• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Catching shiny pokemon with the pokeradar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark

Galaxy Trainer
I don't understand this! Can someone explain it to me.

AerialAce!

Inconceivable!
I dont get it either.

Are you saying that pokemon are still random while using pokeradar.

You have the best chance of keeping your chain moving by hitting the moving patch of grass that is farther from you than the others are (if there are more than one). It's never certain that it'll be the same Pokémon, but it's VERY likely.

Just got a chain of 9 Raticates, and that's my best record. -_-

Shuko

Pippi! Pi!
So its almost impossible to get a 70+ chain?
Probably about as impossible as running into a shiny under normal wild conditions. :p Not impossible, but VERY unlikely, lol.

Taylor Ray

Newest shiny
When you complete the Sinnoh Dex and go to Rowan's house. Oak will give you the National Dex & Rowan will give you the PokeRadar.

Uxie

BOO!!
So let me get this straight, you just have to get a 40-60 chain of Pokemon using the PokeRadar and Repels to get a shiny? That seems too easy.

to easy...uh...highest chain is 15....

Uxie

BOO!!
Probably about as impossible as running into a shiny under normal wild conditions. :p Not impossible, but VERY unlikely, lol.

and who has that much time anyways?

Rakurai

I spent two days only using the Poke Radar to try and get a shiny Shinx, and got one after 55 in a row. Most of my streaks broke in the mid 10s to the lower 20s.

You're not even guaranteed to get a shiny if you manage to get the streak to last that long, either. But the chances definitely seem better.

Rakurai

From my experience, a route having less Pokemon doesn't make getting a long streak any easier.

Vespiking

weird i never heard about that. sounds to me its not true

legendary pkm master

Water Pokemon Master
weird i never heard about that. sounds to me its not true

umm it is true...
when you use the pokeradar, the grass patches like sparkle and move and stuff but if you are lucky and the pokeradar pokemon is shiny...the grass sparkle and chnage colors alot slower and you will deffenantly know that a rare pokemon is there.
i had a chain of 7 pokemon but i wasnt trying
it was tyrouges
it was kool

Taylor Ray

Newest shiny
If it is a common pokemon, it just shakes.
If it is a rare pokemon, it shines.
If it is a shiny, it sparkles really fast. IIRC

Scythe

Using the pokeradar i have caught a shiny swablu the grass sparked and i was dreading bumping into anything befor it as i had not bought any repels

VF-dry bones

Re-playing Fire Red.
If it is a common pokemon, it just shakes.
If it is a rare pokemon, it shines.
If it is a shiny, it sparkles really fast. IIRC

Thanks, that really helped.

However ims till confused into how you get the Pokeradar?

I know you have to see 15o different Pokemon to get the Nat Dex. but yous aid i have to get complete the Sinnoh Dex to get the Nat Dex.... how is that possible?

please help.
so far i havent beaten the E4 and ive only seen like 110

lego_man99

Hunting Shiny Zubat
Highest chain i have so far is 7 starly :( it breaks really easy, im after a shinx if anythin

Shinou lover

We will pown you!!!
The grass shakes differently for each pokemon. Lets take r218 with ditto's as an example. The grass with ditto shines much slower then the grass with Flatsel. So if you go into the slow-glowing grass you will always get ditto.

Status
Not open for further replies.