• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Catching shiny pokemon with the pokeradar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magmar Master

Ive caught two shiny ponyta!:D

found the first one after 15 MRs and the second after another two

They are both female

Which is better

A docile ponyta that is proud of its power and has flash fire

or a bashful, somewhat stubborn ponyta with run away

EDIT: I have a voltorb swarm today, shiny voltorb look great I'll try chaining them

rockliplip

I want Shiny!!!!!!!!
Ive caught two shiny ponyta!:D

found the first one after 15 MRs and the second after another two

They are both female

Which is better

A docile ponyta that is proud of its power and has flash fire

or a bashful, somewhat stubborn ponyta with run away

EDIT: I have a voltorb swarm today, shiny voltorb look great I'll try chaining them

What do you mean by Mrs
How big was your chain
Oh and i would use the docile Ponyta but niether is fit for compertitive

Pimplup784

Back in Blue?
MRs means max repels
my chain was 40 when I started reseting but when it broke (by a gravelar) at 42

Well congrats on the shinies. I just caught 2 shiny Nincada, and the synchronizer finally worked:D! They're both females:)!! The chain broke though because I ran out of range.
EDIT: IV's:
12/14/14/24/4/24

I'll see what the metalkid calculator puts out.

Last edited:

Horitzu

NOMNOMNOM
I dont see it. Why people want females? ;o I've heard people want female shinys so they can breed, but than the procent to get a breeded shiny is still minimal?

EDIT: Nice catch Inifity. 8) Shinx look so happy. ^^ I mean, with the thought that it will be trapped forever in a PokéBall and than sended out to fight for you, it seems kind off calm ;)

Last edited:

DieChavsDie

Can anyone give a link to Metalkid's IV Calc?

Many people say it is better than Serebiis

Pimplup784

Back in Blue?
Congrats on the shiny nincada Pimplup.

After not chaining for a whole morning, I decided to get back to my route 228 chaining expedition. Right now I'm chaining diglett. The chain is at 11, wow :p

Pimplup784

Back in Blue?
Congrats on the shiny nincada Pimplup.

After not chaining for a whole morning, I decided to get back to my route 228 chaining expedition. Right now I'm chaining diglett. The chain is at 11, wow :p

Nincadas:p. Thanks man. I am still bugged by the fact that I ran out of range before getting a male... Good Luck on Diglett:).

Haha thanks pimplup =) I'm going to need a LOT of luck getting this diglett chain to 40...
...which is at 18 atm, just 22 to go :p
EDIT: Rank Up :D
Diglett chain at 21...

Last edited:

rockliplip

I want Shiny!!!!!!!!
got 20 chain on machop,wish me luck

Edit:22 the cursed number(3 chains for me have broken there)
Edit:Safe now on 23
Edit:OMFG so nearly stpped in the patch above my head(and it was wrong type)soo 25

Last edited:

Pimplup784

Back in Blue?
Haha thanks pimplup =) I'm going to need a LOT of luck getting this diglett chain to 40...
...which is at 18 atm, just 22 to go :p
EDIT: Rank Up :D
Diglett chain at 21...

I hope you get it:)!!! You too Rockilip.

Calcium

Garden Hose
Darn.. Everytime I go to check where a cool pokemon is located I need LG/Emerald/Ruby, all of which I don't have >.>
I wanted a cool blue-eyes Beedril.
Oh well, I'll continue to SR for a squirtle.

Officer Jenny

Poliwag ftw
well done on the marill mr confused!
i was trying for azurill this morning but failed miserably....

hd no luck so far today, gonna try for zubat later, but yesterday had my best haul ever!
3 ralts, 4 geodude, and.....10 oddish!!!!!!!!!!!!
w00t!!!!
the ralts were all female though, so im gonna try that one again....

That blessed diglett chain managed to get to 38, after resetting for almost an hour at 37. Soon after that I saw a 100% safe patch, to my horror.
I went to it and, and...
....the chain broke to a cacnea .___.
I didn't even realize what happened. I just waited to KO the supposed diglett and found cacne staring right at me.
There goes the 100% safe patch, right down a bottomless pit.
Not only did I waste an hour and a half on that chain without a shiny to speak about it, but now my eyes hurt, real bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.