• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Catching Methods

GuardChomp

(︶_︶)╭∩╮
Catching Methods-
So what are your methods for catching Pokemon & legends? Just share your techniques here. Use one of the if you have trouble catching Pokemon. Or talk about Pokemon you had difficulty finding or catching.

• Quick ball spam-
    Simple, run across a Pokemon in the wild that will probably kill you or troll you if you battle it(this was Seismitoad for me). Instead of the Pokemon wiping the floor with you, chuck some quick balls in the first 3 turns. If your against a legendary Pokemon, soft reset until it says in.

Sleepy bulk-
    This is mostly for legends(And metang). On the first turn have something faster than the opposing Pokemon put it to sleep & while its asleep switch out to something that can max out its defensive stats. If it wakes up put back to sleep. Then chuck ultra balls & eventually timer ball (the Pokemon wont kill itself with struggle because it will be fast asleep.

Evasion spam-
    If the Pokemon your trying to catch is too powerful for you to catch, then teach a Pokemon flash & double team & give it a bright powder. Pretty much everything the Pokemon uses will miss(beware of swift, magical leaf, etc.)

fatyeti4

Master of War
If I have a sleep causing move I always use it before I catch something. I also hit A as soon as the ball closes... Even though it does nothing haha. I guess its just a habit.

Rocketeer

K-9 Brigade
I don't really have a method. Most of the time I get a legendary down to 1/3 of health and capture it in my first or second ultra ball.

D-World

Robo-Cascoon's angry
I use False Swipe to get a legend/ SR pokémon, then Paralyze or Sleep it. Otherwise i just lob ultra balls and maybe use a move to weaken it.

Falk

I use False swipe+Ultra ball on non-legends.

When catching a legend I use False Swipe+Spore/Hypnosis+switch between using Timer ball/Ultra ball/great ball till I catch it.

TTNH03

Pokemon Researcher
quick ball. if not then paralyze.

now i use false swipe and spore then use dusk ball.

I cripple it from the beginning with paralysis and then whittle its health down with either False Swipe or just a really weak move.

Abstinence Pistols

I always start out with a quick ball. It's funny because I always get critical captures in the most useless places. I got one on a level 3 lillipup yesterday with a quick ball.

pokedexfiller

Unova Trainer
I get the Pokemon into red (especially if it is a legend).

Then I sleep it if possible. If not, freeze or parlyze. (only on legendaries and one that are extremely hard to catch)

Then I use Ultra Balls like no tomorrow.

If they wake up, I sleep them again.

Aquanova

I try to put it to sleep or paralyze it. I found Darkrai, if I have one in that particular game, is good for this because of Bad Dreams, it whittles the Pokemon's health down, then I usually switch Darkrai out to another Pokemon and start throwing Pokeballs until it is caught. If the legendary is a Roamer I just throw a Master Ball, I always keep them just in case.

pokemon1996

<-- I will get'em
I use the fun way.
throw a regular pokeball at a legendary and hope it gets caught.

DittoDude

The King of Town.
I get hp low and use an ultra ball on normal pokes. Timer balls for legends.

rykerr1

The Great Gublet
If it isn't legendary, I just quick ball it (then ultra balls if that doesn't work).

If it's legendary, I paralyze it, false swipe it to 1 HP, then ultra ball it or dusk ball it (if in a cave).

Moneyy

INACTIVE
My Pokemon are usually way higher leveled than the legendaries, so they can weaken it (I usually carry a Pokemon with False Swipe) and also take a hit. If I run out of Ultra Balls or all my Pokemon faint, I just soft reset.