• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Catching Shiny Pokémon with the Pokéradar - READ FIRST POST

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

tonyg44x

Poke-Ballin'
worst luck ever
chained ralts with an adamant syncer and the only male ralts i caught was quirky natured
and the other five female ralts i caught were adamant nature
well i probably go for nidoran m after i buy some more max repels

scratch that i'm starting the chain all over again...
the apeal of a shiny gallade with maxed out attack is too great

Last edited:

Onyx Umeki

Mrph...how impudent.
V___V

Been trying to chain.

37 swablu NO SHINY X__X UGHHH

29 Phanpy No shiny

:/

Ive been trying so hard....

Volt of Noid

<-- Best Shiny ever
I hate chaining. Highest chain to date: 17 Gastrodon.

Yay.

Tails07

After getting my pokeradar yesterday I been doing a bit of chaining. Starting with an easy one Shinx on Route 202, with my Mareep with Static as the lead. Currently my top chains are:

Shinx 41 (No Shinies) (Only had 13 max repels left and used them all resetting at 40 :( )
Shinx 16 (No Shinies)
Shinx 10 (No Shinies)

maxelle

Shadow Stalker
Hey that looks like my chaining records.
56 Shinx
24 Ponyta
and
20 Shinx.
I believe.

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Got to 39 with Ralts today

No shiny.

I FAIL

Try stopping at 37 and resetting from there, its what i did with eevee and i ended up with 35 shiny eevee. I also caught 2 shiny hoppip by resetting from a chain of 37.

maxelle

Shadow Stalker
35 Eevee. Wow you must be a master at chaining. I can't even keep a good chain of Shinx. And you can get a rare mansion pokemon.

Legend-of-Mitsuki

Serena - Mitsuki
Eevee are back in the Trophy Garden! YAY!

Lets hope I get somewhere this time. I've read up on the rules and hopefully it shal yield results.

*crosses fingers and starts chaining*

Tad

I can't seem to get any better at chaining for shinys!

I've had a chain of 40 on both electabuzz and shinx and reset the radar 30 maybe 40 times and not found one,
ended up breaking my chain by not paying attention >.<
Am I doing anything wrong or am I just unlucky :(

Trying to SR for a heatran now & no luck :(

Micha

If you have actually had a chain at 40 more than once, you are probably not doing anything wrong. Patience is key.
At 40 you have 2% chance of getting a shiny patch per reset. So that's 2/100 chance EVERY reset, and not "If I reset 49 times I will get it the 50th".

So just keep at it, and have patience ^^

golden_charizard

Shiny Hunter
I got a few shinies while chaining, I got up to 40 then start resetting from there. So far I got, 5 shinies Rhyhorns, 3 shinies Shinxs and a shiny Houndour (now Houndoom). I just started doing this, so I don't have much.

kimy1688

Do the spinda dance!
None yet ;-;
But I have only just started so nevermind.
Currently trying on Platinum (anything will do, I will just be happy that I will have a shiny) and also on Diamond.

I has a question, when you chain, do you have to catch the Pokemon each time? Or you can just run away and basically keep trying to find the same Pokemon?
And how do you release a Pokemon?

Congrats to you guys! :)

kimy1688

Do the spinda dance!
Help meee

None yet ;-;
Currently trying on Platinum (anything will do, I will just be happy that I will have a shiny) and also on Diamond.

I has a question, when you chain, do you have to catch the Pokemon each time? Or you can just run away and basically keep trying to find the same Pokemon?

Edit: Sorry computer made me make two post.

Dragon Rules

No longer trading.
None yet ;-;

When you chain, you have to keep defeating the same pokemon to keep your chain alive, you do not have to catch them each time; If you run away then your chain will broke.

kimy1688

Do the spinda dance!
When you chain, you have to keep defeating the same pokemon to keep your chain alive, you do not have to catch them each time; If you run away then your chain will broke.
---
Thanks!

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
Well, I just can't chain.

Pokemon Mansion
Me: Shiny patches. Let's go find an Eevee.
**10 million Pokemon which aren't Eevee appear**
Me: OK, let's try the normal patches.
**No Eevee appear**
Me: WHY MEEEEEEE???? **sobs**

Seriously, why are the daily mansion Pokemon found in non-shiny patches? 0_o

Nana

Well, I just can't chain.

Pokemon Mansion
Me: Shiny patches. Let's go find an Eevee.
**10 million Pokemon which aren't Eevee appear**
Me: OK, let's try the normal patches.
**No Eevee appear**
Me: WHY MEEEEEEE???? **sobs**

Seriously, why are the daily mansion Pokemon found in non-shiny patches? 0_o
hm, are you talking about the normal and sparkly patches when you first use the PokeRadar? I'm pretty sure it's random. Eevee only has a 5% chance of appearing, so finding it initially is time-consuming. I know this is kind of obvious, but, just in case you didn't, make sure Mr. Backlot has told you Eevee are in his garden in the first place.

Good luck!

Onyx Umeki

Mrph...how impudent.
...Ugh

Man, I spent 2 hours chaining Sneasel... got to 47...

....Stupid ***** Snover broke my chain

-sigh-

No shiny..

Maybe its time I hang up the pokeradar

I.
Fail.
Too.
Hard.