on various sports teams. His father, however, revealed to JP the course he had to take. JP’s parents were part of a special religious sect, called the Lightsworn, dedicated to preserving justice and light in the world. While JP did not completely believe his father, still believing him to live in a fantasy world. His father allowed him to take four year absence from his training, to go enjoy himself at college, but he urged him to take his weapons and faith with him. As a final gift before JP departed for college (He had picked a smaller college to play Basketball at for four years), his mother gave him two gifts; a bible translated into a special runic language only known to their sect, and a special cross that bears the symbol of the Lightsworn. JP’s mother told him to hold fast to his faith, and that the cross would save him in his greatest need.
JP had spent about 3 months at his college, just about to start the Basketball season. He hadn’t been sleeping for the past few nights; he never slept well around full moons.

Weapon Types: General background in fighting with various weapons. His father had taught him a unique, two-blade method to using swords. His left hand holds a broader blade backwards, defensively using the hookblade to defend and disarm, while his right hand uses a swift and thin katana-type blade for quick reaction after disarming an opponent.

Equipment:
  • A broad hookblade (Justice) and a swift katana (Judgment). Both have enchantments, but JP does not know how to use these enchantments, and he may or may not ever learn.
  • A bible, with a unique translation only readable by those within the Lightsworn sect. JP can read some of it, but is still learning the translation.
  • A metal cross bearing the insignia of the lightsworn
    His cell phone, an old slide phone only capable of calls and texts.

Skills: Very little light magic; mostly in the art of general defense, spells designed to dispel darkness. Nothing specific.

Castle Area: Chapel
This area appears a holy area reserved for worship of a revered deity. In this area, one enters to a room filled with light and warmth, with a tall statuette in the center. Pews line the area, with a few cleric-types kneeling in prayer, faces down. The further you enter the room, the darker it seems to grow. Not noticeable, mind you, but darker and colder. Somehow, though, you are drawn to the altar in the middle. The room grows darker and darker, but you are transfixed to the middle. You reach the altar, feeling a need to kneel and pray to this deity. As you kneel down to pray, a quiet noise behind you distracts you. You glimpse movement from your eyes. You turn, to see the clerics, all standing, facing you, staring at you with rotten, mutated faces. A stare that sends horror straight to your soul. Defend yourself, or your soul will be the next sacrificed for their demon lord.
So, basically a room based on the duality of light and dark, and luring you in to be attacked.

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
@Zalck: Interesting, someone trained partly as a defender but pulled in as an heir... The main issue I have with this John is that it's unclear if his parents are simply training him as a Lightsworn Defender of Light (in which case, why haven't they taught him about the supernatural yet?) or if they suspect something about the dark power he has. I can understand both: having a family while being a defender tends to get monsters targeting them. Meanwhile, his parents or someone else in Lightsworn could have detected the dark magic becoming active in him in the past year and so they've been particularly worried. Keep this in mind and I'll accept JP. Although there is another heir named John, haha.

It's been established within the game thread that it's summer for the northern hemisphere, so unless he's in a summer program, he'd have been in college for more than three months. There's also a chapel area already, but since Diego's area a Mesoamerica-Asian blend and JP's area is definitely Catholic, I can make it work.

Zalck

Back Again...
Sounds good! He'll refer to himself as JP or John, so that's cool. As far as the Lightsworn go, they definitely would have had suspicions, but nothing that actually alerted them to JP's predicament. The Lightsworn begin true training (magic, supernatural, etc.) at the age of 24, so while parents prepare their children to join the order, they can't actually join and learn the secrets until they are older. That's how I envisioned the Lightsworn working, anyways.

It's funny, I've got a whole back story and inner workings for this sect that barely exists. Lel.

I thought someone else had a Chapel! I skimmed and skimmed, but must have just continually passed over it. You don't have to work this one in, if it's a pain or anything. No big deal to me!

And on the College thing: He'll have been at College for two months for sports practices. That's how I'll handle it.

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
All right. And actually, since JP is an Heir, he does need an area of the castle that belongs to him. It's part of how Castlevania works, which I'm basing of events in Harmony of Dissonance. And because I need somewhere to stick a boss specifically for him. If you want to change it from a chapel, just let me know through here, the discussion threat, or a message. We haven't gone far into the castle, so I can still change things.

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
I don't like being able to edit posts... although that discussion threat type is hilarious. Discussion thread, I mean, lol.