• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Catching shiny pokemon with the pokeradar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokerealm

Newest Shiny~
What's the twin pattern?

I haven't chained anything in a while...I really only want to chain my swarm, but they all seem to suck nowadays.

http://serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=7426604&postcount=8533

Last edited:

Pimplup784

Back in Blue?
If anyone wants on of the 10 abras I caught earlier today from chaining, pm me.

Mon_Goose

Cyrus fangirl
Decided to pick up my Pokemon games after a few months break. Started off looking for Larvitar, but ended up chaining Machop to settle an old score with a chain that broke at 40 after 2 hours of shinyless resetting. The chain broke at 22 thanks to the only shaking patch being right at the left edge of the screen and me forgetting that and walking to the right >.<. Now chaining Larvitar with a chain of 9 after the first chain broke at three by a Kricketot.

Good luck with larvitar mon goose!
Also congrats on the 7 shiny kirlias, I find them nearly impossible to chain. My highest (and only) chain with kirlia was 12.
I have another chain of magby at 7, this time i'm going to try to get to 40, even though I got a shiny at 33 on my previous chain.
Good luck everyone else.

Mon_Goose

Cyrus fangirl
Good luck to you too and congrats on the Magby, and the reason that I was chaining Kirlias was that I was EV training my Latios, but I got lucky and the chain just kept going.

Oh, yeah. And while I'm posting this, I might as well say that my Larvitar chain is on 19.

Thanks for the congrats =) My current magby chain has just reached 20.
I hope I can get this one to 40, or at least get another shiny magby, even if it means breaking my chain.

pinkerdroit

oishii desu ne
Sweet! Good luck the rest of the way, shiny_arceus ^_^

My swarm today is Skitty. I've caught a shiny one already, but the area was nice to chain in, so I'm going to at least give it a few tries today.

Current chain is at 1 ;)

Thanks for the luck n.n Also good luck with skitty!
I'm resetting for a good 25th magby patch, so it might take a while to get to 40.
Good luck everyone else
EDIT: found a good 25th magby patch, and a good 26th one appeared in 1 reset after the 25th.

Last edited:

ground tamer

Hahahahahaha
I currently have my Drowzee chain at 22. This is my second attempt so i am hoping that it will last only 18 more drowzees...

Pimplup784

Back in Blue?
I'm going to chain one of my old targets, Ralts. The chain got pretty high last time so I'm confident. If I screw this up I'll go back to my other old target, Sneasel.

Pokerealm

Newest Shiny~
Going to try another Vulpix chain...

Lord_Soto

My chains seem to break on the "Shoe" pattern for some reason. Chain of 38 nidorin males broke last night... but the next chain gave a shiny bush at chain of 2... Didn't get a good nature or enough to have the whole evolution chain, so I'm back to chaining today.

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
Thanks for the post, PokeRealm.

Is it true that it is easier to find Eevee/Porygon/ in Trophy Garden if you go into only normal patches?

pinkerdroit

oishii desu ne
@_@ My first Skitty chain was going great but then I accidently ran into Flaafy while looking for a place to reset.

I'm chaining Chatot in the same area, just got to 10.

Pokerealm

Newest Shiny~
Thanks for the post, PokeRealm.

Is it true that it is easier to find Eevee/Porygon/ in Trophy Garden if you go into only normal patches?

Mm.. not sure, but it seems easier to find GBA insertion Pokémon in normal patches rather than rare patches, though they have a 8% encounter rate.

Vulpix chain is at 10 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.