1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Catching shiny pokemon with the pokeradar

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation IV Discussion' started by shadow3944, May 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Congrats! Did you use the radar?
    Still no luck with nidorino. I already broke 2 chains under 10 in a row. Once I find another, i'll only use my patterns.

2. Kreis

Kreis Still Dirrty

Really? I find the very common on Route 203. Anyway, good luck on your Nidorino.

3. Thanks for the luck =)
    I'm still at 5 on my newest nidorino chain, hopefully this will be the chain I will get to 40.
    Good luck everyone else.
    EDIT: I'm probably wrong but if the 4th patch is not sparkly but the 3rd one is, The 3rd one doesn't seem to break your chain. I'm not confirming this but it has worked a few times before and just now with nidorino.
    EDIT: I broke my chain of nidorino. And now i'm actually chaining kirlia. It only took me 3 tries to find :p.
    I have my adamant syncer/taunter unmbreon with me, so catching the shiny kirlia(if i find it) will be easy.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2008
  4. Narumaru

Narumaru <---- Favorite Shiny

Thanks and yah I got it with the pokeradar on my 11 or 13 chain.

5. Pimplup784

Pimplup784 Back in Blue?

I'm still wondering who I should chain next. I don't know if it should be Bagon, Ralts, Starly, or Sneasel. Can you guys please help me narrow it down?

6. Shellos

Shellos From the East Sea!

My swarm today is Spoink..I really want the shiny of that. I got up to a 31 chain of it and then it broke. D: I should have starting searching for shinies instead of increasing my chain..meh.

7. Aesir22

Aesir22 Well-Known Member

my hoppip chain broke at 39...no shiny

8. 13mjvr

13mjvr Shinyhunter

how???? I proved many times by switching my DS's light and I used different angles... I can't see through snow :s

9. Pimplup784

Pimplup784 Back in Blue?

I'm going to chain misdreavus. Hope I nail it this time LOL. If not that, I'll go for shinx.

10. pinkerdroit

pinkerdroit oishii desu ne

A little bit ago I checked my swarm and it's Electrike..
    My first try I got to 23 but then Shellos ruined everything. :[

*tries again*

11. Pimplup784

Pimplup784 Back in Blue?

I used 13mjvr's ladder pattern method, and it broke my chain. Ah oh well; the chain wasn't very high anyway.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2008
  12. Kreis

Kreis Still Dirrty

There is a very good guide that a member here, _____, has written. I have managed to get a lot of radar shinies following the guide. I don't want to say her name, just incase she doesn't want me to show everyone, which I highly doubt. But I'll ask her.

Also, what is the ladder method?

13. Takoyaki

Takoyaki Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I will try to get a Cleffa from the Trophy Garden. Today I have Meowth, so I have to wait for tomorrow and see if he puts a Cleffa in or not.

The Metronome move is cool, isn`t it. I can`t wait to use it in battle and surprised my opponents. I think I will give it a miss breeding for a shiny.

If I have some time today, I think I will try and get a shiny Solrock
    [​IMG] Not my favourite Pokemon, but is a bit different. I have not seen many people using it.

14. Pimplup784

Pimplup784 Back in Blue?

The ladder method is my mistake. i meant pattern. It is a pattern where 3 patches of grass are connected diagonally. I'll edit my post now.

15. Ginji

Ginji <-most recent shiny

hmmm have u tried playing in a dark room?

16. ground tamer

ground tamer Hahahahahaha

My chain yesterday was phanpy, and i never really decided to chain it.

Today is Drowze(sp) I hope to get a chain up to 40 later...

17. Chaos Element: X

Chaos Element: X ♪♫ 勝利は私の物です‼

Lame-ness! Goodbye Shiny Absol!

So lame! My latest chain was Absol, of which I managed to capture 9 Shiny Absol after 2 days and 190 Max Repels. However, I worked hard to find the 10th Shiny Absol... And I did! I found her! I battled her! I damaged her until her HP was red! And I tried to throw a Dusk Ball at her... But my game said, "P.C. Box is full!" And I couldn't throw that Dusk Ball. So I fainted her, and that was the end of my chain. Absol Number 41-50 were all Shiny... But Absol Number 50 was the only one I had to purposefully knock-out.

Using a Synchronizer, I was able to capture only 3 Adamant Natures; one of which was female with the Super Luck ability (The one I'll be keeping, of course, and naming Crimson!)

And that'll be all for now. No more Shiny Pokemon chaining (until later on). Ten Absol is more than enough. And now, I've got to figure out how to open-up more space in my P.C. Boxes...

18. 13mjvr

13mjvr Shinyhunter

Well.... I made my Zangoose Chain, and caught 2 shinies, one of them with Jolly Nature. Chain Broke due a shiny patch in the edge.... and I didn't catch a good IVed one, so I'll make this chain again later. I made it in my first attempt, so my first attempt record is of 16 chains in a row now....

However, I tried to chain Seviper and my chain was broken at 39 by a stupid Bidoof u.u... that put an end to my record. Now, I'm trying again chaining Seviper... the revenge :p

Pokemon: Seviper
    Attempts: 2
    Current Chain: 15
    4-zone patches: 10
    3-zone patches: 2
    2-zone patches: 2
    1-zone patches: 1
    Shinies: 0
    Good Nature: -

I think I'll do it this time..... I hope so. I have to add some charts to my theory of PATTERNS, and make some corrections, but I'll post it during the following two days.
    And about the ladder pattern, I recommend not using it, it works, however, two patterns may appear at once, so you should use the ladder pattern until you see the whole theory ;)
    And I also recommend to other chainers trying to prove their "pattern theories" not to doing that, because that could cause confusion. I'll post mine in less than two days (I'm trying to make a great guide for you, with good examples)... maybe, after I post my guide, you can discover new patterns, and we can add them to the guide ;) that's the reason I want to post it here.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2008
  19. Takoyaki

Cool, thanks for the help!

20. Takoyaki

Thanks for the advice ^-^ Good luck in breeding for your secret Pokemon ^-^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.