• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Catching ALL the pokémon (possible)?

JotaGue

Catching ALL the pokémon (possible)?

Hello everyone, I'm new here but I'm a long-time hardcore pokémon fan.

I currently own Pokémon FR, LG and Ruby and I'm planning on buying Emerald. But as many of you, I wanted to be able to catch all the pokémon. I know it's impossible due to the fact that the events are long gone, but I started thinking of ways I could get it to work. I don't want to cheat/hack, so here's what I was thinking:

1- Buy one of those unlocked Emerald games from ebay (the ones that come with all the pokémon, items, etc..). The one I'm thinking about comes with all the special event items (eon ticket, mystick ticket, aurora ticket and old sea chart).

2- Since it includes all the special events items, I was thinking about trading them to my other games.

- Does this work? Since the items were "obtained" in one game, do they work in another one?
- If it works, once I use the items, do I get to keep them or they disappear/become useless?
- Can I clone the items, so I can get them in all my games at the same time?

Any help, within the forum rules, would be much appreciated :)
I apologise in advance for any english mistakes (writing from Portugal).

LimeSoda

Surely those Emerald games on Ebay were just hacked to get all of those tickets? Even if they say it's legit it's probably not- and just because you didn't directly 'hack' doesn't mean your file would be legit.

But I'm pretty sure almost all of the Pokemon are obtainable. Right now I have 344 and there's 386 I think.. The only ones that you won't be able to get are Deoxys, Mew, and Celebi.. well it depends on how far you are willing to go. Celebi IS obtainable but is very hard as it's only on the Japanese Colosseum Bonus Disc which costs a lot of money.. In addition to this I think you need a Japanese Gamecube for the game to play along with a Japanese Ruby/Sapphire since when it comes to GBA to Gamecube trading English/Jap cartridges don't work. Then from there, once the Celebi is on your Jap Ruby/Sapphire, you can trade to an English 3rd Gen game. So most likely that is too far-fetched [pun not intended]. Another Poke that is kinda out of the way is Jirachi. In order to get Jirachi you have to buy the Colesseum Bonus Disc which isn't too bad of a price, and then trade to a 3rd Gen game. Oh and all of this trading from Gamecube to GBA requires a special trade cable- but it's not expensive. Ohh and there's one more way to get Jirachi and that's through the Gamecube game Pokemon Channel. I don't know details about it though.

And then there's Ho-oh and Lugia- from Pokemon Colosseum and XD Gale of Darkness respectively. Not too hard- Ho Oh is a gift after you beat Mt. Battle and I believe in XD you just snag it in regular gameplay, but is surely towards the end. All of the other legendaries are obtainable in Ruby, Sapphire, Leaf Green, and Fire Red. You might need to beat the game 3 different times to get all of them though, like Suicine Entei and Raikoui in LG/FR since there's only one, the opposite of your starter's type. These 3 are all obtainable in Pokemon Colesseum though so don't waste your time beating the game 3 times if you are going to play through Colesseum.

And VERY lastly there are a couple regular Pokemon I think you can only get from Colesseum. Not entirely sure though.

Oh and to actually answer your questions, I think the tickets are key items therefor you can't trade them to other games and clone them.

JotaGue

Thank you for the answer :), but I already know all of that. I've done a LOT of research ahah

Yes, that game was hacked, but it's the only way, so whatever.
I already have Jirachi, Lugia and Ho-Oh (I own Pokémon Channel, Colosseum and XD). And I'm willing to pass on Celebi (since it's almost impossible).
I actually wanted the items for the challenge, because I can always hack the game to get everything. But it's way more fun to do it the legit way!

If anyone knows the answer for sure, please tell :)

LimeSoda

You might be able to mix records to get a ticket on a different file but Im not sure. Theyre key items so cant clone or trade

And using a hacked emerald and trading would no longer be legit

kaibachaoschampion

Feather Trainer
Thank you for the answer :), but I already know all of that. I've done a LOT of research ahah

Yes, that game was hacked, but it's the only way, so whatever.
I already have Jirachi, Lugia and Ho-Oh (I own Pokémon Channel, Colosseum and XD). And I'm willing to pass on Celebi (since it's almost impossible).
I actually wanted the items for the challenge, because I can always hack the game to get everything. But it's way more fun to do it the legit way!

If anyone knows the answer for sure, please tell :)

Actually, if you're willing to play through Colosseum Japan, it's actually not impossible at all. You just need the following items:

1. A Freeloader for GameCube (Or Wii if you didn't update the Wii's firmware) which allows you to play import games. (Not sure on price for this, but £20 or less I'd say)
2. A Japanese Pokémon Colosseum which you can get from eBay. (~£20.)
3. A Celebi Bonus Disc - Don't pay £100+, every so often you can get them for £60-£70 on eBay.
4. Pokémon Ruby or Sapphire Japan (Region Free) from eBay (~£30).
5. A game to trade them to, English or not. Generation III games ARE capable of cross region trading, but not many people know about it because they don't have Wi-Fi.

I recently went through the process of buying these things and I've tested cross-region trading with Generation 3, so that works. I'm yet to test it on Colosseum though. It's very possible, just a long process.