• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Catching shiny pokemon with the pokeradar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor Ray

Newest shiny
Actually, it sort of does. My shiny Machoke has a red entry and number on its summary page.

MidnightStorm

Hey, I found something, but you might already know this but here it is. Theres a way to stop the radar from just going off by itself, I found a solution that will prevent that from happening. When the grass rustles, say one is in the top right corner, and the other bottom left. If you go to ANY part of the grass that will cause another patch to go out of view on the DS screen, then it shuts off. So basically, make sure you stay in view of every patch of grass that rustles.

You may ask, well after a battle it turned off. Well, at the same time you got in that battle, one patch went out of view, but the battle took place first, then after, the radar shut off.

I tested this a few times, although not many, and it worked, the Pokeradar turned off. Hope I helped you, and good luck.

Taylor Ray

Newest shiny
Hmm, interesting, thanks for the info.

JoeyRavn

Which is the route with less wild pokémon species? Something like Wynauts in Mirage Island on Emerald would be awesome for getting shinies this way :)

Pokerealm

Newest Shiny~
That doesn't matter.
Then you'll find Pokémon you normally wouldn't find on that route

Shuko

Pippi! Pi!
Nyeheheh... I'll be attacking the Pokemon mansion when I get the Pokeradar. :D Shiny Eevee, Porygon, Happiny, and Cleffa here I come! :D

Come to think of it... when I got my shiny Staravia on my Japanese Pearl, I'm pretty sure I was using the Pokeradar. o.o I wonder if it's just a coincidence...

I've been reading this thread and a lot of you seem just really lucky. o-o Shinies only after a four length chain? Wow. Anyway, my current highest is 48 and still no shiny so I have no idea if it really is true that the longer your chain the better your chances.

However I do know for a fact the farther away the patch of grass, the better the chance is that the Pokemon will be the one you're looking for. They even say so in the game.

I'm currently still trying to figure out if things like Static help or not. Sometimes it seems like it does, other times it doesn't. :/ So I dunno. Best of luck to everyone.

Shinou lover

We will pown you!!!
Hey, I found something, but you might already know this but here it is. Theres a way to stop the radar from just going off by itself, I found a solution that will prevent that from happening. When the grass rustles, say one is in the top right corner, and the other bottom left. If you go to ANY part of the grass that will cause another patch to go out of view on the DS screen, then it shuts off. So basically, make sure you stay in view of every patch of grass that rustles.

You may ask, well after a battle it turned off. Well, at the same time you got in that battle, one patch went out of view, but the battle took place first, then after, the radar shut off.

I tested this a few times, although not many, and it worked, the Pokeradar turned off. Hope I helped you, and good luck.

Actually if you defeat or catch the pokemon the pokeradar uses itself again.

Bahamut4k

That's a nice find ! Will save alot of ppl the frustration of the pokéradar turning itself off ^^.
GJ Midnightstorm

Princess Reina

lalala....
Nyeheheh... I\'ll be attacking the Pokemon mansion when I get the Pokeradar. :D Shiny Eevee, Porygon, Happiny, and Cleffa here I come! :D

Come to think of it... when I got my shiny Staravia on my Japanese Pearl, I\'m pretty sure I was using the Pokeradar. o.o I wonder if it\'s just a coincidence...

Not only Eevee, Porygon, Happiny etc. will pop out. Roselia and Pikachu may break your chain easily.

Metagross

These are all theories, as we all know shinies more down to luck and hard work.

The Priest

I can't get nice chains, :S but anyway shinies is a lot of hard work and i don't want to waste my time on it actually

Rakurai

I like to use the Poke radar while I EV train, or train normally. Not only does it make things faster (Since you can get more of the Pokemon that gives out the right EV or the most EXP), but it gives you a better chance at getting a shiny.

SuperLink

Biggest chain I've gotten with PokéRadar is like 7 or 8. I watched that YouTube video though, very interesting how that guy just kept using the PokéRadar every 50 steps & used Max Repels & just stayed away from the shaking grass. I might give that a try, can anyone confirm that it works?

Also, I will try to keep all the patches of grass in the screen.

While we're at it, does anyone know a good way to find the Rare Non-Sinnoh Pokémon a bit easier? I was killing myself to find a Dusclops, & I didn't find one Duskull, had to breed one instead! Also I looked for a Kirlia but couldn't find any.

Deucalion

Have a nice day!
Finally! I'VE DONE IT! A chain of 47 Starly, No. 47 being the shiny one. It is RALLY hard of getting a chain bigger than 20+. It takes ages. Still, it's a lot quicker than doing it the hard way. (i.e: luck)

SuperLink

So if you keep going to the patch of grass furthest away, you will start a chain going? Of the same Pokémon? What happens if you get a different Pokémon? *Is confused*

Bahamut4k

So if you keep going to the patch of grass furthest away, you will start a chain going? Of the same Pokémon? What happens if you get a different Pokémon? *Is confused*

If you go to the patch furthest away, you have a higher chance of encountering the pokémon you last encountered (which starts/continues your current chain).

If you encounter a different pokémon, the chain is broken and you have to start again.

SuperLink

So the higher you chain of the same Pokémon is, the better your chances of finding a shiny?

Could be a nuisance...

Might just leave it up to luck! If I don't find one I don't find one XD

Status
Not open for further replies.