• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Catching shiny pokemon with the pokeradar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Hello eveybody,

I haven`t posted for a while. I have caught quite a few more shinies. I like my Golden Geodude
074-3.png

Anyway, my next target Pokemon is to get a Clefable
036-3.png
I don`t think many People use them that much and I really like the metronome move.

So to get a Clefable, I need to catch a
173-3.png
or
035-3.png
. The only places I can get a Cleffa or a Clefairy is from the Trophy Garden (To chain).

Has anybody chained one before? Is Clefairy one on the Pokemon which is put into the garden or is it always there. The chances of one showing up is 5% and I have no come across one there yet.

Another side question I have is, has anybody every breeded Pokemon to try and get a shiny? I have got about 40 baby Cleffa but no luck yet. I know it is early days, has anybody every got a shiny from breeding here? How many eggs did you have to hatch? Does it help breeding with another shiny?

Thanks in advance ^-^

I believe Clefairy is always there. Yesterday I was chaining one, and the Trophy Garden man said nothing about it. Just go into a normal patch, not a sparkling patch.
I managed to hatch a shiny Buneary in my last game file before it got deleted, and I had to hatch a lot of eggs. I wasn't actually looking for a shiny one, I was breeding for a good moveset, nature, and characteristics. I was hatching eggs for about 2 weeks.
Breeding with another shiny doesn't help. The chances of it being shiny are still the same as usual.

I managed to get a shiny Roselia at a chain of 39 yesterday.

bWo

Were Taking Over!
Chained 7 Beautiflys,no success.

Gabriel Rocha Nascimento

Garoto de Macaé
Which Pokémon may flee from battle while chaining?

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
^Pokemon with Roar, Whirlwind can force you to flee. A Pokemon with Suction Cups helps.

Attempting another Eevee chain, this time following the patterns listed by 13mjvr.

Broke one chain so far at 1, lol.

Gabriel Rocha Nascimento

Garoto de Macaé
o_O

13mjvr has a doubt
Hallelujah

Kidding ;)

Pimplup784

Back in Blue?
I got a pidgey chain to 42 and I did the dumbest thing ever. I switched to my lv 31 Magnezone so I could paralyze the shiny faster(thought it had whirlwind) and catch it. But I forgot that Max Repels only work when your pokemon is a higher level. Oh well. i'll chain Bagon now.

Gabriel Rocha Nascimento

Garoto de Macaé
I got a pidgey chain to 42 and I did the dumbest thing ever. I switched to my lv 31 Magnezone so I could paralyze the shiny faster(thought it had whirlwind) and catch it. But I forgot that Max Repels only work when your pokemon is a higher level. Oh well. i'll chain Bagon now.

I wouldnt if that happened to me...
But I understand what you did... We kinda "automatize" ourselves to the things we must do "use repels, go into the right patches, chain 40" and we forget the basics...

I have a Lv. 31 Gardevoir and I noticed I hadnt cared about the levels a lot of time after I started chaining... Luckily, the Pokemon were level 11~15...

Once (Im in my second succesful chain now, so it was the first one) I forgot to use the repel right after the last one had lost its effect...

Luck, Jakobo... You'll do it!

Last edited:
I just found out something that might really help in chaining.
We all know that the 4th patch is safest, though chains might break when we enter the 4th one. Why? It's complicated. However, sometimes you can easily tell if the 4th patch is safest or not. How do you do this you ask? I'll explain with an example:
4 4 x 4 4 4 4 4 4
4 3 3 3 3 x 3 3 4
4 3 2 2 2 2 x 3 4
4 3 2 1 1 1 2 3 4
4 3 2 1 0 x 2 3 4
4 3 2 1 1 1 2 3 4
4 3 2 2 2 2 2 3 4
4 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 4
4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4
Now let's say I am chaining in sparkly grass. When the 2nd and 3rd patches are connected diagonally (as seen above) there chances of continiung your chain are halved if you enter one of these patches (2nd and 3rd). However, since the 2nd patch has a low chance of continueing your chain, so does the 3rd patch. Thus the 4th patch is the safest patch. Plus if the first patch is normal, the safety of th 4th patch increases a little.

This is not the only example however. Let's say i'm chianing in sparkly grass again. The 4th patch is sparkly but the 3rd patch is normal, the 4th patch is made very safe patch. However sometimes the saftest patch is switched to the 2nd patch so it might not always work. But if the second patch is also normal, the 4th patch will have a very low chance of breaking your chain. And as we all know, if all the patches except the 4th one are normal, the 4th patch will NEVER break you chain (unless if it is on the edge).

Right now, I have a chain of 15 nidorino, but i'n only trying to go into the 4th patch if I see that the other 3 patches are very unsafe, as I explained before. Otherwise, I'll reset.
I hope this works for you all, as it seems to be working for me.

Cutty

Forever now
Hello eveybody,

I haven`t posted for a while. I have caught quite a few more shinies. I like my Golden Geodude
074-3.png

Anyway, my next target Pokemon is to get a Clefable
036-3.png
I don`t think many People use them that much and I really like the metronome move.

So to get a Clefable, I need to catch a
173-3.png
or
035-3.png
. The only places I can get a Cleffa or a Clefairy is from the Trophy Garden (To chain).

Has anybody chained one before? Is Clefairy one on the Pokemon which is put into the garden or is it always there. The chances of one showing up is 5% and I have no come across one there yet.

Another side question I have is, has anybody every breeded Pokemon to try and get a shiny? I have got about 40 baby Cleffa but no luck yet. I know it is early days, has anybody every got a shiny from breeding here? How many eggs did you have to hatch? Does it help breeding with another shiny?

Thanks in advance ^-^

Hey, Takoyaki, welcome back. Havent seen you for quite long time.^^ Congratz on your Geodude. The last time I read you, you're still struggling to get shiny Gastly.

Im still struggling to get a shiny from breeding eggs too. So far 600 eggs and no shiny. =/ (I wont tell what pokemon).
Yeah, you'd better breed unchainable pokemon. From what I read on various pokemon forums, you'll likely to get a shiny after breeding around 1000 - 3000 eggs (thats the average). So keep on trying.

My pokeradar hates me.
I had a good chain of nidorino going. When I went into the 36th patch I didn't look at my bottom screen. Then I looked at the top screen and I see...floatzel.
The look on my face afterwards: -_____________________________-

Gabriel Rocha Nascimento

Garoto de Macaé
I got 2 Misdreavus...

Well, everytime I see the learnsets of the Pokemon, I regret a bit...
You know... A lot of good egg moves...
Id like to USE a shiny...
Then I guess Ill need to chain a genderless or a 100% male Pokemon, but Tyrogue.

4 now

Last edited:
I'm doing some radar research with nidorino, and it's working :)
Hopefully my research will help me get to 40.
EDIT: My research is going very well. I broke a chain by accident before but now I have a chain of 16 nidorino. So far I have only entered mine or 13mjvr's patterns, sadly it's taking very long u.u
EDIT 2: I broke another chain at 37. This time it was because of 13mjvr's foot pattern, which wasn't supposed to break my chain. Unfortunately it did ='( On the other hand, my research is working EXCELLENTLY. So far my patterns have always been nidorino. I just need to get to 40 to prove my theory right.

Last edited:

Kreis

Still Dirrty
I'm doing some radar research with nidorino, and it's working :)
Hopefully my research will help me get to 40.
EDIT: My research is going very well. I broke a chain by accident before but now I have a chain of 16 nidorino. So far I have only entered mine or 13mjvr's patterns, sadly it's taking very long u.u
EDIT 2: I broke another chain at 37. This time it was because of 13mjvr's foot pattern, which wasn't supposed to break my chain. Unfortunately it did ='( On the other hand, my research is working EXCELLENTLY. So far my patterns have always been nidorino. I just need to get to 40 to prove my theory right.

I've gotten 3 shiny Kirlia's in the 'shiny' grass before, and I just did it the normal way. I could have also gotten a fourth shiny Kirlia, but I forgot the fact that it could use teleport. So, your theory could be right, but I've done it another way and it seems to be working fine, both normal and sparkly patches.

You actually managed to chain kirlia? I never found one in my game.
I beleive they only have a 1% encounter rate, so congrats :0
If I manage to prove my theory right, I might chain kirlia (if i every find one).

Status
Not open for further replies.