• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Catching Shiny Pokémon with the Pokéradar - READ FIRST POST

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
...Ugh

Man, I spent 2 hours chaining Sneasel... got to 47...

....Stupid ***** Snover broke my chain

-sigh-

No shiny..

Maybe its time I hang up the pokeradar

I.
Fail.
Too.
Hard.

Rule of chaining number 1: Always stop advancing your chain at 40, you gain nothing more by getting your chain to 85 than you would at being on 40.

The next time you get to 40, stop, just keep resetting the radar, and wait for the shiny patch to appear.

Elgnit

I'd been chaining Miltank for the last week, with no progress. Yesterday, I figured i'd try once more. Got my chain to 40, reset for about 15 minutes and...

SHINY MILTANK!!!!!!

First ever shiny. I was a happy boy. :)

tonyg44x

Poke-Ballin'
well gave up on adamant zangoose and went after nincada with jolly sync
w00t forty...
woot 1 shiny, sync failed...
woot 2 shiny, sync failed..

heres hoping for a jolly one....then after that fastest pokemon ever here i come

Pimplup784

Back in Blue?
well gave up on adamant zangoose and went after nincada with jolly sync
w00t forty...
woot 1 shiny, sync failed...
woot 2 shiny, sync failed..

heres hoping for a jolly one....then after that fastest pokemon ever here i come

Congratulations, I love shiny Ninjask... I hope you get the Jolly one you're pulling for.

Elgnit said:
I'd been chaining Miltank for the last week, with no progress. Yesterday, I figured i'd try once more. Got my chain to 40, reset for about 15 minutes and...

SHINY MILTANK!!!!!!

First ever shiny. I was a happy boy.
Hahahaha, awesome, I hope you're happy with your very first. What nature was it?

Melloyu said:
caught a shiny roselia with a chain of 12 !
Lucky, hehe, what nature was it?

I might be back, we'll see, but my bro got Platinum, and I think I like Pokemon again.

maxelle

Shadow Stalker
Yeah. I found my shiny Abra on a Chain of 2 :D.

Solarlune

Epicsauce = Glaceon
My best chain: 14 Roselias in Trophy Garden, then a staravia came along and broke it. I shall try again, and maybe just find an eevee in trophy garden. I can't find one ;-;. Well, I hope I can find a shiny.

Erienne

Anime high :D
Best chain: I think 24 Budews in the route next to Hearthome City, but of course it was broken by a stupid Bibarel. I hate those so much.

lokitheodd

Holy Balogney
I managed to snag two shiny Starly yesterday. I seem to have the best of luck in that route 201 area.

I've had a lot of embaressing breaks though.

This one time, I was chaining larvitar at night alone in my room, and Azlef was still roaming, and all of a sudden when I'm at 20 something, my chain snaps before I even walk to the next patch and I hear the dramatic Sinnoh legenary music.

Oh geez, I totally freaked out,
I knew what it was, of course, but it was still startled me. x.x

I was chaining for the first time in around six months today, i got up to 29 Doduo and i got distracted by the tv and walked into a patch that i didn't see shake and i got frustrated.

Solarlune

Epicsauce = Glaceon
I managed to snag two shiny Starly yesterday. I seem to have the best of luck in that route 201 area.

I've had a lot of embaressing breaks though.

This one time, I was chaining larvitar at night alone in my room, and Azlef was still roaming, and all of a sudden when I'm at 20 something, my chain snaps before I even walk to the next patch and I hear the dramatic Sinnoh legenary music.

Oh geez, I totally freaked out,
I knew what it was, of course, but it was still startled me. x.x

I don't think Azelf roams. Azelf is the one at lake Valor. It's (last time I heard) Mesprit which is the pink one ;481;, and Crescelia ;488; who roam.No luck still, the Roselia chain is still my longest one of 14.

Last edited:

Shephard922

Were it so easy.
My chain records are 75 Magnemite, 123 Gastrodon, and 92 Voltorb. Advice, go chain at Route 222. There aren't any good pokemon there, but the grass is HUGE so it's really good practice. I watched videos when I started chaining, and they were useful, but you really have learn for yourself. You can go to patches more than 7 steps away and stuff.

Lexsonn

haha route 222 was the place I practiced too! Its the best spot imo. I got electabuzz skitty and magneton there on my first day :D

Anyways, Ive had my chain broken by Mesprit (or whichever one roams)... Kinda stinks because I usually soft reset when my chains break (whats the point if you haven't gotten any shinies yet :p)

anyhow, today I was chaining beldum and found a shiny at the 3rd chain lol... Managed to false swipe it before remembering that it only knows take down and is the hardest stinking wild pokemon to catch that isn't a one time encounter >:O I'd bring many masterballs to chain a beldum if you want a good natured and IV one...

Shephard922

Were it so easy.
I was once chaining at Route 205. I wanted a shiny Chimecho, so I was planning on chaining Chingling. I used the Radar, and went into a patch of grass. It was a normal patch, no sparkles at all, and it was a shiny chingling. At chain 0. My first chained shiny was a Pikachu at like 18 at the Trophy Garden. I love getting shinies this fast, but it does make it kind of easy, you know?

Shephard922

Were it so easy.
haha route 222 was the place I practiced too! Its the best spot imo. I got electabuzz skitty and magneton there on my first day :D

Anyways, Ive had my chain broken by Mesprit (or whichever one roams)... Kinda stinks because I usually soft reset when my chains break (whats the point if you haven't gotten any shinies yet :p)

anyhow, today I was chaining beldum and found a shiny at the 3rd chain lol... Managed to false swipe it before remembering that it only knows take down and is the hardest stinking wild pokemon to catch that isn't a one time encounter >:O I'd bring many masterballs to chain a beldum if you want a good natured and IV one...

I know, I paralyzed a nonshiny beldum and got it to like 1 health and barely caught it before it used take down. I want a shiny Metagross badly but it's so hard to chain in the sandstorm. I got to 30 something and broke it and I was like noooo.

Shephard922

Were it so easy.

I know, I paralyzed a nonshiny beldum and got it to like 1 health and barely caught it before it used take down. I want a shiny Metagross badly but it's so hard to chain in the sandstorm. I got to 30 something and broke it and I was like noooo.

Lexsonn

I got the chain to 40 first try... And I seem to do that alot :D

anyways, got 3 beldum with 2 masterballs... and I'm not chaining anymore xD all of them have either a horrible Nature or Ivs :(

Anyhow, I just found out that in the trophy garden, other pokes can appear even if its not their day.... like Igglybuff for example when it said Ditto is appearing that day. Does anyone know if the chance to find the old daily pokemon is worse that what it was on its original day, or if the daily pokemon for today's date has an added bonus for finding it?