• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Catching shiny pokemon with the pokeradar

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadow3944

The Legend Himself
So, a very scary thought came to me:
What if the shiny patch is right behind your character's head? D:

Would it even be noticeable?
When I was chaining ralts, I noticed it. It is very easy and visible when it's at night.
Still going after a shiny elekid but will be chaining elekid while EV training one. XD

@Justinkelly- It isn't raining in route 213. Oo; That's route 217 (I think) Where drowzee swarms.

Last edited:

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
I chained 29 Swablu tonight before the chain got broken by a Graveler. Stupid Graveler . . .

You know though, it's less irritating if I don't look at the chain count when I go into the patch. I seem to have an easier time with just seeing another Pokemon. I can't stand it when my chain count disappears.

~*DarkAbsol*~

run, i'll attack~~*
I chained 40 shinx and was able to get 4 shinies out of it 0_0 i surprised myself! lol..good luck to everyone else hunting ^_^

m15-07

EX/Ace Ruin Maniac
on the first page there is so much to read and remember and the point in shiny pokemon is that so that they are rare and coming across 1 means youv got lucky but doing this chaining thing is kinda messing with the point of shinys.

If you agree pm me

beenachu

<= Got you, at last!
Does getting a higher chain increase your chances?
'cause today I got a shiny Nosepass with a chain of 9.

Illogical

Mistress of Nonsense
Yes, though it isn't impossible to get a Shiny on lower chains, (I've gotten a NidoranF on a chain of 1 or 2, whee) it IS rather rare. Higher chains increase your chances.

beenachu

<= Got you, at last!
Yes, though it isn't impossible to get a Shiny on lower chains, (I've gotten a NidoranF on a chain of 1 or 2, whee) it IS rather rare. Higher chains increase your chances.

Sweet. I must've been pretty lucky.
I've seen a siveo on Youtube of a guy getting a shiny Happiny with a chain of one. xD
Lucky, he was.

~*DarkAbsol*~

run, i'll attack~~*
the higher the chain, the higher the chance of a shiny, but you can also get lucky and get a shiny on a low chain, like my lickitung on chain 2

Illogical

Mistress of Nonsense
Grarghhh! Finally got a chain higher than 35-- 36, with Abra of all things-- and a Shinx came in and broke it on a spot where it shouldn't have been. (non-glitter patch, exactly four spaces away from me-- gah!)
Only one of the 24 Abra I caught had the proper nature, ability and half-decent IVs, too. I think it's got a 29 in SAtk but the Serebii IV calculator confuses me, so I'm going to go for a nearly 100% 31 in SAtk or Speed. >_<;; Lordy, I'm spending so much on Quick Balls...
Back to chaining up some more, I guess, since I still need a proper Abra to TM to kingdom come and freak out my brothers with its ZOMGAWESOME EV-trained TM-move awesomeness... *sigh* The things I do to make my brothers go "WTK Just Happened"...

Last edited:

48Elmaxo16

Hauu!!!
i don't know how you guys can manage to get these shiny pokemon . it seems so hard although right know im chaining corsola.

Rikku

you're so mean! :@:@
hey you all i found something,in my friend's book,its said that not all of your chaining patch of grass will be the shiny one (the pulsing shine patch of grass) instead,a normal patch of grass if you walk on it,you will encounter a shiny pokemon.is this true?

freedom-123

AAMayL supporter
^ i think u understood the wording wrong, becos it is true not all patches are the "shiny patch" thats y we have to build our chains, also u can encounter shiny in non-shiny patches its just its the same 1 in 8192 chance...i got my shinx dat way...not shiny patch shiny shinx

Illogical

Mistress of Nonsense
@Isaac: Yeah, I know. The whole reason I'm chaining Abra in the first place is because I needed to catch mass amounts of Abra anyway, in order to get the IVs/Nature/Ability I want, so... yeah, why not try and get a Shiny? ^^;
Caught another 20-ish Abra last night, then a Starly came in (I think one of those 20 was a possibly-good one, need to check the IVs). After that I could only find Zubat and Kricketot, so I went over to the Pokemon Mansion to reset for either a Happiny or Eevee. Didn't get far though as it was late, going to continue doing that today once I copy my PictoChat scribbles over into Paint... xD;;

... You know, I think I'm going to write down what this guy says he sees in his garden. Just to try and figure out the probabilities of him saying "Eevee". Because it sure takes him a bajillion SRs to tell me that sometimes... >__<

Officer Jenny

Poliwag ftw
i got a chain of 33 bibarel the other day, my longest chain so far!!
i seem to be completely luckless on the whole shiny pokemon front....
feel my pain

ITG_213

hmm... try turning off the lights in the room youre playing in. And set the DS's lights to the brightest. Makes sure you're focused, dont do anything else and you should be in a quiet room.

BTW, even if you do find a SHiny Beldum, it'll be very hard to capture as it has the catch rate the same as legendaries. I tried putting to sleep and False Swiping a Normal Beldum, None of my Dusk, Quick or Ultra balls worked, its sooooo hard to catch.

@Illogical: Kk, no prob :)

Typo

been a while
i got a chain of 33 bibarel the other day, my longest chain so far!!
i seem to be completely luckless on the whole shiny pokemon front....
feel my pain

Grr, how do you get that high? I've been chaining for an HOUR and the highest Bibarel chain is 2!!!!!! I can't start chaining for Shinys if I can't find the MOST COMMON AND ANNOYING POKEMON MORE THAN 3 TIME IN A ROW!!!!

Illogical

Mistress of Nonsense
o__o;; You are going for patches at least 4 spaces away, right, Typo?
Bleh, only just now starting the resetting to get the stupid Pokemon Mansion guy to say that Happiny or Eevee are in the garden... need a break from silly Abra and Sentret, no matter how cute they are.

Off-topic: Also, copying PictoChat doodles from PictoChat to MSPaint takes a heckuva lot longer than one would expect. o_O;; (Then again, there were 42 doodles...)

Status
Not open for further replies.