• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Catching Shiny Pokemon with the PokeRadar (READ FIRST POST PLZ)

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Leo

The Dark Side
got a shiny shinx last night. for some reason the shiny patch was different than my shiny swellow's. Swellow's shiny patch was bright and had a lot of sparkles, but when I caught shiny shinx, the shiny patch was dark purple with 1 sparkle. why is that?

VenoSpyder

I'll bite you...
Last night, I caught a shiny Smoochum on a chain of 5.

Later, a Geodude chain I started reached 40, and after about 30 or so max repels, I caught my shiny Geodude. I nicknamed it Goldmine.

VTUSH

<---Hatched
got a shiny shinx last night. for some reason the shiny patch was different than my shiny swellow's. Swellow's shiny patch was bright and had a lot of sparkles, but when I caught shiny shinx, the shiny patch was dark purple with 1 sparkle. why is that?

dark purple??
ive never seen that in my life of chaining, has anyone else?
anyway tried chaining glemeow but it always seems to break in the high 20s, it broke on 29 this time. Ive given up on it for now.

Dr. Ake

I've been chaining for awhile, and haven't gotten a chain over a max of 18. That was only twice. They always seem to break, for no reason. I'm following the guides and everything. This is getting really frustrating...

Dr. Ake

I've been chaining for awhile, and haven't gotten a chain over a max of 18. That was only twice. They always seem to break, for no reason. I'm following the guides and everything. This is getting really frustrating...

onyxeyes

I was really upset earlier. I was chaining Shinx again because I apparently now have a shiny Shinx obsession, I got the chain to 40 and was resetting the radar but every now and then I would continue the chain. Well, the chain got to 66 and a bunch of resets and still no shiny, I was continuing my pattern of adding to the chain after every few resets when I went into a patch of grass that should have had another Shinx in it, and it broke! I was devastated.

Lishus13

Poli-Spriter!
I've caught 4 shiny Doduos earlier this week.
My 2nd try, I managed to reach 40. Chain broke at 51 by Starly. The first one was holding an item:D

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t31/ChaosCross/109.jpg Shiny Doduo #1
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t31/ChaosCross/183.jpg #2
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t31/ChaosCross/184.jpg #3
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t31/ChaosCross/185.jpg #4

Those are the best natured Shinies I have seen in a while, especially for Doduo. I would KILL for one of them X_X.

Stupid Modest Shiny Cubone >_> Why couldn't you have been Adamant ;__;

Ankh

Whelp, I've been trying to chain a Ralts for freakn'n ever, and I've failed several times, but my favorite is, when I finally got a 40 chain, I put my unleveled syncher in front, totally making the repel worthless.

But I've finally got another 40, so, if you'll excuse me, I have to go catch my first shiny. Ever.

HazzaY2J

</3 Kid
I started chaining for Bagon best chain was only 5:( Im gonna keep on trying though Bagon looks like Yoshi:p

anand50

well ve only jsut started chaining got my longest one of 19 flaotzel today to beat prev of 16 meditite.

Question i want to ask is if yuo chain say three then the patches that wiggle arent suitable, do you just walk around then reset the radar until you find another suitable patch?
also i still dont get what it means to go out of the radars range could yu explain?

side note i found a shiny roselia randomly then accidwenally fainted it ah well,,,

Lishus13

Poli-Spriter!
well ve only jsut started chaining got my longest one of 19 flaotzel today to beat prev of 16 meditite.

Question i want to ask is if yuo chain say three then the patches that wiggle arent suitable, do you just walk around then reset the radar until you find another suitable patch?
also i still dont get what it means to go out of the radars range could yu explain?

side note i found a shiny roselia randomly then accidwenally fainted it ah well,,,

Well, for your first question, if you started the chain with a normal "non-shiny" shaking patch. you should continue with the same type of patch all the way thru your chain. You can have 3 of the wrong type of patch and 1 of the correct type and it would be pretty safe. The safest patch is always in the "4th" ring, or in otherwords, a patch that is 4 steps away either vertically or horizontally.

Whe you go outisde the radar's range, it means all the patches of grass that Shined/Shook went OFF the screen. ALL the patches, you can have SOME of them go off the screen and still be OK.

Last edited:

Ammako

When you go outisde the radar's range, it means all the patches of grass that shined went OFF the screen. ALL the patches, you can have SOME of them go off the screen and still be OK.

SHONE.

Anyway, I'm getting good at this: I got a total of 3 PR shinies, one got traded.

The most recent one was a Zigzagoon, it appeared before 40.

help

Wi-fi name is Spice
my guide still isn't on the first page. ARGGG!!!!!!! WHY!!!!!! Check in my sig for MY guide on chaining.

Namikaze

The One and Only
it takes a long while, it helps to keep a poke with false swipe on you though. i recommend scizor. that way, your prepared for those random encounters too.

anand50

also obviously you chain in areas of grass

does that mean that for water pokemon etc found when surfing, or cave pomemon, the only chance of getting a shiny of these is a random encounter since i assume you cant chain in these environments?

shinyhunter011

shiny hunter
well im sring for a shiny palkia i might quit though taking for ever.. =/

anand50

got a chain of 32 bidoof highest yet

then it was broken by a bloody starly, even though the aptch looked right and everything. is it always due to the wrong patch or can a chain break randomly?

Hurricos

Shiny Collector
Like always a patch in the 4 ring is never 100% safe:( Anyway, just recently had a chain of 36 Swablu break:( Oh well:)

Status
Not open for further replies.