• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Catching Mewtwo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calm PokeMaster

I have always wanted to know how you have all caught Mewtwo..

For me.......It took 40 Ultra Balls,3 Soft Resets and some luck to capture that beast.

Here is how:

1.Got up to it(after I KO'D 50 of the high leveled Pokemon in that place)

2.Let off with Venusaur(Lv. 85)

3.Used Sleep Powder.

4.Used Razor Leaf till health came down to red.

5.Started tossing Ultra Balls.(Using Sleep Powder whenever it woke up)

6.Caught it on my 40th Ultra ball!

What do you think?

;150; is one tough Pokemon to capture.......

Thanks for rating this thread.Hope you guys will continue to add posts.

Last edited:
One word. MasterBall.

Caught my first with it, caught all since with it. I'm not much for challenges :/

chucked masterball at mewtwo, after catching Articuno and Zapdos with great balls after my ultaballs ran out I wasn't in the mood for a long battle.

serebiifreak

...BRING IT!!!
I accidently used the M-Ball on Articuno. So I caught Mewtwo with a Ultra Ball. It wasn't that hard. ¬¬

Alloute

Not Banned
Try Ultra balls, and a Master Ball if that fails. I had like 30 Master Balls thanks to trading, so I was lucky/lazy :p

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
I was determined to catch it in an Ultra Ball, and get a good nature. It took around twenty tries, but eventually I got a timid one.

The key was throwing out something that could take hits while it used up its Recover. Even that was grueling.

Alloute

Not Banned
I was determined to catch it in an Ultra Ball, and get a good nature. It took around twenty tries, but eventually I got a timid one.

The key was throwing out something that could take hits while it used up its Recover. Even that was grueling.

That must've been tough, good for you lad^_^

I caught a Modest one, and with a Master Ball, seriously, it's the fastest way.

SHADOW DRAGON

Latios, don't go!!
First I got its health down to red and just kept chucking ultra balls at it until it was caught.

Beotium

Mew-Overlord
It's the same like with all legendary you can either status it and beat it red..or you just throw balls until it stays in there...

Pokefan0234

Ka-Ra-Tay!
I poisoned Mewtwo and started chucking Ultra Balls. I ran out of Ultra Balls and ended up throwing a Net Ball.

And now I have an amazing Mewtwo. :)

Skull_Kid

Meme Lover:P
I paralyzed it with my level 89 Pikachu's thunder wave, and held ground with my level 92 Snorlax. Throwing Ultra Balls, and, that's it.

I think it's wiser to save the master Ball to the Legendary Dog

Skull_Kid

It really helps giving him a status abnormality, specially paralyzing him.

Poison and Burn are too risky, as he can die, and sleep is temporary.

Frozing him is also a very good idea, but the freeze rate is so low

MKFC

Shade of Blue
Used Thunder Wave with lv. 63 Raichu, then False Swiped it with my lv. 64 Scyther to 1HP. Caught it on my 20th ball or so.

Skull_Kid

False Swipping is also a good strategy, but I would recomend using Higher levels, even though Mewtwo's moveset is crap, in the wild

Maybe i suggest one thing: DON'T POISON LEGENDARY POKEMONS!!!
since legendary pokemon is far harder to catch, i suggest you to paralyzed it.make it sleeps also a good choice.and don't make mewtwo confused, too. confused also reduce pokemon's hp.
i use a master ball, and VOILA! now i have a mewtwo.

Status
Not open for further replies.