• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Catching shiny pokemon with the pokeradar

Status
Not open for further replies.

S.H.L

Blah just battle
Fistly A patch is just a patch I understand what you are saying but unless it is a shiny patch you dont take any risks at all that is the Key thing to chaining if you take risks your heart will get broken. So just dont go into a patch (unless it is a shiny patch) after you have used the radar and you want to use the repel. just reset the radar if that happens.

Takoyaki

So just dont go into a patch (unless it is a shiny patch) after you have used the radar and you want to use the repel. just reset the radar if that happens.

Are you talking about when you have got up to 40 chains. Don`t go into a patch unless it is a shiny patch?

I know some people get to a chain of 10 maybe, and then start waiting for a shiny patch to show up.

Do you wait for a shiny patch from a chain of 1?

Sorry if I did not follow you >_<

I get you now. Yes, I have not been making a mistake I think.......

Just wondering do you always get to 40? I find it quite hard, so I would like to know if you have any luck a chaining at a lower chain of 20 or 10? Thanks

S.H.L

Blah just battle
While you are chaining, you are chaining because more than likely You want to get a shiny correct? Technically you can reset at any number 1, 5, 10 , 20 doesnt matter but know this, the higher you go the better chance you have at finding a shiny pokemon. Its all about raising your chances to find a shiny. When I say raising your chances I mean just making really high chains but always stop at 40 do not go anymore because after 40 the rate at finding a shiny is maximum and you cant raise your chances any more. ONly time you go past 40 is when you have a shiny or when you want ot see how far you can go. Do you understand now?

Takoyaki

While you are chaining, you are chaining because more than likely You want to get a shiny correct? Technically you can reset at any number 1, 5, 10 , 20 doesnt matter but know this, the higher you go the better chance you have at finding a shiny pokemon. Its all about raising your chances to find a shiny. When I say raising your chances I mean just making really high chains but always stop at 40 do not go anymore because after 40 the rate at finding a shiny is maximum and you cant raise your chances any more. ONly time you go past 40 is when you have a shiny or when you want ot see how far you can go. Do you understand now?

Got you mate! Thanks for explaining it to me. I knew that already, it was just the restarting thing which confused me.

Do you know the chance of getting a shiny on a chain of 20 for example. I think with wild Pokemon it is 1/8000 or something.

if it is 1/3000 at a chain of 40, would it be 1/6000 at a chain of 20?

freedom-123

AAMayL supporter
we do not have the equation yet, but we do know that it is capped at 40, but wat u sed could be the case takoyaki

Takoyaki

we do not have the equation yet, but we do know that it is capped at 40, but wat u sed could be the case takoyaki

Cool, thanks. I still have not given up on the Gastly yet you know ;) I will try to get a chain of 30 and buy lots of repels tonight ;328; Last night I should have waited a bit longer, but I trhought I would try and get a bigger chain, but did not make it to 40.

It took me over 3 hours of chaining and waiting for a shiny patch, but I was not lucky. Do you know how long I should expect to wait at 30 chains for a shiny patch?

Last edited:

freedom-123

AAMayL supporter
on average...for me at 40 it takes half an hour or so...soemtiems more, sometimes less, expect a few hours work, but u can do it day and night as long as u ahve a chain the pokemon appears even if its in the daytime

Takoyaki

on average...for me at 40 it takes half an hour or so...soemtiems more, sometimes less, expect a few hours work, but u can do it day and night as long as u ahve a chain the pokemon appears even if its in the daytime

Cool, thanks. Once I get my Gastly I will post a picture of it on here ^-^. Are you after a shiny now?

freedom-123

AAMayL supporter
nop...i caught all my shinies on my friend's game so i msut finish my own game now...after resetting 4 times so everyone gets palkia lol, now my problem is...trading like 210 pokemon across -_____-

but wen i start again ill msot likely hunt for a shiny bagon

shadow3944

The Legend Himself
*sigh* Don't spam here....

SkittyOnWailord had a good find. Try chaining in the fog without clearing it. Nintendo apparently put the fog under the patch animation. So you will really only see 2-4 patches shake in the white fog. (it is very visual. Probably very good for people who are going after Bagon)

Takoyaki

SkittyOnWailord had a good find. Try chaining in the fog without clearing it. Nintendo apparently put the fog under the patch animation. So you will really only see 2-4 patches shake in the white fog. (it is very visual. Probably very good for people who are going after Bagon)

Thanks for it tip. I thought it would be harder to chain for Pokémonin the snow.

I got a shiny Surskit!!! I had to get up to 42 chains, and it took me 4 hours. Here is a photo;-

http://i7.*******.com/632ev7p.jpg

Back to my mission of getting Gastly. Wish me luck ^-^

Natsu

Waves Shaker
Hi, can someone help me?
If I got a patch like this is it correct to get it?

O###%

or like this:

O####
####%

O -> me
# -> non moving grass
& -> moving grass

Thank soo much!^^

Takoyaki

Hi, can someone help me?
If I got a patch like this is it correct to get it?

O###%

or like this:

O####
####%

O -> me
# -> non moving grass
& -> moving grass

Thank soo much!^^

No, that is not right. You need to move 4 steps not three.

Please look at this diagram;-

http://i19.*******.com/534rj35.jpg

[/color]

Natsu

Waves Shaker
No, that is not right. You need to move 4 steps not three.

Please look at this diagram;-

http://i19.*******.com/534rj35.jpg

[/color]

I'd go to the number 3 looking that, but aren't 3 steps too to get it?Or does it count the lateral step?

Takoyaki

I'd go to the number 3 looking that, but aren't 3 steps too to get it?Or does it count the lateral step?

As far as I know, you should go to the number 4, with is 4 steps away. Also make sure 4 patches of grass are shacking and don`t go into the 4th patch if it is on the edge of the grassy area.

Status
Not open for further replies.