• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Catching Shiny Pokémon with the Pokéradar - READ FIRST POST

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

JamaHawk

Sophisticated Solace
I chained ditto and got i think in the twenties when i finally found a shiny!

Draknir

Fear the Deer
Pokemon affected by Static in Platinum

While there is no difference between DP's Static and Pt's Static, there are differences in what Pokemon are affected by it.

Shinx:

Locations: Route 202, Route 203, Route 204(North and South), Valley Windworks
Others affected by Static:
202-None
203-None
204-None
Valley Windworks-Pachirisu, Mareep, Electrike(Swarm)

Pachirisu:

Locations: Route 205(South only), Valley Windworks
205(South)-None
Valley Windworks-Shinx, Mareep, Electrike(Swarm)

Voltorb(Swarm Only)

Locations: Route 218
218-None

Electabuzz:

Locations: Route 222
222: Magnemite, Magneton, Luxio, Flaaffy

Magnemite:

Locations: Route 222, Fuego Ironworks
222-Electabuzz, Magneton, Luxio, Flaaffy

Magneton:

222-Electabuzz, Magnemite, Luxio, Flaaffy

Luxio:

222-Electabuzz, Magnemite, Magneton, Flaaffy

Flaaffy:

222-Electabuzz, Magnemite, Magneton, Luxio

Pichu:

Locations: Trophy Garden
Trophy Garden-Pikachu, Plusle(Daily Pokemon), Minun(Daily Pokemon)

Pikachu:

Trophy Garden-Pichu, Plusle(Daily Pokemon), Minun(Daily Pokemon)

Plusle:

Trophy Garden-Pichu, Pikachu, Minun(Daily Pokemon)

Minun:

Trophy Garden-Pichu, Pikachu, Plusle(Daily Pokemon)

Electrike:
Locations: Valley Windworks
Valley Windworks-Shinx, Pachirisu, Mareep

Nana

I finally managed to chain Eevee to 40. I'm almost certain I saw a shiny patch around the 32 mark in the second patch, but I was too scared to go to it. I decided I'd rather continue my chain than break it in the case I had mistaken.

Going to go SR now. Hopefully, I won't mess up--which I most likely will. I'm nervous! :p

edit: Caught one after the first reset! :D Up to 54 now. I'll just keep going until my chain breaks.

edit 2: Chain broke at 61. Love my Modest Eevee though! <3

Last edited:
Well, yesterday I got my pinsir chain to 35 and decided to stop there and start resetting. I ended up using more than 130+ MR without seeing a shiny before I accidentally broke the chain @_@. Its possible that I missed the shiny patch, but I don't think so.

So today I decide to chain roselia since in the moring they have a 45% rate on route 230. I get the chain to 39 and then it breaks to a pidgey *facepalm*. I should have just left it at 39. I'm thinking about going back and chaining shinx or something so that I can get used to platinums shiny patch. That or go and chain on my pearl.

Mapl3Syrup

Thanks a lot, This really helped me figure some stuff out.

Mapl3Syrup

I finally managed to chain Eevee to 40. I'm almost certain I saw a shiny patch around the 32 mark in the second patch, but I was too scared to go to it. I decided I'd rather continue my chain than break it in the case I had mistaken.

Going to go SR now. Hopefully, I won't mess up--which I most likely will. I'm nervous! :p

edit: Caught one after the first reset! :D Up to 54 now. I'll just keep going until my chain breaks.

edit 2: Chain broke at 61. Love my Modest Eevee though! <3

Haha nice job :D

Where were you chaining?

LukeHavik

God so many of you lucky people >__<
lol I have such horrible luck when it comes to chaining think the highest I got was 20 and I either stuff up or give up after 2 or hours. Yeeesh I actually have more luck when they randomly show up in the wild and thats pretty rare Ive only seen to date a shiny Cleffa, Swablu, Machop and Geodude :/

Tad

Was chaining Shinx yesterday and while building the chain up I stumbled on a shiny at 8 xD

I Srd about 50 times at 40 and didn't see one until I broke my chain on accident :(

Say, did chaining emerge in the third generation? In emerald when I chain...say 112 magikarps with an old rod I suddenly catch a shining one!

JosJuice

Slightly inactive
Say, did chaining emerge in the third generation? In emerald when I chain...say 112 magikarps with an old rod I suddenly catch a shining one!
Using a fishing rod isn't chaining. Chaining can only be done with the Poké Radar, which can only be obtained in 4th gen.

Tad

Just Trophy Garden~ :)

Man your lucky, I can never seem to chain in that patch in the back of that.
Waht you going to evolve it into or going to keep it as an eevee ? :)

I migh thave a go at it xD

CapitalX

o my god caught my first ever shiny 10 minutes ago :|
I was chaining floatzel and to my great surprise at the third try I saw a glittering tile. So I thought it must be the pokeradar pokemon I haven't caught yet so I stand on it and It was a Yellow floatzel :|

i was so freaking happy after 3 days of chaning and sucking at it :D

Lexsonn

I've been chaining for only 3 days and I've gotten shinies through chaining of these pokes:
Electabuzz, Electavire, Magmar, Magmortar, Togepi (37 of them lol), Togetic, Togekiss
Skitty, Voltorb, Electrode, Magneton, Magnezone, Zigzagoon, Linoone, Pichu, Pikachu, and Raichu.

Many thanks to this thread!

I'm just wondering, how long does it usually take to even start a chain at the Poke Mantion? because I have yet to see one daily pokemon after like 3 hours of searching... maybe I'm just unlucky. I just want an evee (or maybe 30) :(

ChaosAngel

MINE!! :D
It's been quite a while that I've chained and successfully gotten a radar shiny since April.
In 4th of July, finally.. a Pinsir was swarming in my Platinum!
Had to use this chance to get myself a shiny one. After 3 attempts.. I managed to reach to 40 and gotten 6 shiny Pinsirs. Chain broke at 68, but very happy. :)

003-2.jpg

Here's the summary and IVs(for Adamant nature ones)
#1 Male, Relaxed nature, Sturdy Body
#2 Female, Adamant nature, Often lost in thought 6-7/7-8/19-20/22-23/15-16/3-4
#3 Female, Quiet nature, Somewhat stubborn
#4 Male, Serious nature, Capable of taking hits
#5 Male, Adamant nature, Loves to eat 29-30/7-8/23-24/15-17/27-28/10-11
#6 Male, Adamant nature, Capable of taking hits 20-22/13-14/21-22/5-8/13-14/5-7

Terrible attack IVs.. >_> oh well..

Congrats to all radar shinies and good luck everyone!

xMehx

New Shiny!!!!!!!!:33
Wow, ALL of you are lucky for even SEEING a shiny lol. 5 DAYS of chaining and my longest is 22 lol. I want my first shiny to be a Poochyena, so wish me luck!

Lexsonn

xMehx... I would practice on swarming pokemon till you do well :D

My first pokeradar shiny was skitty... and I got it first try following the rules the 2nd and 4th "spoiler" said in the first post.

Just remember:
- Make sure the patch you walk into is the same one you walked into to start the chain
- Always pick the patch in the 4th quadrant for the best chance
- (My superstition) I think the bright sparkle short-lasting patch has the best chance to continue your chain. Not only that but its easier to see, so if you don't think it has a different chance I'd still pick it for its visibility :D
- Those patterns the 2nd spoiler showed seem to hold some truth to it... I chained 3 pokemon so far first try using those rules. The times I failed were usually because of a slip of hand, not remembering, not paying attention, or just running into a fourth quadrant patch without paying attention to the other patches.

Those 4 things seemed to help me :)

latiospwnage123

latios pwns 4 ever
for some reason i thought channing was the saame as d/p as in platinum too lol
http://i27.*******.com/xfc1du.jpg