• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Hi everyone!

Order of Ecclesia is almost out and I'm really excited! I thought we could talk about it and here's a question.

What's your favourtie element so far?
I like the ability to play as a girl and the fact we're not playing as a Belmont!

NinjaBaker

What's your favorite element so far?

I guess just the fact that its a sidescrolling, action, rpg! Thats just so crazy! It doesnt even seem like an rpg! I really have never played any other castlevania games (well i played them like once or twice) but this one looks really awesome and Im getting it! I think ill reserve it today from gamestop, there giving CD's with Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia soundtracks for whoever pre-orders the game

;472;

Last edited:
...When's the exact release date for this, anyways? It seems to be quite an awesome game and a pretty good entry game for Castlevania, though I can only assume others would be better...

Kabuto

little punks!
I've been hearing mixed reviews about this game. Funny thing is, they complain about puzzles/bosses being too hard while in the other Castleroids, they complained about it being too easy. Some people are hard to please.

I've been hearing mixed reviews about this game. Funny thing is, they complain about puzzles/bosses being too hard while in the other Castleroids, they complained about it being too easy. Some people are hard to please.

Honestly I would have to say Hard games > Easy games. In almost all cases, almost all respects.

...And ya' think it's possible to preorder tomorrow if the game comes out in 2 days? I'd really like that soundtrack...

Kabuto

little punks!
I always love games providing a challenge. Though Contra level hard (which I sincerely doubt this game is) can damage the ego.

NinjaBaker

Oh I just figured out this had WiFi! Looks like you can fight other players, sell and buy items, and play with other players through wifi! This just makes me want the game more! Comes out tomorrow so i can wait :p.. as for the soundtrack, looks like its not a CD, i think there downloadable songs, I gave the people working at gamestop my email and they said they would email me a code? I havent gotten it yet so im guessing they will email it 2morrow or when I buy the game...

;356;

NinjaBaker

Well I got the game today! I guess its alright and fun, but im stuck on the skeleton boss ><. I also played 5 wifi matches... I won 3 of them :p. If you want to add me my fc is 0731-7885-0320

Zincspider

My Bloody
ACK! It came out already!
I thought it was in November! I have been waiting for this ever since it was announced. I already beat all of Portrait of Ruin, and I need something else!
I guess I'm going to have to get it today... or tomorrow... or the next day.

Cutty

Forever now
OMG I forgot all about this.

Gonna get it tomorrow.

NinjaBaker

This game is really fun but its also very HARD! There are many enemies to fight along the way and the bosses are stronger than average. Im gonna be spending a lot of time with this game. ;munchlax;

Nidogod

It's about time they stopped wussing around and cranked the difficulty. I only just started the game but I already love it. I'm not really a fan of the plot, don't like that I haven't seen Dracula's castle yet, and am still getting used to this glyph business, but the difficulty is definitely up there and that's what matters. I'm a little upset that the game is actually catching some crap for it's difficulty. The final boss in PoR was one of my favorite CV events to date. I look forward to getting farther and fighting the bosses.

...I preordered and yet got no OST. I feel jipped. T.T

Still a very fun game. Nintendo Power was spot-on; it's tough, but it's not like there aren't too little save points. It's the kind of tough myself as well as probably others need to find in games nowadays, since it's not always annoying deaths and the save points don't make trailing back tedious.

I'm currently at the point where
Albus absorbed the final part of Dominus in front of Shanoa.

Nidogod

I'm actually planning to try my luck getting an OST today. My birthday was yesterday so I didn't preorder the game, but didn't end up getting it (I was playing a ROM as a sort of free rental). I heard stories of GameStops getting 2 CDs in, and some getting way more than they need so hopefully I can get the game and the disk today. If I don't it's cool. One 6 song CD isn't as cool as a stylus, poster, timeline, ds game holder, and 20-some song CD like with PoR.

EDIT: Yup, they had one or two more CDs left and I got one today. :D

Last edited:

NinjaBaker

Same, I pre-ordered and STILL NO FREAKEN CD! wth man... but idc if they dont send it to me by the end of the week, then Ill really start complaining.

Well Im almost done with the game, Im on the last level and and im lvl 22. Its been a great game so far, Ive had trouble with the last bosses so I cant imagine what the last boss is gonna be like. For now, I think i might train a little more before I enter the final level. ;234;

Nidogod

Wow, I just got done with Maneater and I'm already level 21. You must have really rushed through it. I just got Spore as well so I've been playing that in most of my free time, that explains not getting really far.

So far I got the no damage medal for every boss. In a sense, the bosses are harder than previous games in that they can kill you a lot faster and have more health, but when you really know what you're doing I think they might be a bit easier. For instance, it's not like Puppet Master was a hard boss in DoS, but I'd say that beating him without taking damage would be much harder than the bosses so far in OoE.

EDIT: Make that 5 medals. Working on Goliath right now. Ducking under his legs when he strides can be tricky. >_<

Last edited:

Bryloom

Trains and such
EDIT: Make that 5 medals. Working on Goliath right now. Ducking under his legs when he strides can be tricky. >_<
Ducking is key to beating a lot of Castlevania bosses. Many don't know this.

Anyway, picked up this game day one beat it within 3 days. Loved it

Now on Albus Mode. Teleporting **** yeah!