• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Catching shiny pokemon with the pokeradar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pimplup784

Back in Blue?
I broke my cacturne chain by mistake. This is what happened:
First, I thought a shiny patch appeared behind my player's head, but it was a normal cacturne. Having done that I somehow switched the type of grass I was chaining in from sparkly to normal. I tried to change it back, but when I did try it broke to a dugtrio :p
Oh well, at least I caught 2 shinies. Natures are timid and quirky. No adamant for me.
Not sure what to chain next. Maybe wurmple or gastly? Hmmm...

And congrats on the shiny pineco pimplup! It has a really nice golden-orange colour *.* Hope your syncher kicks in soon!
Thanks, and my chain broke at 26. Try again...

roses_108

I have just started doing this. I got really lucky and got a Shiny Roselia after only a chain of 1. My biggest chain is 12 so far.

Zabi

Not really here.
I have been trying to chain Eevee recently. My best is 8 for it. xD They are so hard to find...All I have been finding are Staravia, and I personally hate Staravia, so I get really mad when I chain these. :p I hope to get to 40 soon.

Good luck everyone.

EDIT: Yay, I just found one. Lets hope it doesn't break.
EDIT2: Broke already! D:

Last edited:

Anonymous Trainer

<-----Facewall
....Wow, this thread is lively. :p

I'm chaining Beldum, and my eyes are SORE from squinting in the sandstorm. Currently on 28. Just stay away a bit longer Dugtrio.

Edit: Nevermind. Rhydon just broke it. >_<

Last edited:

Ginji

Hmm
Weird meowth chain

My first chain ended at 47 with one shiny, 28 ivs in spd female technician

the second one ended at 39 with one shiny, 22 ivs in spd pick up (but the chain was broke by a random shiny female eevee o_o)

the third one ended at 55 with one shiny, 17 ivs in spd pick up (this one broke at 56 by another shiny eevee male)

so i ended up with 3 jolly shiny meowth and 2 shiny eevee, one quirky (29 ivs in spd) and one jolly (18 ivs in spd)

^That is really odd. Anyway, my Eevee chain is at 5. I went to the edge twice. Luckily it didn't broke. Wish me luck.
EDIT: I'll go for it tomorrow.

Last edited:

Mr_Confused

The Ultimate
Wow, i just randomly went into a patch and found a shiny golduck, i think its number 9 in the chain. Didnt even see that the patch was shiny XD

I've checked the IVs of my Eevees:p

Blue = male/Red = female.

1: Timid, 'Sturdy body'. 23 / 27 / 30 / 8 / 22 / 8
2: Timid, 'Likes to thrash about'. 0 / 31 / 23 / 14 / 22 / 5
3: Timid, 'Quick to flee'. 5 / 15 / 17 / 5 / 5 / 29
4: Timid, 'Highly curious'. 13 / 15 / 11 / 20 / 2 / 2
5: Timid, 'Sturdy body'. 9 / 20 / 25 / 19 / 1 / 1
6: Timid, 'Likes to thrash about'. 28 / 31 / 22 / 12 / 17 / 0
7: Timid, 'Somewhat stubborn'. 5 / 21 / 1 / 6 / 24 / 21
8: Modest, 'Often dozes off'. 31 / 17 / 14 / 19 / 14 / 7
9: Modest, 'Often lost in thought'. 10 / 23 / 0 / 28 / 5 / 19
10: Bold, 'Likes to run'. 1 / 4 / 9 / 14 / 5 / 25
11: Bold, 'Good endurance'. 20 / 17 / 23 / 23 / 17 / 15
12: Bold, 'A little quick tempered'. 17 / 22 / 18 / 21 / 5 / 21
13: Calm, 'Sturdy body'. 30 / 15 / 30 / 23 / 27 / 15
14: Relaxed, 'likes to run' 16 / 15 / 20 / 1 / 24 / 30
15: Relaxed, 'Loves to eat'. 25 / 9 / 19 / 18 / 17 / 24
16: Sassy, 'Mischievous'. 20 / 10 / 5 / 31 / 9 / 7
17: Sassy, 'Likes to run'. 18 / 29 / 4 / 9 / 17 / 30
18: Sassy, 'Hates to lose'. 11 / 27 / 21 / 22 / 28 / 12
19: Hasty, 'Often dozes off'. 31 / 15 / 5 / 19 / 4 / 24
20: Rash, 'Often dozes off'. 31 / 24 / 5 / 12 / 27 / 7
21: Naive, 'Quick to flee'. 15 / 19 / 2 / 20 / 4 / 24
22: Lonely, 'Likes to thrash about'. 17 / 31 / 28 / 30 / 28 / 15

23: Timid, 'Likes to relax'. 29 / 28 / 29 / 24 / 22 / 8
24: Timid, 'Somewhat of a clown'. 2 / 4 / 20 / 23 / 2 / 23
25: Bashful, 'Impetuous and silly'. 4 / 10 / 19 / 10 / 21 / 22
26: Bashful, 'Somewhat stubborn'. 13 / 7 / 8 / 19 / 29 / 7
27: Naughty, 'Very finicky'. 20 / 0 / 29 / 29 / 10 / 26
28: Naive, 'Alert to sounds'. 0 / 8 / 10 / 9 / 5 / 21
29: Mild, 'Somewhat vain'. 12 / 8 / 11 / 0 / 26 / 4
30: Impish, 'Good perseverance'. 1 / 19 / 24 / 7 / 17 / 4

That Naughty female hurts to look at >_>
I'm planning on raising 13 as an Umbreon, and 23 as an Espeon.
22 also looks good for a Flareon, but i'm not sure if i'll be the one to raise it;]

@ Mr_Confused: That happened once with my Electrike chain, I wasn't even looking at the bushes I was entering, and I look down and see a Shiny Electrike staring at me xD

Maybe it was a Random Shiny?

Best of luck with your chaining everyone, and congrats on another early Shiny pinkerdroit!^^
Lucky~

Mr_Confused

The Ultimate
I just had something really weird happen. I was on my way to a patch and as soon as a step on it it pops and says repels effect wore off, but i didnt go into a battle. So i used a repel, stepped down one and went back up one and a battle starts, but it ends up and it is a dustox and breaks my chain. New Chain Breaker, or just bad luck?

Murra Myrrh

First 5th Gen Shiny!
TT_TT I think I'm going to cry...I want a shiny Eevee so badly! TT_TT I love Eevee...You are so lucky Halcyon...I truly envy you.

I was chaining today, got to a good 37 on Bidoof. I was hoping to see a shiny, but I didn't at the same time. I HATE bidoof, I really do. I would have been so happy to find one, but at the same time I would have cried if I did. Anyways, the chain was broken by a Buizel. It LOOKED like a shiny wiggle grass, but it wasn't. Oh well...

TT_TT I think I'm going to cry...I want a shiny Eevee so badly! TT_TT I love Eevee...You are so lucky Halcyon...I truly envy you.

I was chaining today, got to a good 37 on Bidoof. I was hoping to see a shiny, but I didn't at the same time. I HATE bidoof, I really do. I would have been so happy to find one, but at the same time I would have cried if I did. Anyways, the chain was broken by a Buizel. It LOOKED like a shiny wiggle grass, but it wasn't. Oh well...

Hehe, yeah I guess I am^^
But it's not easy having this many Shinies, you know;D
And I still have a good bunch of my 37 other Shiny Eevees left.. Shame I don't usually trade them.
Maybe i'll reconsider after i've sorted these..

But good luck to you, for the time being~

xXxCRoSSxXx

TeamRocket Giovanny
i got my first shiny ever and i <3 it , its a haunter from after catching giratina with a traded masterball i got , so far its been a good pokemon day for me and the haunter moves were pretty bad *** (hypnosis , dream eater , nightmare , dark pulse,.......darkrai much?)

VTUSH

<---Hatched
after my recent shiny catches im in a good/chaining mood, can sumone give me a random pokemon to chain. congrats everyone on there shinies

Last edited:

Kagrenak

<- Got'cha.
Well done with those ones anyways, annd in my opinion, you should go for Gastly;)
- Good luck with whatever you chain~

Is Gastly radar-able?

EDIT: Back to Pineco. Got repels, loads of balls, Impish synchers...

Argh, this first Radar shiny just HAS to appear in a while...

Wish me luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.