• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Catching Shiny Pokémon with the Pokéradar - READ FIRST POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaxonferz

ok it mightjus seem that its farther away but when i was chaining corsola(no shiny as always) som pokemon were in a patch 5 or 6 spaces away? are those better chances or are they just 4 away and im seeing things...

DryBones

Event Collector
Ok in my previous chain I got 2 Krabbys :D

Route 226 (Swarm)
Krabby
Level: 52
Nature: Impish / Often scatters things / Likes sour food
Ball Caught:MasterBall
IV's: 31/8/8/24/14/24

Route 226 (Swarm)
Krabby
Level: 52
Nature: Careful / Highly Curious / Likes bitter food
Ball Caught:MasterBall
IVs: 14/16/28/31/12/14

Im happy.

Now for Shinx :D

HOMG

<<< Pimp
Caught my second Shiny Spoink in Platinum, broke the chain on purpose.
Went to Route 212-South to chain Croagunk (Yes, it's chainable in Platinum).

I found there was heavy rain fall instead of the normal rain but I took the gamble, and managed to get to 40 on my first attempt =D

Now resetting, I'll be the first to catch a chained Shiny Croagunk =D

I caught a shiny Croagunk in the Great Marsh. I have a question about chaining. Now, I have caught many shinies with the Pokeradar but there are still some things that confuse me. I always seem to get the "The grassy patch remained quiet" message when I reset near a wall...which I know is stupid but I don't like having shiny patches directly behind me because I don't know if it's a shiny or a big shake. Anyway I read in a chaining guide somewhere that when you reset the radar there will always be a shaking patch adjacent to you...ALWAYS! Is this true? Because if it is then I know why I always get that stupid message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowice1234
does anyone besides me use chaining for EV training and i almost had my first shiny then i stepped backwards by accident and ran into a starly (i think i cried)

Yeah I started chaining because of EV training. I had a random encounter shiny and decided to EV train it while chaining. I got it to level 50 (I get all my shinies to level 50, except those of the same evolution lines. It used to be level 100 but that's too hard) and got a shiny patch. Now the cycle just continues. I EV train the shiny with the worst nature (save the best one for trades) and get another shiny along the way.

Last edited:

oddsok

(^^,)
I caught a shiny Croagunk in the Great Marsh. I have a question about chaining. Now, I have caught many shinies with the Pokeradar but there are still some things that confuse me. I always seem to get the "The grassy patch remained quiet" message when I reset near a wall...which I know is stupid but I don't like having shiny patches directly behind me because I don't know if it's a shiny or a big shake. Anyway I read in a chaining guide somewhere that when you reset the radar there will always be a shaking patch adjacent to you...ALWAYS! Is this true? Because if it is then I know why I always get that stupid message.
What happens when you get that message is that the game chooses a "one" area patch with no grass on it. You can avoid this message by always resetting the radar in a patch surrounded by other grass patches.

4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4
4 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 4
4 3 2 2 2 2 2 3 4
4 3 2 1 1 1 2 3 4
---------------- < say this is a wall.
4 3 2 1 0 1 2 3 4
4 3 2 1 1 1 2 3 4
4 3 2 2 2 2 2 3 4
4 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 4
4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4

If one of the red patches is chosen (no grass is on the patch) then the chain will break.
So it is true that an adjacent patch will be chosen, but if that patch has no grass on it, regardless of which other patches have been chosen, the chain WILL break.

Last edited:

Swift

Thanks to VTUSH and XXXD for the assistance. Swift's first targets are Pachirisu (chained 14 so far) and Shinx (will attempt next).

~Swift the Halfling Vampyre

Recently i have caught a shiny Machop, 2 shiny Geodude and 3 shiny Sentret
my attention span has been quite bad lately though, thats why all the chains broke -_-
i hope i will be able to chain or eevee today

Status
Not open for further replies.