• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Casual Team Rocket team for events

alteredegoX

Sophi so silleh~
Yeah this is meant to be a silly little team for when I cosplay as a TR grunt. In this case I'm after using Pokémon only really used, and maybe associated with, by Team Rocket throughout the games. This is by no means a serious team at all, and likely needs work anyway just to make it reasonably playable.

Skarmory @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Att, 232 HP, 24 Spd
Drill Peck
Iron Head
Night Slash
X-Scissor

Eh, offensive set that has some semblance of staying in a little longer with Assault Vest. Not too much to say on this as it is.

Houndoom @ ??
Timid Nature
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Spd, 252 SAtt, 4 HP
Flamethrower
Dark Pulse
Sludge Bomb
Hidden Power ??

Again, a sweeper I've not quite fully thought over just yet, hence it needs item and HP typing, just didn't know which to go with.

Nidoking @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Att, 4 SDef
Earthquake
Fire Punch
Poison Jab
Megahorn

Could probably do with a different move set to work with Sheer Force a little better if I'm honest.

Muk @ Black Sludge
Relaxed Nature
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 252 HP, 252 SDef, 4 Att
Acid Armour
Poison Jab
Giga Drain
Haze

More of a utility mon I guess? Acid Armour just to boost the physical defence a little, Giga Drain to regenerate along with it's item, and Haze to remove buffs if the opponent is getting the upper hand (and BP teams are annoying >_> )

Rhypherior @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Att, 4 Def
Curse
Drill Run
Avalanche
Rock Slide

A bit of another wall, Curse to set up and then it's other moves to begin to hit hard. Solid Rock just keeps it taking a full X2/X4 damage. Obviously if it's a special sweeper it faces I'd switch over to Muk as they cover eachother decently I'd think.

Raticate @ Flame Orb (c'mon, a TR grunt must always have a rodent)
Jolly Nature
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Att, 224 Spd, 32 HP
Frustration
Pursuit
Sucker Punch
Super Fang

Yeah I kinda like this set, it has priority, follows a switch out, knocks off 1/2 of a high hp wall or just anything that resists normal, and with 0 happiness Frustration hits hard.

Changes and suggestions in bold

Yeah this is meant to be a silly little team for when I cosplay as a TR grunt. In this case I'm after using Pokémon only really used, and maybe associated with, by Team Rocket throughout the games. This is by no means a serious team at all, and likely needs work anyway just to make it reasonably playable.

Skarmory @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Att, 232 HP, 24 Spd
Drill Peck
Iron Head
Night Slash
X-Scissor

I dunno. Skarmory isn't really a tank Pokemon due to its relatively low Attack. Pokemon who can use the Assault Vest effectively are Pokemon with solid offense and good defenses like Goodra, Donphan, Metagross, Conkeldurr, Excadrill, etc. Skarmory is really better as a utility Pokemon:

Skarmory (Impish Nature)
-Toxic
-Brave Bird/Drill Peck
-Roost
-Spikes/Roar/Whirlwind

Eh, offensive set that has some semblance of staying in a little longer with Assault Vest. Not too much to say on this as it is.

Houndoom @Houndoomite?
Timid Nature
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Spd, 252 SAtt, 4 HP
Flamethrower
Dark Pulse
Nasty Plot
Hidden Power Fighting

Again, a sweeper I've not quite fully thought over just yet, hence it needs item and HP typing, just didn't know which to go with.

Nidoking @Life Orb
Adamant Nature
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Att, 4 SDef
Earthquake
Fire Punch
Poison Jab
Megahorn

Could probably do with a different move set to work with Sheer Force a little better if I'm honest.
Nidoking learns a lot of coverage moves. With the Life Orb and Sheer Force, your Nidoking won't take damage from the Life Orb and still get the boost if it's using a move that has a secondary effect. I personally use the Sp.Attacking Nidoking that runs Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Earth Power/Sludge Wave. All of these moves benefit from Sheer Force and won't give you recoil from the Life Orb.

Muk @ Black Sludge
Relaxed Nature
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 252 HP, 252 SDef, 4 Att
Pain Split
Poison Jab
Brick Break
Haze

Mostly for coverage purposes... If you can get Pain Split that could be your recovery move. Brick Break is to hit Steel Pokemon.

More of a utility mon I guess? Acid Armour just to boost the physical defence a little, Giga Drain to regenerate along with it's item, and Haze to remove buffs if the opponent is getting the upper hand (and BP teams are annoying >_> )

Rhypherior @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Att, 4 Def
Rock Polish
Earthquake
Megahorn
Rock Slide

Just an idea. Curse is okay too, but with Rhyperior's typing you won't want to get hit first by Water/Ice/Grass moves. Earthquake is more accurate than Drill Run too.

A bit of another wall, Curse to set up and then it's other moves to begin to hit hard. Solid Rock just keeps it taking a full X2/X4 damage. Obviously if it's a special sweeper it faces I'd switch over to Muk as they cover eachother decently I'd think.

Raticate @ Flame Orb (c'mon, a TR grunt must always have a rodent)
Jolly Nature
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Att, 224 Spd, 32 HP
Facade
U-Turn

Sucker Punch
Reversal

Yeah I kinda like this set, it has priority, follows a switch out, knocks off 1/2 of a high hp wall or just anything that resists normal, and with 0 happiness Frustration hits hard. Facade will be stronger than Frustration. Facade benefits from the burn from the Flare Orb. U-Turn is for hits to switch, and Reversal for coverage.

alteredegoX

Sophi so silleh~
Yeah the Skarmory was more for the 'unexpected variety', and was also the one I might switch out for something else Rocket related. Was tempted for a Deoxys (not sure which) as a nod to the manga though which might do the same job a little better.

I also wasn't actually aware Sheer Force negated Life Orb damage, so that's definitely gonna be a change, so I'll change the set up to that one.

I have no idea how I forgot Houndoom's Mega XD So that's a definite now too.

Azura

On Dragon Wings
You could possibly use Crobat over Skarmory. He gets Infiltrator as his HA, which gets around a few stall tactics.