• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Castlevania CoD Discussion

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
Eh, trying to fit to the seven deadly sins, you have to find not just one that could fit but the one that is their biggest failing. Most people are going to have some of each of those sins, but for most one or two would be the ones with the biggest hold on them. That said, Rapunzel would definitely fall under Sloth.

As a note on the familiars, I'm going to lean more towards the Innocent Devil style from Curse of Darkness just because I'm more familiar with that. Though I think I'll have Masquarade's work more off of the personal energy thing and have Rapunzel's summon-types work like the Innocent Devils.

Quick question about the Teleport Talismans. Does the user have to be near a teleporter to use them and do they have to teleport to another device or is it essentially free reign to warp around?

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
@TSR: The talismens can warp you from anywhere, but you can only warp to one of the teleport devices. If you look at the map, I have a little black 'x' for all the devices. Not the red 'x' marks, those are something else. There are some areas that are locked or sealed off, so you might not be able to go far if you warp to one of those locations.

I mean to message you about which locations would be reasonable to go to at this point, but if Masquerade doesn't want to talk to Death right now, I'll send it sooner.

@JG: Yeah, you can edit, since I haven't posted anything more.

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
Oh, its ok. He'll have a few questions for Death and his fellow seeker.

And even then he's more likely to stick near the heirs when warping around, so I'll probably stick to places near the current activity.

Thanks.

Aura Of Twilight

Forever Clueless
If I had to take a guess, I think Clary would be Sloth because she just stood there during the skirmish. lol

Zalck

Back Again...
I know nothing of Tarot... so yeah. No idea where Jp is there.

As far as Sins go... Yeah. I guess pride? Maybe lust (in a non sexual sense) for power.

Yeah... Post maybe tonight. If not, then soon.

Question: Can the Bone Bullet Skeleton Spirit thing work like link's sword for Jp? He swings his sword, and can materialize a bone out of it that flies at the enemy? I'm thinking most souls will be weapon upgrades, seeing as that's just how he works.

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
The souls will work the same way for everyone, but JP could use his swords as part of the activation of the soul's powers. So... it could look like he's materializing them from the swings, but not from every swing like Link's sword beams do.

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
It doesn't. It does take up energy, which is a judgement call in this setting. I'll poke you guys if I think your character should be getting tired and they're not.

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Three down, four to go. XD I wanna see what's inside the other Heirs' rooms, hehe. XD

I guess that I'll be posting soon. XD

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
And plant monsters, don't forget the plant monsters. There's one that uses its flower as a drill to attack. And the screaming Mandragoras. Although, that soul might be altered because it was kinda overpowered in the games.

Twilight Garden has some neat features, at least I think so. I really want to write the part that's the reason why I sent Cadence there...

Billy Mays

Ace Advertiser
Anyone else want to explore the garden? :3 And possibly murder some small animals? xD

I was planning on Elias ending up with either Cadence or Genya. I guess Ian can join Genya if he wants if SoulMuse posts, that is >w>, Elias can accompany Cadence in the garden. I'll try to get a post up soon.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Yeah. I am still waiting for people to update.

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
Yup, I plan on making a post tonight, although I would like to have a post or two (or more) to work with.

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
Sorry guys, I've been busy with Comp and PASBL, so finally posted.

Silly Sayo for suggesting that. Though, the main reason for it is to test out her new personalities.

CuriousHeartless

Sorry, I've been busy at nights and somewhat during the day, but I really should've posted by now. And this'll sound stupid, but I probably still won't update tonight because I need to catch up on everything that has happened and am easily distracted. I'll try to have it up tomorrow.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Well, like I said, I'm waiting for others to join Cadence in the garden. ^^ I will laugh if she's the only Belmont left when this is over. xD

I could respond to that text, but it'd be a short post. :/ (Like, rule breakingly short.)

Last edited: