• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Catching Pokemon

krys.

Solid Snake
Hey,
I was just wondering when you catch pokemon
does mashing the a button even do anything
or is it a habbit aquired? ^_^

Cheers

toomuchtime

The Master...
Sadly a habit.My friend thinks if you tap a slowly every time the ball shakes you will catch it.(The sad thing is his never not caught one that way[except legends]but it doesn't work for me)[Try it if you wants]But as i said earlier it's a habit.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Yeah, like toomuchtime said, it is a habit.

Pressing buttons does not give you higher chances of catching the Pokemon, they'll be the same if you press buttons or not.

Also, catching Pokemon is completely RANDOM, so really, it does not make any difference as to catching the Pokemon or not.

~Aquarelle

It's completely random, there is absolutely nothing involved

I still press the A button anyway, it's a habit I've had since my first day of playing Pokemon

Alzi

Toon link
yeh a habit a pretty kool habit my first games of pokemon i pressed a but now when the ball opens on the pokemon i press down and b and keep my hands on it lol it's a pretty fun catch two but usaully when you sit there and just throw a ball and don't tap anything it comes out quiker

Nothing helps,as said. But I have a habit of holding B+Up. =/

The Mighty Wurmple

I usually press A just when the ball opens to capture the Pokemon.
It's a real pity it doesn't work T_T

Rhymes

i GOT em!
lolz wow i have habbit of holdin down + B

CharizardMaster

Belgian Waffles!!!
Yeah its a habit. It may not help but its confidence boost.

Firebird306

Hello...
I press the A button out of habit when I'm tensing up, hoping to catch the Pokemon if it's a hard battle. Although it doesn't do anything what so ever.

Ryuu-Anima

Sera Kureseria
I'ts really just a habit, but it makes you feel like you're actually doing something. I fell for the "Hold B from when the ball opens to when the ball rocks the second time" trap when I was youinger... and now i can't stop doing it.

nikoflores

Some say that if you hold A and B togoether, it would but I don't use it, maybe it does because it happened to me, my pokeball catched a level 40 hariyama in emerald in the first try but maybe it was only luck,^_^ i hope that helps,^_^

DeathDjango

Funkeeadelic
A habit but i like to try. Try these one. When you are catching a pokemon, look like an a****** the pokeball it might intimidate the pokemon. It really worked!!

-Django

game_mayhem

I'm too coo', foo'
You can press any button repeatedly and catch any pokemon I mean it I'm not lying... If your using a masterball that is. Anyways it's just a habit gone epidemic infecting people believing it.