• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Catching shiny pokemon with the pokeradar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pimplup784

Back in Blue?
Yeah I got 2 shiny pineco!!!! The only problem is, none of my synchronizers worked and I got 2 neutral natured ones. Not sure which one to use as Bashful is my first but I like things that are serious:p.

Kagrenak

<- Got'cha.
I was screwing a bit with Pineco (broke at 13, 16 and 36, the last one got on my nerves) and while looking for one, a random shiny Shinx appeared. xD

I don't like Shinx and its evos very much, but nevertheless it's my first shiny ever.

Pimplup784

Back in Blue?
I was screwing a bit with Pineco (broke at 13, 16 and 36, the last one got on my nerves) and while looking for one, a random shiny Shinx appeared. xD

I don't like Shinx and its evos very much, but nevertheless it's my first shiny ever.

Wow, congrats:).

Kagrenak

<- Got'cha.
Wow, congrats:).

Thanks, good job on Pineco :) My 36 chain broke for no reason, but it was not bad I guess, as for my first chain that I made strictly obeying the chain rules. Back to chaining this little beast, hopefuly I'll chain it to 40 before Christmas :) Wish me luck :)

Could someone post the % chances of runing into a shiny on particular stages of chain? Or provide a ilnk to the post where these are stated?

Last edited:

Magmar Master

My pichu chain borke to a pikachu with no shinies :(

pichu chain now at 10

I don't Know The percentage But I do know the chance at 0 and 40

and 0 theres a 1 in 8192 chance

at 40 theres a 1 in 200 chance

Celebus

Thanks, good job on Pineco :) My 36 chain broke for no reason, but it was not bad I guess, as for my first chain that I made strictly obeying the chain rules. Back to chaining this little beast, hopefuly I'll chain it to 40 before Christmas :) Wish me luck :)

Could someone post the % chances of runing into a shiny on particular stages of chain? Or provide a ilnk to the post where these are stated?

This might help you a little bit.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Poké_Radar

Pimplup784

Back in Blue?
My pichu chain borke to a pikachu with no shinies :(

pichu chain now at 10

I don't Know The percentage But I do know the chance at 0 and 40

and 0 theres a 1 in 8192 chance

at 40 theres a 1 in 200 chance

Ah that sucks...

I'm going back to chain porygon, again. And I didn't have enough time to chain all day yesterday. My Porygon chain is at 2 right now. Wish me luck!
EDIT: Chain broke at 12.

Last edited:

Kagrenak

<- Got'cha.
My shiny Shinx is Relaxed(not bad, but not extra either), BUT:

it's got 31 IVs in attack :D

Will post a picture in a few minutes, when I'll feed him with more candies to check other IVs

EDIT:

Shinx - #403 (Relaxed)
HP: 10 - 21
Att: 31
Def: 21 - 31
SpA: 4 - 5
SpD: 0 - 3
Speed: 23 - 24

Quite very nice I'd say, for a random.

Last edited:
My shiny Shinx is Relaxed(not bad, but not extra either), BUT:

it's got 31 IVs in attack :D

Will post a picture in a few minutes, when I'll feed him with more candies to check other IVs

Nice, congrats on the Flawless Attack Shinx =)
And well done on the Pineco Pimplup!

I'm going to check the IVs of the rest of my 30 Eevees I caught now..
*hopes for another triple flawless IVed one*

Good luck people:D

Mr_Confused

The Ultimate
Elekid does not like me, latest chain broke at 25. Why does the wind works have to be so small

mew..

What do you want?
you do know they can be found on the route near the honey tree..(over the bridge)..

good luck to all chains, and gratz to new shinies

Mr_Confused

The Ultimate
you do know they can be found on the route near the honey tree..(over the bridge)..

good luck to all chains, and gratz to new shinies

i tried over there for like 30 min and all i could find were hoppips, so i couldnt even get a chain started.

My Porygon chain broke at 1. I need to focus on my 3rd gen. targets. So, I"ll go for it one more time.

Pimplup784

Back in Blue?
Nice, congrats on the Flawless Attack Shinx =)
And well done on the Pineco Pimplup!

I'm going to check the IVs of the rest of my 30 Eevees I caught now..
*hopes for another triple flawless IVed one*

Good luck people:D

Thanks, and good luck. I am chaining again to get more as my other chain broke. Let's hope the shinies don't selfdestruct...

Kagrenak

<- Got'cha.
Thanks, and good luck. I am chaining again to get more as my other chain broke. Let's hope the shinies don't selfdestruct...

That's why I try on route 203. They're leel 5 there, so the don't have Selfdestruct.

If I only found them, shinies, that would be the perfect chance for them not to use this Selfdestruct :D

Ah, well, I'm out for today, gonna try tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.