• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Catching Shiny Pokémon with the Pokéradar - READ FIRST POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArcaneFlare

Shiny Team Builder
I just managed to catch myself a shiny Hippowdon. I was kinda nervous about going into the patch cuz I wasn't sure if it was okay with all the sand, but lucky it worked out. Now I can start raising it :)

Whew, just finished chaining shiny starly's. I managed to catch 8 shiny starly's, though the whole thing took 5 hours @_@. My syncronizer worked, 6 of the 8 are adament nature :D. Going to check their iv's later, but I cant wait to start raising a shiny staraptor.

Deoxytwo

Riddle in an Enigma
I was chaining today for a Shiny Adamant Buizel. 49 Max Repels, a chain of 42, 1 Shiny, Female, Adamant Buizel.
Edit: 1st attempt at chaining them as well, I'm gonna go back and chain for more Adamant Shinies later today.

Last edited:

jaxonferz

everytime i get to somewhere around 30 i loose the chain im following all the rules and its still breaking. no im not here just to complain i was just wondering if someone could tell me what chance i have of finding a shiny patch each time my chain goes up one? and if thats already in this thread somewhere could you point it out. greatly appreciated

Has anybody had any luck chaining Swablu? The best three Swablu chains I've got are 17/19/20

Yes, i managed to catch 2 shiny Swablu back in August
that was like a mega shiny day for me though, i got 8 in one day

i have been trying to chain Pachirisu, but the chain keep breaking, one on 35, one fo 27 and alot more below that :(
oh well, i just have to keep trying.

everytime i get to somewhere around 30 i loose the chain im following all the rules and its still breaking. no im not here just to complain i was just wondering if someone could tell me what chance i have of finding a shiny patch each time my chain goes up one? and if thats already in this thread somewhere could you point it out. greatly appreciated

The clue to the wherabouts of the answers for many chaining-related questions, is in the title of this thread.
Or, if you're too lazy navigate your way to page 1 and check under the first spoiler, then click here.

I had a shot at chaining my swarm two days ago, which turned to be Swinub, rather unfortunately.. I've never beed able to get a chain beyond 24, because you just can't see the shaking bushes in the Blizzard. Even if you manage to spot them, it's nigh on impossible to tell the different patches apart @_@
I tried everything to make it easier, but this time was no exception..

A question to Platinum version owners(my copy hasn't arrived yet -_-); The Poké Radar, has anything changed? And i'm not talking about the Pokémon you can chain, I mean in terms of the chaining mechanics.
I'm doubting that anything is different, but i'm still curious to know anyways.

Hey guys, just made a stop here to show you this:

(Yes, I know it's not D/P, but there's no shiny thread for this game yet)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr2dnBMze-s

Good luck everyone =)

You're making me jealous, Pokerealm x3
And am I seeing things, or did the Shiny Sparkle look different to that in Diamond and Pearl? Also, why Bibarel? '8D Congrats on being amongst the first to chain a Shiny in Platinum.

Today's swarm is Spoink, which is acceptable. Better than Swinub at the least. Therefore.. *runs off to route 214*

Pokelight_Admin

I don't often do chains to get shinies. Although I did catch a shiny Starly quite a while back. If I recall correctly, I believe the chain was something like 21-23 (On the 3rd chain). I don't remember. My highest chain was 45 for Buizel.

I just caught 2 shiny Pachirisu
the shiny patches were quite close together so that was convenient
i would like to chain eevee, but the encounter rate seems to be an issue for me, so i guess i will just have to practice on some other pokemon..

i tried to chain ditto but the chain broke at 10 so i lost interest
im am now chain pichu, because i think its cute :p
and because i dont have a shiny pichu yet..

jaxonferz

The clue to the wherabouts of the answers for many chaining-related questions, is in the title of this thread.
Or, if you're too lazy navigate your way to page 1 and check under the first spoiler, then click here.

I had a shot at chaining my swarm two days ago, which turned to be Swinub, rather unfortunately.. I've never beed able to get a chain beyond 24, because you just can't see the shaking bushes in the Blizzard. Even if you manage to spot them, it's nigh on impossible to tell the different patches apart @_@
I tried everything to make it easier, but this time was no exception..

A question to Platinum version owners(my copy hasn't arrived yet -_-); The Poké Radar, has anything changed? And i'm not talking about the Pokémon you can chain, I mean in terms of the chaining mechanics.
I'm doubting that anything is different, but i'm still curious to know anyways.

thank you very much

Ishrie

Caught 10 more shiny Eevees, mostly females, and six of them had good natures, two neutral, and two poor. I didn't nickname these, 'cause I'm planning to trade them. I might just keep one of the girls, though. ^^;

Today i caught 5 shiny Shellos, i spent ages finding number 1 and number 3
2 and 4 came 2 resets after 1 and 3 then 5 was random, i wasn't actually aiming for it, i was trying to increase the chain and there was a shiny patch

oh well, now im going to chain ditto and/or hoppip

hopefully i will get those chains to 40 because they have a lower appearence rate.

ChaosAngel

MINE!! :D
Nice vids there, Pokerealm!

I forgotten to post here when I gotten 8 shiny Larvitars with the pokeradar in my Diamond, last Friday. The Adamant Ralts synchronize worked for 4 of them, which is not bad. The weird part is that the first 4 shiny Larvitars were female, while the other 4 were all males. xD Chain broke at 53 but very happy that I finally gotten a Diamond exclusive shiny.

I tried for Murkrow, didn't work out so well..
I reached 40 for Stunky, but I ran into a unseen patch and Ponyta broke my chain after over half an hour of reseting the radar.. >_<

Pokerealm

Newest Shiny~
Thanks Halcyon and CA =D

@Halcyon: I wanted to be the first with a Platinum Radar vid.
Bibarel is easy so that's why xD

Caught an early Shiny Spoink today on a chain of 7 in Platinum, and managed to continue to 40 =D
I made a video of the first shiny, now resetting for more.

I'll edit this post when the video is up!!!

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tkei7vCGso

Last edited:

oddsok

(^^,)
My latest shiny:
p9210764bg6.jpg

I caught 5 altogether. 3 of them were Relaxed (successful syncer)
Also caught 7 shiny Abra over the weekend.

Congrats to new shinies.

cocoa_adele

i got 3 shiny pachirisu last night, so psyched!
last time i chained for a shiny it took over an hour to get 1! =O

then i got about 3 pachirisu in the same time frame! ^^
i really want a wii so i can have a ranch and see all my shinys frolick =)

Status
Not open for further replies.