• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Catching shiny pokemon with the pokeradar

Status
Not open for further replies.

HellDhampir

Vampire Hunter
i am curretly chaining gastly
up to 21 hope it doesnt break

cool pichu

sparky eared
my best one is 18 with two shinies ;)

Gabriel Rocha Nascimento

Garoto de Macaé
If I have 20, what would be the chances of getting a shiny?
I mean, "about" how many times should I use the radar?

Pokerealm posted the figures he found, a couple of times...
I don't have the time to retype them now, but here are some examples of how the probability rises -

Chain number/Chance of appearance(per shaking bush)

1 - 0.01403%
10 - 0.01765%
20 - 0.02533%
30 - 0.04698%
35 - 0.08468%
36 - 0.10152%
37 - 0.12652%
38 - 0.16819%
39 - 0.25152%
40 - 0.50152%

As you can see, when the chain reaches 35 or so it starts to rapidly increase until 40, where it will remain as 0.50152% no matter how much higher you elevate your chain.

As for how many resets...
Well now that depends on your luck;3 Could be one, could be one-hundered+
Don't count, just keep doing it until one appears, though most of the time a Shiny bush appears within 10-20 Max Repels worth of resets, for me anyways...

I don't have the link myself, these are just what I saved when Pokerealm posted them.
They were worked out using some formula that was found, but I can't remember what that was:p
I remember seeing it in some guide on Gamefaqs.com though...

Anyways, I have no more time to spare now, so i'm gone...

Pokerealm

Newest Shiny~
Tried chaining some random things today.

I started with Abra, but broke my chain at 9 already.
Mareep followed, but that one broke at 37!!!
I just can't let Mareep going away unpinished, so I chained it again:

Muwhahaahaha
Gehehehehe
Take this you sheep!

PS. Anyone heard something of Shuko and Zane Clarthy lately? I haven't seen them on in a while..

Gabriel Rocha Nascimento

Garoto de Macaé
Pokerealm posted the figures he found, a couple of times...
I don't have the time to retype them now, but here are some examples of how the probability rises -

Chain number/Chance of appearance(per shaking bush)

1 - 0.01403%
10 - 0.01765%
20 - 0.02533%
30 - 0.04698%
35 - 0.08468%
36 - 0.10152%
37 - 0.12652%
38 - 0.16819%
39 - 0.25152%
40 - 0.50152%

As you can see, when the chain reaches 35 or so it starts to rapidly increase until 40, where it will remain as 0.50152% no matter how much higher you elevate your chain.

As for how many resets...
Well now that depends on your luck;3 Could be one, could be one-hundered+
Don't count, just keep doing it until one appears, though most of the time a Shiny bush appears within 10-20 Max Repels worth of resets, for me anyways...

Thanks! That's what I wanted to know.

Aesir22

want to chain the swarm pokemon of today...zigzagoon..
but the chains break before reaching 40...one broke at 38

Congrats on mareep pokerealm! The funny thing is that my first mareep chain broke at 37 aswell! Then the next day I managed to avenge pachirusu (i.e. chain breakers) and got 4 shinty mareep, 3 of them having the nature I wanted (quiet).
My chaining targets atm are bellsprout and togepi, but so far I've had rotten luck.
Good luck everyone else.

Pokerealm

Newest Shiny~
Congrats on mareep pokerealm! The funny thing is that my first mareep chain broke at 37 aswell! Then the next day I managed to avenge pachirusu (i.e. chain breakers) and got 4 shinty mareep, 3 of them having the nature I wanted (quiet).
My chaining targets atm are bellsprout and togepi, but so far I've had rotten luck.
Good luck everyone else.

Thanks =D
My first Mareep is Rash, which also isn't that bad.
I'm not planning to get loads of them, as I already caught around 9 or 10 Flaaffy a few months ago =p

Still haven't got a second Shiny Mareep, haven't resetted much, though.

Good luck on Bellsprout/Togepi, and good luck to everyone else too.

Thanks =)
My togepi chain is at 14 now, and i saw a 100% safe patch. Even though it was at the edge I went to it and thankfully it didn't break the chain :).

Lord_Soto

Sweet!

First shiny sneasel after three straight days of trying... now to catch the little pink booger in a heal ball...

<b>Edit: Captured the first... forgot my only paralysis was an oddish who was 10 levels below my sneasel... took a LOT of revives to survive the icy wind...</B>

Last edited:

Gabriel Rocha Nascimento

Garoto de Macaé
Thanks =)
My togepi chain is at 14 now, and i saw a 100% safe patch. Even though it was at the edge I went to it and thankfully it didn't break the chain :).

What do you mean by "100% safe patch"?

I finnally got my first pokeradar shiny, actually shinies. I got two Shiny Ursarings and one was an adamant nature. After the second shiny I tried to see how many more I could chain and I went all the way to 76 which is 40 more than what I had for my highest chain. I have been trying for bagon, but haven't had any luck yet and I forgot I could defog the area.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.