• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Catching shiny pokemon with the pokeradar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Chain ended at 66 with 5 shiny Baltoy. I broke the chain when I went into the 5th shiny patch. I am currently chaining for shiny Slakoth, one of the swarm Pokemon I don't have shiny yet, even though I've had the swarm.

Currently at 9 on my Slakoth chain.

Congrats on the baltoys SD!
I just caught my 6th shiny beldum, I need to catch them all in masterballs sadly, as they are too annoying to catch in any other pokeballs >_>
EDIT: Shiny Beldum 7 =]
EDIT 2: #8

Last edited:
Just had yet another chain break on me, this time at 26:[
I'm feeling a lot more patient than normal, tonight, so I think i'll try again.

vitz

congrats everyone ^__^ so many shinies

my shinx (lol) chain is at 30, I'm just resetting now cause when my budew chain broke at 38, I promised myself I would stop next time I had a chain reach 30. Is this a reasonable thing to do? I swear I'll break something if I try to continue the chain and it breaks >:[

^Some people start resetting at 20, and still have a Shiny appear. But even though there is only a difference of 10 between 30 and 40 in your chain, the chance rises from 0.04698%(at 30) to 0.50152%(at 40)...

Basically, if you reset anywhere before 39, then be aware that you could be resetting your radar for some time...
But hey, maybe you'll get lucky and get a Shiny bush or two really quickly^_^

Good luck!

My Eevee chains keep breaking...
I've decided that i'm writing the all-four Sparkly bushes off of my list as ones to look out for, because almost all of my chains have broken due to entering the 4th row bush in that pattern>.<

vitz

haha, I got one! :D

my first pokeradar shinyyyyyyyyy

thanks halcyon, I'm gonna try to get one more by resetting and then just see if I can make it to 40 ^___^

haha, I got one! :D

my first pokeradar shinyyyyyyyyy

thanks halcyon, I'm gonna try to get one more by resetting and then just see if I can make it to 40 ^___^

Oh, congratulations!^______^
Shinx was also my first Radar Shiny, like for many others too it seems;]

Good luck in getting some more^_-

I've halted my Eevee chaining to take a break... I can only tolerate so many chainbreaks at once^_^;

Though I went to Snowpoint after, and I found that the 'Diamond Dust' was falling:]
Perhaps the 12th of January 'suprise' that was mentioned?

Hmm, well good luck on your chains everyone.

Last edited:

Pimplup784

Back in Blue?
My Machop chain has broken at 26. No idea why, because I went into the 4th ring patch. Weird...

shadow3944

The Legend Himself
Shadow's back from the shadows. :p

FIRST LOG IN SINCE OCTOBER! *Headbangs* *Breaks a brick wall*

I have no shinies new... lol. I do often get chains over 40 though.

So I'm back kinda... (Wow... 60 pages later....)

Xilaa

gnogelbbwar
My swarm is Dunsparce today, but I'm not going to bother because the only way Dunsparce is any good competitively is with egg moves.

Caught an awesome Drifloon anyway, but I can't think of a nickname. Any suggestions? It's a Calm male.

Chaos Element: X

♪♫ 勝利は私の物です‼
A quick question about chaining:

So, when you place a Pokemon with Magnet Pull at the head of the party, the chances of a steel-type Pokemon are increased.
When you place a Pokemon with Synchronize at the head of the party, the chances that target Pokemon's nature will match the Synchronizer is elevated to 50%.

Now, I want to chain and find a Shiny Bronzor. If I place a fainted Umbreon (with Synchronize) at the head of my party, followed by a fainted Magneton (with Magnet Pull), will the effects of both natures still be in effect?

A quick question about chaining:

So, when you place a Pokemon with Magnet Pull at the head of the party, the chances of a steel-type Pokemon are increased.
When you place a Pokemon with Synchronize at the head of the party, the chances that target Pokemon's nature will match the Synchronizer is elevated to 50%.

Now, I want to chain and find a Shiny Bronzor. If I place a fainted Umbreon (with Synchronize) at the head of my party, followed by a fainted Magneton (with Magnet Pull), will the effects of both natures still be in effect?

No, i'm pretty sure they won't be...
Only the Pokémon in slot one of your party, fainted or not, will have it's Ability take effect.
The best you can do, is just stick your Magnet Puller in slot one, and when you find a Shiny bush just switch before entering it...
Although really, you only need Magnet Pull/Static to help you get to 40 anyways, so after that you can just keep your Syncronizer in slot one instead:]

Chaos Element: X

♪♫ 勝利は私の物です‼
The best you can do, is just stick your Magnet Puller in slot one, and when you find a Shiny bush just switch before entering it...
Although really, you only need Magnet Pull/Static to help you get to 40 anyways, so after that you can just keep your Syncronizer in slot one instead:]

Oh, wow... so that's how people are doing it... I couldn't figure out how people were getting Adamant Beldum using a Synchronizer and a Magnet Puller. Wonder why didn't I think of that? School is really frying my brains.

Thanks!

My chain of beldum broke yesterday at 54 with 11 shinies, all caught in masterballs sadly.
7 of them were adamant, most of them having 80+ in their attack. Two of these had 28 ivs in attack, but every other iv sucked.
Also I just found out that one of my shiny bold corsolas with natural cure had flawless hp and sp.def ^_^. Sadly it only had 10 ivs in defense...

Last edited:

Cutty

Forever now
^^I dont think Adamant is quite suitable 4 Metagross since it can learn psychic (spec. atk), but its completely up yours.^^

Anyway, by catching 10 shiny Eevee with Modest Nature of 20 means.... I finally will get..............

196.png
196.png
196.png
196.png
196.png
196.png
196.png
196.png
196.png
196.png

YaY, Cant be better. My dream comes true! I have to start thinking for their nicknames! *panic* I must get to book store now to get nickname book...

Last edited:
It is true that m-gross learns psychic, but then it learns meteor mash, earthquake and explosion. Plus it's attack goes up to 405.
I did get a quiet shiny beldum though, but its ivs sucked eggs.
Gonna chain eevee(again)or chansey, whichever appears first.

Pokerealm

Newest Shiny~
Congrats Cuty Flam =D

Only swarms left I need in their Shiny forms: Delibird, Skitty, Dunsparce, Drowzee and Swinub.

I changed my swarm several times today untill I got a Delibird swarm.
So far I don't have problems with the hail, though my first 2 chains broke on 18 and 21 respectively.

I'm trying again in a few minutes.

Cutty

Forever now
^Actually its easier to chain in the hail with the diamond dust phenomena. The snow becomes falling slowly, you can see everything clearly. Not like its so important, since Im sure you wont be troubled much even with normal condition, considering your chaining level. Eh, what level now? *********

Wait, you havent got shiny Drowzee? Man, im gonna have to cut 2 stars.^^
I awready got 5 Drowzees.

Currently, Im planning to chain either Snover or Snorunt (Diamond dust helps), but still taking a break after-eevee-math.^^

Status
Not open for further replies.