• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Catching shiny pokemon with the pokeradar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Luck, and thanks for the sympathy:p. By the way, can anyone tell me that thing that you guys were talking about ages ago, about going into a patch ONLY if they all shake the same way (chaining eevee)?

Hmm, well what exactly did you want to know about doing it like that?
That's more or less all we done.. Only enter the patches on the 4th row if they were all Sparkly, and of course, all visible.
This is what I done that suddenly gave me a good first success with my Eevee chain, but since then it turns out that it doesn't appear to be an all that reliable method of chaining, if it's your thing to know the safe/unsafe pattern formations:]

But now I just go into any old 4th row Sparkly bush and still have a good rate of success... Well, that was, until I visited the Valley Windworks... >_>
That place is riddled with bad luck.

I haven't been able to chain anything after my spectacular one Shiny Gastly, mainly because of other things that need doing:[
I want to get even just another one or two new Shinies soon, so I might do something quick and painless, like Kricket... Uh, no, maybe not <_<
I'll try something later, so hopefully my bad luck from the Windworks has worn off by now^-^'

Good luck everyone, and an extra GOOD LUCK with your Absol pinkerdroit!~
They will be worth your patience:D

(Aw man, I just remembered that my dream last night had loads of zombies in it... What a fantastic way to start your morning:/)

Last edited:

pinkerdroit

oishii desu ne
I haven't been able to chain anything after my spectacular one Shiny Gastly, mainly because of other things that need doing:[
I want to get even just another one or two new Shinies soon, so I might do something quick and painless, like Kricket... Uh, no, maybe not <_<
I'll try something later, so hopefully my bad luck from the Windworks has worn off by now^-^'

Good luck everyone, and an extra GOOD LUCK with your Absol pinkerdroit!~
They will be worth your patience:D

=O Kricketune...? There's no way chaining it could be painless :p

^___^ Thanks for the luck!! I really hope I can get a chain to 40.. I want an Adamant Absol after seeing what my Snowball (Jolly) can do..

Speaking of which I'm going to try again as soon. *crosses fingers*

Good luck to anyone else chaining.

Shiny Arceus: Your chaining research of lined patterns seems to be very interesting. Maybe you can discover how lined arranges affect a chain. When I get some time, I'll prove lined arranges in my next research, too ;)
Welcome back 13mjvr! Congrats on the shiny eevees, too bad none of them have good ivs :( Don't think you're the only one. I caught 16 shiny eevees, and none of them had 31 ivs in anything, but some had okay ivs.
Also I'm glad you liked my research. The main purpose of it all was to find out which patch would be safe when you have a lined pattern rather than having to reset the radar. I'm also trying to find out which patch is safest when 2 lined patterns appear at the same time, because that seems to happen to me a lot.

I'm still chaining nincada. With my lined-pattern research I hope to get to 40 soon, but so far I've only managed to get 2 chains above 20:/ Darn nincada are so stubborn.
My current chain is at a tremendous...4!

CandyRobot

@Candy - Good luck with your Skitty! Also you might want to make your signature picture a bit smaller..

Anyways,
I'm chaining Absol finally, chain @ a very impressive 3 so far. ;p

Changed my signature. XD Didn't even see your post before I did it... :)

Also thought it was too big. Well anyways....

I don't get past 17 anymore....T_T

Congrats on the shiny eevees mephisto!
You should reset if you want more shiny eevees, because the chance of seeing a shiny patch will not go higher once you reach 40.

My nincada chain is at 15, 25 more to go.

The chances of getting a shiny at 40 are 0.5% for each patch, but if you reset at 41, it's still 0.5% and if you are crazy enough to reset at 200, it's still 0.5%.
So basically, once you hit 40, do not try to increase your chain unless you are really bored.

My nincada chain is at 17 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.