• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Catching Shiny Pokemon with the PokeRadar (READ FIRST POST PLZ)

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

SEGludian

I managed to chain up a shiny cubone over the weekend. I has lightning rod instead of rock-head so I'll probably just keep it as a trophy. I only managed to get one out of the chain before breaking it.

fireblast_10

Pokemon trainer
OKay I got my sneasel chain to 13 so far...my highest for sneasels have been 21. So hopefully I won't make any mistakes and break it...

EDIT: Darn it again! It broke at 32......GRRRRR>..............

Last edited:

mifune

I took a mini vac from tues to sunday, and did some chaining, I had electrike swarming and I got it to 40, and then out pops a shiny, and like a fool I accidentally hit the run button, it ****** me off to no end, but slowly worked another chain to 40, and then was being extra careful, but after an hour of resetting, my chain broke.

I have been waiting for Electrike to swarm again, in the meantime I have been making some money to buy repels/ Ultraballs.

Ninjitsu15

Caught!
Started chaining Chatot. I was trying for Shuckle, but Chatot came up instead. Oh well

If tis chain breaks, may go after Beautifly.....Where is the best place to chain it?

Salamence96

Pokemon Breeder
Swarm today is Skitty. Both Skitty's and Delcatty's fur turn red when it's a shiny. 0.o
^ If you want to chain a Beautifly, go to Route 230, but there is a 10% chance of seeing it there. If you chain Silcoon, go to Eterna Forest for a 20% chance. Or for Wurmple, go to Eterna Forest during the morning or day for a 30% chance. Both Silcoon and Wurmple are also on honey trees.

Last edited:

Full Metal

Lolwut?
Dangit! My longest chain so far just broke. x.x Meowth of 27, 28th patch was a Staravia. D:<

akillakai

I'm currently chaining the swarm..
Magnemite. While using Magnet Pull..
It's currently at... 8.

Edit: Chaining Roselia..

Edit 2: Broke at 33.

Last edited:
At the moment I am chaining my swarm pokemon Corsola, it is currently at 10.

I made it to 40 and I am trying to catch the first shiny

Edit: The chain ended with two shinies

Last edited:

vitz

good luck to everyone who's chaining.

I set out to hunt for Pikachu a few days ago, but ended up getting a successful chain of Pichu instead (after many tries). I think I've caught 6 shinies so far, not sure how many more I should go for.

Catbus

Meeoooowwwwww
Oval Stones Anyone?

I decided to go after a Lucky Egg last night, so I loaded up my Kecleon with Thief and started chaining Chancey on Rt 209. They are a beast to find for me, but I had a few chains with no luck...all they gave me was oval stones. I decided to try them one more time and got a chain to 39 before an evil little clown's spawn broke my chain. I now have 34 oval stones...0 lucky eggs. Have any of you gone after and gotten lucky eggs? How many stones did you have to collect before you got one? At least they sell for $1050!

Pimplup784

Back in Blue?
Chaining Blissey for the same reason as above o_0. They appear in Sparkly Patches correct? I've got Yanma with Compound eyes so that might help the above poster.

Catbus

Meeoooowwwwww
Chaining Blissey for the same reason as above o_0. They appear in Sparkly Patches correct? I've got Yanma with Compound eyes so that might help the above poster.

Does that help find rare hold items like lucky eggs or just increase the occurrence frequency of pokemon with hold items? If the latter, no big deal as 3/4 had hold items, they were just all useless oval stones!

vitz

I did that once and managed to snag 2 Lucky Eggs. I didn't go very far with the chain, it must have broken at around 17. I'm pretty sure Compound Eyes just increases the chance of finding wild pokemon with held items, it's not an influence on the item itself.

waterlunar

Teh Spriteh Dude
Compound Eyes might help just to have more item chance = more egg chance. When I went thiefing for Lucky Eggs I got 6 when I reached 40 :]

Catbus

Meeoooowwwwww
Tried again and got 2 eggs from the first 10 chanseys...funny how odds work usually...

@Mifune: I feel your pain. The 2nd radar shiny I ever encountered (It was a shinx) I accidently pressed 'run' in my haste to open the bag, it totally sucks. Though one good thing is that it has made me paranoid to accidently running from shinies for my whole chaining career (I always press right in the bottom left corner of the bag option) and I have never accidently run again.

You are going very good though, if you got two different chains to 40, keep trying and you'll see a blue electrike soon.

I currently have a pineco chain in the low twenties. ;123;

PokInfinity

Seriously
@Mifune: I feel your pain. The 2nd radar shiny I ever encountered (It was a shinx) I accidently pressed 'run' in my haste to open the bag, it totally sucks. Though one good thing is that it has made me paranoid to accidently running from shinies for my whole chaining career (I always press right in the bottom left corner of the bag option) and I have never accidently run again.

Yes, I got the same paranoia when I first ran from a chain of 30 togepi. When I did, I just stared at it for five minutes wondering why I would do such a thing.

Yes, I got the same paranoia when I first ran from a chain of 30 togepi. When I did, I just stared at it for five minutes wondering why I would do such a thing.

I have an even worse story. I was chaining ralts for synchers but I bumped into a kirlia instead, so I started to chain it.
Even though it has a 1% encounter rate, I somehow managed to get to 30.
Now at 32, a shiny patch appeared. At that moment, I was thankful that I happened to have an adamant abra with me, but then I regretted it.
I walked to the patch and opened the menu. But I was switching out abra, I accidentally hit teleport .___.
Now I ALWAYS remove teleport from my synchers before I start a chain.
Even though I have 19 shiny ralts' on pearl, I will probably never forgive myself for that.

In other news, I'm at 6 shinies from my scyther chain. I haven't much time to reset due to schoolwork. I'll proably try to end the chain today, with about 10or so shinies.
Good luck everyone.

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
guys come on what the hell, if you want this thread to stay then you need to keep it to 1 post every 15 posts, at least 2 people have broken that rule on this page alone, i can easily see as to why erik is getting peeved off, as no one seems to follow the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.