• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Catching Shiny Pokémon with the Pokéradar - READ FIRST POST

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Shaymingal

Sparkling Sea
i tried to get red gyrados or how ever you spell it but anyways the chain broke but it wasn't even a gyrados

Shaymingal

Sparkling Sea
;munchlax;Well I just started chaining and im still trying i got a non shiny relacanth but nothing else. any body have any tips?

freedom-123

AAMayL supporter
how are u doing this...those pokemon dont even appear in grass

Shaymingal

Sparkling Sea
Oh WELL THEN I GOT IT MIXED UP! but i tried to get a picir using the chain and it worked!

Zonn13

87% Indubitable.
... I just set a record for myself. I was chaining Snorunt on my Diamond, and managed to catch a shiny at a chain of 1. I was just recharging, then some grass sparkled. It's a female Snorunt with a lax nature. Not the best, but a shiny is a shiny.

Shaymingal

Sparkling Sea
well im still on the lookout for shinies so today i tried devoting myself to chaining. I ended up with another bagon and a ditto.

Zonn13

87% Indubitable.
I think I've had my best day for chaining ever. First the shiny Snorunt, and now a shiny Vulpix! However, the Vulpix was a challenge.

Poke Tamer

Gotta Catch Em' All
Hey guys I just started chaining and so far my highest chains are 20 buizel 12 shellos and 6 sandslash, i understand the concept of chaining but I have a couple of questions:

1st Question: Where are the best spots to chain, in terms of the 4x4 grid method?

2nd Question: Is there a strategy used in chaining at sandstorm areas? For example when I chained the sandslash I just walked four spots from the middle and went around until I saw one. Because you can't see the grass wiggle very well in a sandstorm.

Bestemnx

SOUL SILVAHHH
1st Question: Where are the best spots to chain, in terms of the 4x4 grid method?

My favorite place to chain is the HUGE patch of grass on Route 222 (west of Sunyshore) and Route 202. Route 202 is the easiest to keep a chain (Shinx) but Route 222 has a lot of grass so there's a lot less resetting involved.

Hope I helped some.

Shaymingal

Sparkling Sea
Oh thanks for that tip i really don't like soft resetting my ds but it helps alot so i like using it. ! I CHAINED A BIBARREL AND GOT A TAUROS!

igora popper

Jhoto Style Trainer
im chaining some shinx at the moment, got a chain to 39, grr damn bidoof.

Edit: I also wanna know if you enter a non shiny patch, can the pokemon inside still have the normal shiny rate?

Last edited:

Poke Tamer

Gotta Catch Em' All
Could someone tell me how to go shiny hunting in the sandstorm? I've tried during early in the morning while tilting my top portion of my DS towards me but I can barely see crap, if I'm lucky I will see like one or two spots briefly or a sparkle.

JosJuice

Slightly inactive

Pokemon-Dratini

cutes.u.2.death >: )
i was chaining for a shiny mareep and got to around 55 chains and my chain broke :)*[)

then yesterday i was randomly walking around and decided i would use the poke-radar, and on the first chain i got a shiny mareep! woohoo! my 1st shiny ever

Poke Tamer

Gotta Catch Em' All
Can someone please explain to me why my chains never go to at least 40? The highest chains I've gotten so far are 29 Larvitar and 28 Drowzee and 24 Phanphy, I follow the rules on the front page and have read them numereous times, I just don't understand how some people here are getting like chains of 100+ or 50+, doesn't make any damn sense.

EDIT: Well I think my issue were those stupid patterns, I think I was too obsessed with trying to follow some theory that seemed to get my chains broken, I just went ahead and followed Suko's simple guide and I have to say that I ended up with a chain of 32 on kadabra before getting an unlucky Drowzee to end it, most likely due to chance of appearance which I completely acknowledge. Anyway my advice is just to read and understand 13mjvr's pattern guide, but not really follow it 100%.

Last edited: