• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Catching Shiny Pokémon with the Pokéradar - READ FIRST POST

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
My brother gave me his shiny Ralts that he chained, and now it is a shiny Gardevoir, my second favorite shiny overall (after Ninetales). In return though, he wants me to help him chain a shiny Electrike or a shiny Poochyena.

EDIT: Just chained Magnemites cus I was bored, first try it went to 40 and I managed to get 4 shinies before I ended the chain :)

Last edited:

spyrosgost

OFFLINE FOR EVER
Guys where is the threat with all pokemon locations (pokeradar)?

TheDarkrai

Magic Bounce Espeon!
Got a shiny Starly as the first thing I've ever successfully chained today! Nidoran broke the chain immediately afterwards, so only 1... :( Haven't decided on a name yet, but this encourages me to keep going with chaining from now! Shuko's guide helped me a lot. Thanks!

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I wonder if I'll have any better luck chaining Absol in Platinum than I did in Diamond. I could only get to 17 before the chain broke (pesky shellos XP). And that only happened once. Usually I only get to five or six before the damn shellos butts in. No matter how careful I'm being.

Jorge565

Magikarp
Lol i have such bad luck 3 times while chaining starly it Broke at 36 i was like wtf!!! But I'm gettng better i got to 40 on a chain of bidoof and managed to Get a shiny then i went for rhyhorn and got one at 9 I'm improving a lot hopefully I'll get 40 a lot easier in the future

Last edited:

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Chained Castform and Shellos today, breaking at 29 and 28 respectively.

Although a couple of days ago I got a Shiny Shinx via Pokeradar so it isn't THAT bad... ;)

Cutty

Forever now
I got to 40 chain of Buizel in my US Diamond yesterday, it's quite fast, but the shiny resetting took me almost one hour for the first shiny patch to appear... <.< I'm leaving my DS on sleep mode so later on I can reset for at least one more shiny Buizel to evolve...

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I still have absolutely no luck with chaining no matter how carefully I try. Tried to chain shinx, got to 8 before a bidoof butted in and I never got the chain back. Then tried to chain starly but had the same problem. Finally gave up >.< The gods of chaining hate me.

spyrosgost

OFFLINE FOR EVER
yesterday i chained 4 times and all of them were about 35-39 and then they broke :(..I have a question.If will appear 3 patches then one will be hiding?And if i step to it then my chain will be break?Or its just my theory?

AdamSe7en

Veteran
I've got a Maril at a chain of 47 right now (I know you only need to get up to 40 but I got bored), and I haven't come across a shiny patch in over an hour after reaching a chain of 40. None of the other Pokemon I have successfully chained have ever taken this long. I'm starting to get tired but I don't want to give up.

EDIT: GOT ONE!!

Last edited:

Volitide

Metempsychosis
I've had more luck with finding shiny Pokemon the natural random way than with the Pokeradar.

Got a chain of 36 today with Luxio, and then a stupid Floatzel broke it :(
Going to try for Magnemite or Tyrogue tomorrow, unless there is a nice swarm to pick from. Wish me luck!

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Good luck!

I have no luck whatsoever with chaining. The gods of chaining just plain hate me. No matter how careful I am I can't get a chain to run more than 8 pokemon. The two shinies I have that aren't canon (I have a shiny Haxorus but that's guaranteed once you reach the Nature Preserve in B/W2) were found by sheer dumb luck random encounters.

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Really unlucky redsox4444!

Anyway, I just got a Chain to 40 with Spinda and then got 3 Shinies before the Chain broke at 43!

Good Luck everyone!

See ya! ;)

I did it! At a chain of 41 found a shiny Starly! Up to 3 now and still going.
Edit: Up to 4! Chain broke at 46
Edit: 6/3/13. Got a shiny Machop at 7

Last edited:

yakkocmn

I got a shiny Zigzagoon a while ago at around 20 chain, but haven't gotten one since. And a question: Is there a difference between the sparkly and non-sparkly shaking patches when using the Pokéradar?